Author Topic: They Gave Clinton What She Wanted  (Read 1498 times)

Offline corbe

They Gave Clinton What She Wanted
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »
They Gave Clinton What She Wanted

By Erick Erickson  |  November 7, 2016, 11:00am

http://theresurgent.com/they-gave-clinton-what-she-wanted/

There are going to be, for a very long time, a lot of Trump supporters who simply refuse to accept that they were conned. They will blame me. They will blame others. They will never accept responsibility for an easily predictable defeat — a defeat in large part merely by Trump’s own words used against him.

The media too will never really be honest. The media will talk about Republican detachment. They will talk about Republican civil wars. The media will also, moving forward, spend a lot of time hanging Trump around the necks of Republicans like a millstone. What the media will never confess to or own up to acknowledge is the role the media played in giving Hillary Clinton exactly what she wanted.

Many Trump voters sided with Trump because they thought the establishment had hand picked sure fire losers like McCain and Romney. They wanted to pick this time. But subtly and effectively, the media chose for them. Donald Trump’s plane landings were treated by CNN as if they were Air Force One landings. Trump was allowed phone call visits on shows across America where other candidates were expected to be in studio.

During the course of the primaries, Trump benefited from vastly more free air time than any other Republican. What made it so astounding was how uncritically the coverage of Trump was. Where other candidates had rallies and speeches cut short, Trump’s ran in their entirety. Where others candidates were fact checked and rebutted, Trump was given a pass.

Trump had the advantage of being a familiar New Yorker who had spent years cultivating relationships with members of the media and used those relationships.

http://theresurgent.com/they-gave-clinton-what-she-wanted/

Entire Article at Link Above
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: They Gave Clinton What She Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »
The GOP establishment should not be let off the hook.

Despite all the Trumper self deception about the establishment hating Trump, history will show them getting on board with him well before the primary race was over.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »
Reading between the lines, Erickson doesn't think much of the intelligence of the average Trump supporter.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 04:50:46 pm »
Trump had the advantage of being a familiar New Yorker who had spent years cultivating relationships with members of the media and used those relationships.

I think it was Sean Hannity who claimed that other candidates refused to do interviews but those candidates pointed out that they don't live in NY and don't fly back there every night and wouldn't be available for a studio interview. Then Hannity wouldn't allow the other candidates to do phone in interviews.

The whole "The media hates Trump" narrative was a lie that only simpletons believed. Even at the height of Trump's "fight" with FOX news he was still doing his weekly call in segment on FOX and Friends.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:52:40 pm »
Trump supporters are a very stubborn lot.  Don't expect them to own up to a mistake.  I bet they would nominate him again, with the knowledge that Hillary would win by default. 

Future candidates will have to find ways to target and splinter the Trump crowd.  Otherwise, we're liable to end up with Sarah Palin or Paul LePage as the nominee.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:33:18 pm »
Trump supporters are a very stubborn lot.  Don't expect them to own up to a mistake.  I bet they would nominate him again, with the knowledge that Hillary would win by default. 

Future candidates will have to find ways to target and splinter the Trump crowd.  Otherwise, we're liable to end up with Sarah Palin or Paul LePage as the nominee.

As an aside, Dubya never owned up to any of his mistakes, either.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 06:38:35 pm »
Reading between the lines, Erickson doesn't think much of the intelligence of the average Trump supporter.

He is not alone in that regard...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:30 pm »
The GOP establishment should not be let off the hook.

Despite all the Trumper self deception about the establishment hating Trump, history will show them getting on board with him well before the primary race was over.

The Trump militant and the bulk of the GOP will never recognize that fact.  They will refuse to see that the media in cahoots with the Oligarchy and the DNC chose their candidate for them, and they lapped it up because Trump gave them a voice and created the appearance he was a fighter.

They didn't care that Trump's fruits of success were virulently attacking other Conservatives and clearing the field of any actual opposition to Hildabeast. Trump and the media classified every single Conservative/GOP candidate as an establishment lackey or a Goldman Sachs "neocon" and only Trump was their path to salvation and beating Hillary.

What comes after tomorrow remains to be seen in terms of the punishment the Trump militant have promised those of us who refused to vote for their chosen.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 06:56:17 pm »
Still a little early for Monday morning quarterbacking.  This can wait until Wednesday.  I am distressed that so many in my party have sought, for purposes I do not understand, to undermine Trump at every turn.  I have suffered through many nominees I did not agree with over the years, including Trump.  But, understanding the implications of two-person contests, I always left the nominees alone to run their campaigns, and devoted most of my public observations commenting on the opposition.

