Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election  (Read 4845 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election

Posted By Luke Rosiak On 8:30 AM 11/06/2016

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has granted voting rights to as many as 60,000 convicted felons just in time for them to register to vote, nearly five times more than previously reported and enough to win the state for his long-time friend, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

McAuliffe sought to allow all of Virginia’s estimated 200,000 felons to vote, but state courts said each individual felon’s circumstances must be weighed. To get around that, McAuliffe used a mechanical autopen to rapidly sign thousands of letters, as if he had personally reviewed them, even as his office was saying the total was 13,000.

Now, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned that McAuliffe — who managed Clinton’s unsuccessful 2008 presidential campaign — churned out five times as many letters before the registration deadline than publicly claimed.

Virginia’s recent political history has seen multiple races that were decided by tiny margins. The 2014 U.S. Senate race, for example, was decided by only 17,000 votes, while the attorney general’s race came down to a mere 165 votes.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/06/exclusive-virginia-gov-pardons-60000-felons-enough-to-swing-election/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:35:47 pm »
How Mickey Mouse; I hope it's clear to everyone what party relies on dirt all the time.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 02:40:20 pm »
Was each felon given a political test first, to determine if he or she would in fact vote democrat if given back his or her voting rights?  If not, then how does anyone know that this group will, as a block, vote democrat?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 02:45:53 pm »
Was each felon given a political test first, to determine if he or she would in fact vote democrat if given back his or her voting rights?  If not, then how does anyone know that this group will, as a block, vote democrat?

Everybody knows that prison inmates spend their days dreaming of getting out and voting democrat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 02:50:49 pm »

@Oceander

The vast majority of the convicted felons in and out of prison are black or some other minority.

YOU figure it out. Take in to account that they were given pardons by a Dim governor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »
@Oceander

The vast majority of the convicted felons in and out of prison are black or some other minority.

YOU figure it out. Take in to account that they were given pardons by a Dim governor.

Careful, someone may throw out the race card at someone.

But felons voting, just like wanting more illegal aliens in, the Democrats don't care about these people, look how many men and women are killed, raped, coming to the US from over the border and other places, all the Democrats care about are votes and power.

Then, we'll turn into a 3rd world backwater.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 03:35:21 pm »
I will never get over having Terry McAuliffe squatting like a toad in my governor's mansion.

I also won't forget that Trump contributed heavily to his first campaign for the office.  That alone is enough of a reason for me to shun Trump.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »
These are not 'felons' in jail.  These are those that did their time and are now out of jail.

"Convicted felons" is misleading as it leads people to believe he's opening up the jails and letting 60,000 walk with a pardon.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 04:09:03 pm »

I will never get over having Terry McAuliffe squatting like a toad in my governor's mansion.

I also won't forget that Trump contributed heavily to his first campaign for the office.  That alone is enough of a reason for me to shun Trump.

A potential second Clinton presidency looming on the horizon has a way of focusing the voters attention on what's important and true, so your comment is easily dismissed as mistaken or deliberately misleading. I'll leave it up to readers familiar with your posting history to make that determination.

The facts: Mr. Trump made political donations to both parties – as most large business concerns in America do. But, his donations were in amounts by far greater to Republicans than to democrats. Because Donald Trump is a Republican.

Is anyone else besides me hearing a false echo around here?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:09:55 pm by aligncare »

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
A potential second Clinton presidency looming on the horizon has a way of focusing the voters attention on what's important and true, so your comment is easily dismissed as mistaken or deliberately misleading. I'll leave it up to readers familiar with your posting history to make that determination.

The facts: Mr. Trump made political donations to both parties – as most large business concerns in America do. But, his donations were in amounts by far greater to Republicans than to democrats. Because Donald Trump is a Republican.

Is anyone else besides me hearing a false echo around here?

@aligncare

You can try to justify and excuse it to someone who might be susceptible to buying it.  I think it's pretty safe to say you wouldn't do so if it were any other Republican who donated to one of the sleaziest Democrats in existence.  But hey, it's "Mr. Trump."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 04:12:51 pm »
Careful, someone may throw out the race card at someone.

@TomSea

I couldn't care less. For one thing I am immune to those charges because according to the race-baiters own standards,I ain't white. I'm a Injun.

