Author Topic: 'The FBI is Trumpland': anti-Clinton atmosphere spurred leaks, sources say  (Read 4991 times)

Oceander

There is no information. There is only speculation.

You are doing it again.  You are saying Comey is rushing to get information out to derail a Clinton presidency.

Do you not see this?

And that is exactly what the Hatch Act prohibits.

Offline skeeter

Not disclosing information is not the same as burying that information.  This applies with particular force to FBI agents other than Comey who may be leaking information.

If they had this information, they should have revealed it a long time ago; now it's nothing more than a blatant attempt to influence the election, and that is expressly prohibited by the Hatch Act.  If this is true, there are going to be a number of very sorry, very poor, ex-FBI agents.

The story is they found the info as a consequence of the Weiner investigation.

And I hope they bury Clinton with whatever they have.

Offline sinkspur

I seriously doubt the Hatch Act specifies that the FBI should bury evidence found prior to an election that one of the candidates might find inconvenient.

I'm just not aware of so much leaking out of the FBI going on prior to an election.

It is the Federal Bureau of INVESTIGATION.  The FBI investigates. IT cannot indict.  Only the DOJ can do that.

Why the rush to leak information if it's not to keep Hillary out of office.

If it was being done to Trump, some here would be squealing like stuck pigs.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Of course you do.  Because you believe in the politicization of the FBI.

Oceander

Here's an interesting little thought experiment:  suppose that Comey came out tomorrow and said that the FBI was still investigating Trump's connections to the Russian oligarchs, and that they had just recovered a treasure trove of emails from a secret Trump Organization server.

Who here would be lauding Mr. Comey for getting information out to the voters so they can consider it, and who here would be lambasting him for trying to steal the election from Trump by rigging the system against Trump?

That's a rhetorical question, BTW, because we all know what the answer is.

Offline skeeter

There is no information. There is only speculation.

You are doing it again.  You are saying Comey is rushing to get information out to derail a Clinton presidency.

Do you not see this?

All I can see is you taking the Clinton line of defense.

She is awash in scandal.

Is your hate for Trump that strong?

Oceander

Try reading the Hatch Act a little more carefully.  It is fairly blunt on this point, and disclosing information acquired during an investigation in this manner can only have been done in order to influence the election - even if there were other, nobler, motives - and is a violation of the Hatch Act.

Change the name from Clinton to Trump, and then tell me what you think of it.

Offline skeeter

Here's an interesting little thought experiment:  suppose that Comey came out tomorrow and said that the FBI was still investigating Trump's connections to the Russian oligarchs, and that they had just recovered a treasure trove of emails from a secret Trump Organization server.

Who here would be lauding Mr. Comey for getting information out to the voters so they can consider it, and who here would be lambasting him for trying to steal the election from Trump by rigging the system against Trump?

That's a rhetorical question, BTW, because we all know what the answer is.

You guys are too much.

Peace out.

Oceander

She is awash in scandal.

He is not taking Clinton's side, he's taking the side of federal law, and therefore, by implication, the U.S. Constitution.  I thought we were all supposed to be constitutionalists here.  Apparently that only applies when you can use it as a weapon against a democrat, but doesn't apply when ignoring the Constitution favors your guy.

Oceander

You guys are too much.

Peace out.

And that's a cop out.  Let's make it non-rhetorical:  would you be praising Comey and defending him quite so strongly if he had come out and said that they were investigating Trump for possible connections to Epstein and sex with underage girls?

Offline sinkspur

She is awash in scandal.

Now you're off into ad hominems.

It is not the job of the FBI director to speculate on Hillary's scandals, which is what he did by writing that letter last Friday.  He had not read the emails and did not know whether there was anything in them or not.

I don't like Hillary or Trump.  But I object strongly to a federal agency which can jail you for lying to them leaking stuff that may or may not have any relation to anything in a blatant effort to derail one candidate.

If it can happen to one candidate, it can happen to the other candidate.  And you should be appalled by that.