When this is over, I hope that in addition to the pointing of fingers at the media there will be an acknowledgement that some on our side should have STFU at least until after it was over. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:04:47 pm »
Still a little early for Monday morning quarterbacking.  This can wait until Wednesday.  I am distressed that so many in my party have sought, for purposes I do not understand, to undermine Trump at every turn.  I have suffered through many nominees I did not agree with over the years, including Trump.  But, understanding the implications of two-person contests, I always left the nominees alone to run their campaigns, and devoted most of my public observations commenting on the opposition.

When this is over, I hope that in addition to the pointing of fingers at the media there will be an acknowledgement that some on our side should have STFU at least until after it was over.

It's simple. If you had a clue as to what the GOP platform was, you'd realize that Trump undermined it beginning long before his announced candidacy with attacks on conservatives like Ronald Reagan and his donation of large sums to the very liberal democrats working to instill Socio-communism on this country.

That's not a matter of debate. It's a matter of well-documented history.

What you saw was conservative Americans rebelling against the final stage socio-communist takeover of the GOP by populist liberals that are intrested only in winning, not in governing constitutionally. If you cannot say with a straight face that Donald Trump is the best man to lead America, then you already have your answer as to why conservatives, ACTUAL conservatives, refused to STFU. When Reagan said we were not going to hand the party over to the people we oppose, some of us took that seriously. Unfortunately, most did not.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:29 pm »

Their intelligence is fine, in my book. I understood the early excitement of Trump, i.e. it felt good to flip a big bird at the GOP establishment. As a Cruz supporter, I felt the same way.

Unfortunately, the media held back on the most damaging stories on Trump, waiting for him to get the nomination.

OTOH, what aided Trump was his willingness to appear on cable news, no matter the time of day. He sucked the air time from the rest of his competition.

The bad news is Trump's not going away should he lose tomorrow. So long as Hannity remains on the air, Trump will have a willing vehicle where he can continue spewing his message.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:46 pm »
Their intelligence is fine, in my book. I understood the early excitement of Trump, i.e. it felt good to flip a big bird at the GOP establishment. As a Cruz supporter, I felt the same way.

Unfortunately, the media held back on the most damaging stories on Trump, waiting for him to get the nomination.

OTOH, what aided Trump was his willingness to appear on cable news, no matter the time of day. He sucked the air time from the rest of his competition.

The bad news is Trump's not going away should he lose tomorrow. So long as Hannity remains on the air, Trump will have a willing vehicle where he can continue spewing his message.

There were way too many candidates running for the nomination, none of which could clearly distinguish themselves from the others.   If they lost to Trump, how do you think they would have fared against the Clinton Machine, with their willing helpers in the media? 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:13:03 pm »

I disagree about the intelligence of a trump voter. They displayed emptional reaction, not intelligent thinking.

That aside, I think Hannity's contract will be ended quickly because Fox will want to stay a viable business. Hillary will accept no Fox dissent in the 'UN'-America. And thats something Trump's supporters should have planned for before intentionally tanking this election with a liberal nutcase.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:15 pm »
Future candidates will have to find ways to target and splinter the Trump crowd.

The Republican Party can do whatever it wants, with "The Trump Crowd".  I am done with the whole unholy alliance and never going to vote a straight Republican ticket again.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »
It's simple. If you had a clue as to what the GOP platform was, you'd realize  ...
Sorry, Norm, but I have to laugh at you presuming to lecture massadvj on "having a clue."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 09:38:56 pm »
Sorry, Norm, but I have to laugh at you presuming to lecture massadvj on "having a clue."

Thank you, my dear, but it wasn't necessary.  I think one thing we will both have in common when this is over is that we both have avoided the flame wars, by and large. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »
The MSM gave us Trump as a nominee and they destroyed him at their convenience in order to give us Hillary. Yeah, I said that.

The problem is that they hoisted themselves on their own petard. The American people will not be able to take another 4 years of the MSM working for the White House. What's the point of even watching/reading it? Fox will be the only network worth watching because they are less beholden to the Administration.  We could see the end of Gannett and several news networks.

Can you imagine being an investigative journalist, growing up on dreams of breaking another Watergate, looking at the Wikileaks data and reduced to merely lamenting "If only it had been a Republican"?
Countdown to Resignation