I am also immune to it because I don't give a damn what my enemies think of me. In fact,the more they hate me the happier I am. It proves I am standing by my core beliefs as an American.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 04:14:43 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

Blame it on all the yankees and other foreign invaders with government or government-related jobs that moved into northern VA to be closer to Mecca and the source of the riches and power they seek.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:15:03 pm by sneakypete »

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Blame it on all the yankees and other foreign invaders with government or government-related jobs that moved into northern VA to be closer to Mecca and the source of the riches and power they seek.

@sneakypete

I blame it on Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 04:18:10 pm »
These are not 'felons' in jail.  These are those that did their time and are now out of jail.

"Convicted felons" is misleading as it leads people to believe he's opening up the jails and letting 60,000 walk with a pardon.

@HonestJohn

I can't speak for Virginia because I don't know the laws there,but they MIGHT be felons still in jail. Remember Al Sharpton taking busses full of NY activists to Florida to try to steal the election for Goober Gore? One of the things they were doing was going into the prisons to register voters.

We all tend to forget that voting laws come entirely under each state's jurisdiction. If they want to allow people in prison to vote,they are free to do it unless the prisoners  happen to be serving time in a Club Fed in that state. In that case the feral laws would dominate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 04:29:07 pm »
@sneakypete

I blame it on Trump.

@CatherineofAragon

Of course you do,along with hurricanes,bad breath,dandruff,etc,etc,etc.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 04:29:27 pm »
@sneakypete

I blame it on Trump.

What a surprise. Just a hunch that you believe Donald Trump causes global warming and unsightly leg stubble too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 04:54:24 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Of course you do,along with hurricanes,bad breath,dandruff,etc,etc,etc.

@sneakypete

Trump is not responsible for the weather.  He is responsible for those to whom he chooses to donate. 

See how that works?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 04:57:21 pm »
@sneakypete

Trump is not responsible for the weather.  He is responsible for those to whom he chooses to donate. 

See how that works?

@CatherineofAragon

Who has he donated to this year?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 05:03:11 pm by sneakypete »

Silver Pines

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »
What a surprise. Just a hunch that you believe Donald Trump causes global warming and unsightly leg stubble too.

@aligncare

In your case, I don't think you misunderstand, so there's no need for explanation.  I think it's just that you can't bear to lay blame on Trump for anything he does, including to whom he chooses to give his money.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 05:00:58 pm »

This!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 05:06:48 pm »
This!

@CatherineofAragon   @Chosen Daughter

CatherineofAragon wrote earlier:  "I will never get over having Terry McAuliffe squatting like a toad in my governor's mansion."

You would think that anyone that claims to be that upset about Terrible Terry being her governor would be more active when it comes to insuring  his handler isn't elected President,wouldn't you?

And make no mistake about it,McAuliffe is a creature of the Clintons.

Her response to Trump seems to me to be akin to shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest. You will be a loser and have no one to blame but yourself.

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Who has he donated to this year?

@sneakypete

No, no.  Before you throw more questions at me, I want to know if you understand that Trump does not control the weather but does control his donations.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2016, 05:17:30 pm »
@CatherineofAragon   @Chosen Daughter

CatherineofAragon wrote earlier:  "I will never get over having Terry McAuliffe squatting like a toad in my governor's mansion."

You would think that anyone that claims to be that upset about Terrible Terry being her governor would be more active when it comes to insuring  his handler isn't elected President,wouldn't you?

And make no mistake about it,McAuliffe is a creature of the Clintons.

Her response to Trump seems to me to be akin to shooting yourself in the foot before entering a dance contest. You will be a loser and have no one to blame but yourself.

@sneakypete

You're exactly right about McAuliffe and about the Clintons.

However, I'm no more inclined to see the big donor to both McAuliffe and the Clintons elected...the guy who praised Clinton as a wonderful person and great Secretary of State, and who socialized in a very friendly way with her.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2016, 05:29:54 pm »
This!

Thanks, @Chosen Daughter.  Anyone who tries to tell me I should be all right with Trump donating to McAuliffe is barking up the wrong tree and they might as well know it from the outset. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
I don't like that this is an apparent political maneuver, however in real life, my view is probably, if one does their time and their crime is not one of the more abhorrent ones like murder; they should probably have a right to vote.

Auto Theft shouldn't rule out one from having a vote I don't think.