Author Topic: Castro brothers to storm battleground states for Clinton  (Read 1308 times)

Offline corbe

Castro brothers to storm battleground states for Clinton
« on: November 03, 2016, 11:22:35 pm »

Castro brothers to storm battleground states for Clinton

Beginning Thursday, two of the state's most prominent Democrats will campaign for Hillary Clinton in Nevada, Colorado, Ohio, Iowa and Texas. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11/02/castro-brothers-storm-battleground-states-clinton/

by Abby Livingston  Nov. 2, 2016  10:05 PM 

HUD Secretary Julián Castro, left, and his twin brother, U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, attend a Day of Action on Oct. 29, 2016, at the Travis County Democratic Party headquarters in Austin. HUD Secretary Julián Castro, left, and his twin brother, U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, attend a Day of Action on Oct. 29, 2016, at the Travis County Democratic Party headquarters in Austin.

WASHINGTON — Two of Texas' most notable Democrats, the Castro brothers, will spend the final weekend before Election Day barnstorming the country for their party's nominee, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

From Thursday through Election Day, Julián Castro, the U.S. secretary of Housing and Urban Development, and Joaquin Castro, a congressman from San Antonio, will stump for Clinton in Nevada, Colorado, Iowa and Ohio, then finish their trip at a state party event in Houston.
Julián Castro told The Texas Tribune in an interview that the pitch for Clinton would be about experience.

"She has been overwhelmingly supported by people across the political spectrum because people realize that in an unprecedented way, the choice is very clear in this election between Hillary Clinton, who is very qualified and ready to be president and wants opportunity for everyone, and Donald Trump, who even many Republicans recognize is not qualified to be president and who wants to pick and choose who gets opportunity in this country," he said.

Clinton was said to have seriously considered Julián Castro to be her running mate before ultimately opting for U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, a Virginia Democrat.

The Castros make up one of the most prominent Latino brands in American politics and will likely target a crucial voting bloc in Colorado and Nevada: Hispanic voters. But they will also be pitching Clinton in two mostly white states, Iowa and Ohio.

They were early Clinton backers and prominent on the campaign trail throughout her primary campaign.

The brothers spent recent days barnstorming their home state to boost Clinton's numbers — which polls show are closer than normal in a Texas presidential contest — and to help down-ballot candidates.

Julián Castro said he was "very encouraged" with the response and the early vote returns, adding that he sensed strong Democratic enthusiasm in the state.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Castro brothers to storm battleground states for Clinton
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:37:45 pm »
Oh those guys. :laugh: I didn't think Fidel and Raul were up to the task.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Re: Castro brothers to storm battleground states for Clinton
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 11:41:36 pm »
I had the same thought.....
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.