Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election  (Read 4846 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »
What if greasing the system resulted in jobs for some.

This is the drawback of being a leader. They have hard choices to make, like Governors do, governors like when Perry governed, or Walker or Pence.

geronl

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2016, 06:08:13 pm »
Terry McAuliffe = Trump endorsed, Trump supported $$$

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »
@sneakypete

You're exactly right about McAuliffe and about the Clintons.

However, I'm no more inclined to see the big donor to both McAuliffe and the Clintons elected...the guy who praised Clinton as a wonderful person and great Secretary of State, and who socialized in a very friendly way with her.

@CatherineofAragon

SOOOO,your philosophy is that it is better to see the evil creature he contributed to,most likely to help get some sort of business advantage,in the White House,than the guy that contributed money to her.

Gotcha. Clear as mud.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 06:26:43 pm »
I don't like that this is an apparent political maneuver, however in real life, my view is probably, if one does their time and their crime is not one of the more abhorrent ones like murder; they should probably have a right to vote.

Auto Theft shouldn't rule out one from having a vote I don't think.

@TomSea

Me either,but I DO think it should prevent them from holding public office. A thief is a thief and they never change even if they keep it under control,the urge to get something for nothing will always be there. Given that we have a MASSIVE case of theft not only running for President right now that will probably win,why knowingly elect thieves we know can't be charged or convicted of any crime once they get a high enough office?

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 06:35:02 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

SOOOO,your philosophy is that it is better to see the evil creature he contributed to,most likely to help get some sort of business advantage,in the White House,than the guy that contributed money to her.

Gotcha. Clear as mud.

@sneakypete

You just did the exact thing a hardcore Trump fan did the other day when were discussing this issue.  You made sure to try and characterize Trump's donation to McAuliffe as hey, just business, while deliberately leaving out and avoiding a response to the part about his friendly relationship with Clinton and his frequent gushing compliments.

I guess I understand why, though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:35:47 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2016, 06:49:05 pm »
@sneakypete

You just did the exact thing a hardcore Trump fan did the other day when were discussing this issue.  You made sure to try and characterize Trump's donation to McAuliffe as hey, just business, while deliberately leaving out and avoiding a response to the part about his friendly relationship with Clinton and his frequent gushing compliments.

I guess I understand why, though.

@CatherineofAragon

How old are you,12? Did he just steal your bestest boyfriend,so you will never talk to him again?

Grow up! People with corporations by necessity have business connections with politicians,and almost all of them smooze with politicians from both parties in order to benefit their business. This includes making donations to politicians of the party in power at that time. Why else do you think politicians seek power?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »
April 25, 2016 -- No Republican can win the White House without carrying the state of Virginia.  Yet, Donald Trump donated $25,000 to the very man who will turn Virginia from a competitive purple state into an unwinnable blue state.

According to CNN, among the many liberal Democrats Trump supported throughout his career was Terry McAuliffe in his first bid for the Virginia’s governor’s mansion in 2009.  We are not talking ancient history here.  The frontrunner for the GOP nomination gave $25,000 to one of the sleaziest Democrats of our generation just seven years ago, a man who served as the Chairman of the DNC.  As late as September 2014, Trump was still rubbing shoulders with the man.

Trump Donated $25,000 to Terry 'Let Criminals Vote' McAuliffe

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2016, 07:27:50 pm »
April 25, 2016 -- No Republican can win the White House without carrying the state of Virginia.  Yet, Donald Trump donated $25,000 to the very man who will turn Virginia from a competitive purple state into an unwinnable blue state.

According to CNN, among the many liberal Democrats Trump supported throughout his career was Terry McAuliffe in his first bid for the Virginia’s governor’s mansion in 2009.  We are not talking ancient history here.  The frontrunner for the GOP nomination gave $25,000 to one of the sleaziest Democrats of our generation just seven years ago, a man who served as the Chairman of the DNC.  As late as September 2014, Trump was still rubbing shoulders with the man.

Trump Donated $25,000 to Terry 'Let Criminals Vote' McAuliffe

@Vulcan

You are fine with Hillary as the next president,so why do you care?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

How old are you,12? Did he just steal your bestest boyfriend,so you will never talk to him again?

Grow up! People with corporations by necessity have business connections with politicians,and almost all of them smooze with politicians from both parties in order to benefit their business. This includes making donations to politicians of the party in power at that time. Why else do you think politicians seek power?

Correct.