Offline kartographer

Exactly. 

If Hillary wins, she will fire Comey, and she should.  He has turned the FBI into a politically-driven agency.

He could just as well have done something like this against Trump.  Comey is more concerned about his own image.

And in his depression from being fired he will drive down to Fort Marcy Park to think things over and then ................
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline montanajoe

Another thought experiment that most sadly know the answer to...

If the choice between the Constitution and honoring traditional Conservative values  or having your Candidate win an election which would you choose....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Exactly. 

If Hillary wins, she will fire Comey, and she should.  He has turned the FBI into a politically-driven agency.

He could just as well have done something like this against Trump.  Comey is more concerned about his own image.
The FBI a politically-driven agency? Wow, like that isn't embedded in it's history, J. Edgar Hoover, anyone? :whistle:

Offline aligncare

She is awash in scandal.

The lightbulb switches on for yet another republican voter. Welcome home! Welcome to our world of political sanity.

#NeverHillary

Offline Blizzardnh

:beer:
You're an Leftist hack. Remember the Caspar Weinberger indictment?

Comey is actually investigating a long time criminal. Just because there is an election he is supposed to stop justice? Bullshit.
:beer:

Offline aligncare

One other point. First, I'll steady myself and try to say this without directly insulting any members here.

#NeverTrump has been a destructive force in the Republican Party. It has given aid and comfort to the 'rats and Hillary Clinton. You can deny it all day long #NeverTrump, but that's exactly what it does – lessens Hillary's load.

Naturally we expect Democrats every election to be NeverRepublican. But, in this year of Her Heinous, for some "republicans" to mobilize in an effort to stop the republican nominee and, however tangentially, help the Democrats to win the presidency, after eight years of Obama, is simply unacceptable. I will never forgive #NeverTrump. Even if Donald Trump wins.

Now, before anger gets the best of me I'll leave it there.

Offline jpsb

You're an Leftist hack. Remember the Caspar Weinberger indictment?

Worse actually, with enough citizens like him the rule of law will not survive.

We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hillary destroyed evidence after it was subpoenaed by Congress. That is a felony.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Another thought experiment that most sadly know the answer to...

If the choice between the Constitution and honoring traditional Conservative values  or having your Candidate win an election which would you choose....

@montanajoe

I want traditional American conservative values to win.  I want America to be great.  The question is how.

One person sitting by themselves proclaiming pure conservative values won't accomplish anything.  We have to win the little battles, beat back our enemies who have been teaching their leftist values to every child in this country for decades.  They've controlled the schools.  You expect people to accept conservative values as better when they've been  taught the opposite.

I would love a better Republican candidate.  One who is conservative.

We don't have one on the ballot.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Worse actually, with enough citizens like him the rule of law will not survive.

We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hillary destroyed evidence after it was subpoenaed by Congress. That is a felony.

@jpsb

Having the server is a felony.  Sending govt data over it is a felony.  Sending secret data over it is a felony.  Most other people would probably have espionage charges thrown on top.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline montanajoe

@montanajoe

I want traditional American conservative values to win.  I want America to be great.  The question is how.

One person sitting by themselves proclaiming pure conservative values won't accomplish anything.  We have to win the little battles, beat back our enemies who have been teaching their leftist values to every child in this country for decades.  They've controlled the schools.  You expect people to accept conservative values as better when they've been  taught the opposite.

I would love a better Republican candidate.  One who is conservative.

We don't have one on the ballot.

I and the family have all ready voted for neither of the liberals running this year and I feel good about it and I can face my kids. Your vote is your's and I don't presume to tell you how to cast it. I will say, good luck with hoping there will be a conservative running next time....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:11:38 pm by montanajoe »

Offline skeeter

The lightbulb switches on for yet another republican voter. Welcome home! Welcome to our world of political sanity.

#NeverHillary

My thought process hasn't changed an iota.

Is it possible for you to avoid being offensive?