Author Topic: The Three Big Reasons That Recreational Pot Will Be Legalized November 7th.  (Read 2938 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Reason #1 -  Money
Reason #2 -  Mo' Money.
Reason #3 -  Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

The gummint has been gaping at all of the billions in cash that the drug cartels are raking in and thinking "MY GOD!! We could be raking in all of that cash!!"

Once the Eightball Obama administration set the tone for the nation to start considering laws and rules to be merely advice it was all over. No federal law or international treaty against legalizing schedule 1 narcotics would stop the avaricious 'Crat swine who run California's government from reaching out and taking all of that money.

No admonitions from scientific experts (God, how I hate that term) that it is IMPOSSIBLE to set a "safe blood level for THC metabolites" because it is not like alcohol, but is a PSYCHOTROPIC substance with unpredictable effects that vary wildly from person-to-person, because of an almost inconceivably complex synergy of interactions between various brain centers when THC hits the neurons.

The gummint hears that argument and respond, " Well, yeah - more innocent people will die in pot-related auto-accidents, but LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY WE COULD BE RAKING IN FROM LEGALIZING POT!!!" They then set an absolutely capricious, scientifically meaningless, wholly and completely arbitrary standard for "acceptable THC blood level", add it to the DMV code and forget about it. End of discussion.

The gummint hears scientific experts testify that the L-Dopamine pathways of pre-adolescents can be permanently altered (damaged) by pot use. Other experts testified that pre adolescent and young teen use of pot will ABSOLUTELY GO UP SIGNIFICANTLY if pot is legalized for recreational use. And they respond, "Well, yeah! Countless thousands of young people will become abusers and their minds will be damaged permanently from making recreational pot legal, but LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY WE COULD BE RAKING IN BY LEGALIZING POT!!!" So the politicians pat themselves on the backs for having "studies" done, toss them in the dumpsters labeled "needing further study" and move on without taking any action whatsoever based on those studies. End of discussion.

That is one of the areas where leftists and NWO RINO greenhead types come together. When there is a lot of money to be harvested from the "little people" NOTHING will get in the way of extracting it and depositing it in the pockets of the gummint. NOTHING!!! If people have to die and be permanently brain damaged, so be it.

That is why God may withdraw His benevolent protection from the United States of America. We are collectively turning our backs on reason and becoming more like animals every day. We obey our feelings and instincts instead of our higher nature. Soon we will mostly be a population of animals who wear clothing and use spoken language and little more.

Convenience and Fun will replace Mutual Respect and Wisdom as the central pillars of our culture. And so we will likely suffer the fate of Tolkien's mythical Westernesse - be utterly destroyed by our own hand. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:50:23 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What better way to control people then keep them high or drunk.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

The Chinese found that out the hard way with the Opium Dens.

Offline aligncare

Well that OP certainly cheered up my day.

Offline LateForLunch

Yeah, that is the trend for sure - away from government administrating the best interests of the People with informed, responsible leadership and moving instead toward government controlling the People.

If Hill-O-Lies is elected, that movement will go into overdrive utilizing the high technology now available to make the German SS and the Soviet KGB's techniques for spying on and oppressing the People look like amateurs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:02:21 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline aligncare

You seem to be a little fuzzy on your facts. The consensus around here is that there is no difference between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Besides, that comment is off-topic; an admonition selectively used around here against anyone that veers off topic or suggests that a vote for Donald Trump is better than a vote for Hillary Clinton.

You've been warned... :laugh:

Offline aligncare

Darn it! I forgot to mention that Donald Trump doesn't smoke, drink, or use drugs.

But in the world of hating Donny, that little tidbit of information is meaningless.

Oh, also, Donald Trump is noted for speed golf. Whereas Barack Hussein Obama took hours to play 18 holes, Donald Trump gets 'er done in about an hour and a half, maybe two.

By the way, for an amateur, Donald Trump is pretty darn good at hitting that little white ball around the greens.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 03:11:26 pm by aligncare »

Offline LateForLunch

Well that OP certainly cheered up my day.

My ex-wife used to call me Little Mister Sunshine. She also once said with a perfectly straight face, "Late, you are a veritable fountain of inutile information."

The good news is that there is already massive recreational use in California so a lot of people will already have experience driving while high.

The other good news is that there will be an immediate turf-war between legal and black-market pot sellers which will likely end up elevating the violent crime rate in California which will blow-back as bad mojo on to the leftists who have a vise-like strangle-hold on government.

Who knows? This could be part of a larger trend that actually sends California voters running back into the arms of a more-conservative political mood as happened with Ronald Reagan when the Golden State voters got sick and tired of the 'Crats running the state into the ground back in the 70s.

Also this will likely cause such a tangled legal mess for companies which require drug-use screening, that the actually process of enacting the law may be held up for years in court.

What for instance, does a company which markets security officers who are free of drug use to their clients do when they are sued by people turned down for employment because they failed a drug screen?

It will be enormously entertaining if nothing else.

Offline aligncare

I lived in California for 20 years beginning in 1972 when I got back from Vietnam. God, I love that state for its natural beauty, Northern California, Sacramento River, Mount Shasta, Mount Lassen. I'd love to go back, but what conservative would deliberately move back to communist one-party state?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

California Ping

Please click here to be added to or removed from the California Ping List.  ^-^

If you post an article here, please send me a mention: @Machiavelli

@American Patriot @bootless @flowers @Ginger Republic @GtHawk

@Half Vast Conspiracy @Machiavelli @Meshuge Mikey @Mr McBeevee @pogo101

@skeeter @SZonian @The Jackal @To-Whose-Benefit? @truth_seeker

geronl

because people are stupid, much dumber than they used to be

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
If Prop 64 passes, what happens to prisoners convicted of marijuana charges?
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
If Prop 64 passes, what happens to prisoners convicted of marijuana charges?

Brooke Edwards Staggs
Orange County Register
November 4, 2016

Though his fate will hang in the balance on Election Day, Corvain Cooper won’t get to cast a ballot.

The 37-year-old will be in a cell in central California’s Atwater federal prison, where he’s serving a life sentence with no chance of parole for convictions involving marijuana.

“I was placed in a federal prison at its highest level, with felons who all committed acts of violence,” the Los Angeles native said in a series of monitored emails sent from prison.

“Yet they all have release dates.”

Soon, Cooper could too.

Though most of the attention surrounding Proposition 64 centers on how the measure would make it legal for adults to consume recreational marijuana, the law would do something else: potentially reduce prison sentences and clear old criminal records related to marijuana.

Cooper is one of more than 6,000 people serving time who could potentially have their time behind bars shortened or even go free if Prop. 64 passes on Tuesday, according to an estimate by the Drug Policy Alliance, which is funding the measure.
More

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Legalize it and tax the shit out of it.