If one looks at the records for political donations by major (and minor) corporations, they tend to spread the money around, more to the party in power, but still continuing to donate to opposition parties and politicians. They hedge their bets and grease the palms for future protection from unreasonable regulations and other anti-business actions in this racket called government.

Everyone knows this to be true, yet for some reason Donald Trump seems to have been particularly targeted as being egregious and also singularly ascribed with nefarious intentions.

Yes, Donald Trump has been particularly effective at dealing with local governments and environmental groups due to the nature of his primary business. And when Donald Trump announces a new building project, all the usual suspects comes out against it – until he begins working on them through negotiations and somehow convinces them to be for it (he's been very effective in that regard).

It's been the way of the world since the beginning of time, children.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 07:38:48 pm »
@Vulcan

You are fine with Hillary as the next president,so why do you care?

If you believe making such inanely presumptuous and wildly inaccurate statements serve any purpose other than to make you look foolish, by all means have at it. 

For the record, I don't want Hillary to be our next president.  But I don't want her fellow New York liberal Trump, either, and I will vote for neither.  That's pretty simple, really, even if people like you find it hard to comprehend. 

btw...I couldn't help but notice you didn't try to defend your liberal candidate's supporting Terry McAwful.  Noted.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:40:12 pm by Vulcan »

Silver Pines

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Wrong again.

Hey, pete, why are you getting so agitated?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2016, 10:37:19 pm »
If you believe making such inanely presumptuous and wildly inaccurate statements serve any purpose other than to make you look foolish, by all means have at it. 

For the record, I don't want Hillary to be our next president.  But I don't want her fellow New York liberal Trump, either, and I will vote for neither.  That's pretty simple, really, even if people like you find it hard to comprehend. 

btw...I couldn't help but notice you didn't try to defend your liberal candidate's supporting Terry McAwful.  Noted.

@Vulcan

Oh,I comprehend it alright. You are like a petulant 5 year old that whines and cries if he doesn't get his way,and doesn't care if he sets the world on fire because it's all about HIM.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2016, 10:40:23 pm »

Wrong again.

Hey, pete, why are you getting so agitated?

@CatherineofAragon

Because there are enough people like you who think like you that could prevent the most evil candidate to ever run for President of the United States from taking office,but you won't do it because you didn't get your way.

Make no mistake about it,if Bubbette! becomes President,America is over.

Maybe you think that you could have prevented that from happening if you had wanted but decided to not do so is something to be proud of,but I don't.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »
@Vulcan

Oh,I comprehend it alright. You are like a petulant 5 year old that whines and cries if he doesn't get his way,and doesn't care if he sets the world on fire because it's all about HIM.

You say that so much better than I could have. Besides, I always get myself into trouble when I do address that point. But sneaky Pete is made of Teflon.  888high58888
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 10:45:28 pm by aligncare »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 10:54:27 pm »
@Vulcan

Again your ignorance betrays you and again you have made it clear you lack the intellect to realize it.

It is those like you who have "set the world on fire" by supporting an unelectable New York liberal for the Republican nomination.

I, on the other hand, have no hand in it and thus share no blame.  In fact, if I and everyone I know voted for Trump in this general election he would still lose.   Why?  Because he is a loser who never had a chance of defeating the Clinton woman.

When that reprehensible wretch is sworn in you should stand proud as you and everyone here will know you helped make it happen.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »
You say that so much better than I could have. Besides, I always get myself into trouble when I do address that point. But sneaky Pete is made of Teflon.  888high58888

@aligncare

If you don't think crap is flung at me,you just haven't be paying attention.

In a normal situation I wouldn't urinate on Trump if he were on fire,but this isn't a normal situation. The actual future survival of America is at stake.

Plus I am more than a little steamed at some of these people just now finding principles to stand firm on. Where the hell were these cretins when the Bush Crime Family was running for office? If they had insisted on conservative purity back then,we wouldn't be where in the position we are in now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2016, 11:00:30 pm »
Again your ignorance betrays you and again you have made it clear you lack the intellect to realize it.

It is those like you who have "set the world on fire" by supporting an unelectable New York liberal for the Republican nomination.

I, on the other hand, have no hand in it and thus share no blame.  In fact, if I and everyone I know voted for Trump in this general election he would still lose.   Why?  Because he is a loser who never had a chance of defeating the Clinton woman.

When that reprehensible wretch is sworn in you should stand proud as you and everyone here will know you helped make it happen.

@Vulcan

ESAD,poser. YOU and people like you are the ones that are making another Clinton presidency likely.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2016, 11:42:48 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Because there are enough people like you who think like you that could prevent the most evil candidate to ever run for President of the United States from taking office,but you won't do it because you didn't get your way.

Make no mistake about it,if Bubbette! becomes President,America is over.

Maybe you think that you could have prevented that from happening if you had wanted but decided to not do so is something to be proud of,but I don't.

@sneakypete

Sure she's evil.  But is she some kind of mythic beast from beyond the stars, an immortal Cthulhu clone with the power to destroy worlds?  No.  You, and others, have built that corrupt old hag up in your minds to the point that you cower in craven terror of her, and I don't have any more patience with it.

Trump and Clinton are both evil, and if you feel differently, well....too bad you don't own my vote, isn't it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2016, 11:54:22 pm »
@sneakypete

Sure she's evil.  But is she some kind of mythic beast from beyond the stars, an immortal Cthulhu clone with the power to destroy worlds?  No.  You, and others, have built that corrupt old hag up in your minds to the point that you cower in craven terror of her, and I don't have any more patience with it.

@CatherineofAragon

Do you seriously think she is alone? That she doesn't have allies,flunkies,and even people powerful enough to put pressure on her to do what they want her to do?

The difference even between her and Bubba is that Bubba is in it for the bucks. She is in it for the power.  She is so evil even Bubba avoids her when possible. She wants people to fear her and she wants to dominate people. She is like a malignant tumor.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2016, 11:54:33 pm »
Well, Trump is not of the baby killing party, he certainly has that going for them.

So, if a person doesn't see that as evil; it's probably par for the course.

If one wants to say a full blown supporter of abortion, partial birth abortion like Clinton, exporting it around the world is the same evil as a man who hasn't done as much as Reagan or Romney did for abortion, I guess we see it differently.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2016, 11:55:27 pm »
Veep candidate Mike Pence has done way more than any Senators Cruz, Paul, Lee, etc. for the cause of life.

So, if one says they still don't trust Trump on this, okay, but let's get the facts out there.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 12:02:15 am »
@Vulcan

ESAD,poser. YOU and people like you are the ones that are making another Clinton presidency likely.

Me the poser?   :silly:

You're the one supporting a lifelong New York liberal pretending to be conservative.

There is no authenticity in that; you know it, I know it and most everyone here save for your fellow liberal supporters know it. 

Conversely, my refusal to support said liberal is proof my conservative credentials remain well intact. 

As for "ESAD", the last time I heard that it came from someone in their teens.   

Given you have revealed it is part of your vocabulary, I see now why you lack the intellect to comprehend the consequences of your support for the New York liberal Trump.

You need a new script.  The one you're using has done little more than make you look foolish and, frankly, I'm beginning to feel like a bully.

Bye, poser.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 12:09:27 am »
Me the poser?   :silly:

You're the one supporting a lifelong New York liberal pretending to be conservative.

There is no authenticity in that; you know it, I know it and most everyone here save for your fellow liberal supporters know it. 

Conversely, my refusal to support said liberal is proof my conservative credentials remain well intact. 

As for "ESAD", the last time I heard that it came from someone in their teens.   

Given you have revealed it is part of your vocabulary, I see now why you lack the intellect to comprehend the consequences of your support for the New York liberal Trump.

You need a new script.  The one you're using has done little more than make you look foolish and, frankly, I'm beginning to feel like a bully.

Bye, poser.

LOL! Yeah,I can tell you are really,REALLY smart. After all,your mom wouldn't lie to you,would she?

BTW,don't worry about being a bully. You are more laughable than you are dangerous.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2016, 12:18:05 am »
It's not for me to point out others views, I might view it the same way, however, I know in that one thread, it appears CA said maybe the people at TOS didn't like Cruz because of his last name. In the end, one should see, Hispanics for the most part, have been big pro-choicers in supporting the Democratic party. I might see it the same way.

But in no way, will I just say, "as evil as each other, Clinton and Trump"; you know, our feelings are influenced by who we are; but I might see it the same way if I were a Chicano.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2016, 12:28:07 am »
@CatherineofAragon

Do you seriously think she is alone? That she doesn't have allies,flunkies,and even people powerful enough to put pressure on her to do what they want her to do?

The difference even between her and Bubba is that Bubba is in it for the bucks. She is in it for the power.  She is so evil even Bubba avoids her when possible. She wants people to fear her and she wants to dominate people. She is like a malignant tumor.

Only one small disagreement. Hillary is in it for the power and money. Bill's always been in it for the love. With him it's always been about schmoozing the crowds and good-time girls.

Hillary's the one always pushing for the green.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:34:00 am by aligncare »