Author Topic: Why Men Are Remaining Single  (Read 19090 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Why Men Are Remaining Single
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2016, 06:47:13 pm »
Can we just all get a crowdfunding going to get a bus ticket for J Myrle to go to Philthy to meet up with Bunny already? If 8 pages of Dr Phil advice isn't going to put this thread to bed, it's time to change directions.

I offer $4.38 for the opening pledge.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »
Can we just all get a crowdfunding going to get a bus ticket for J Myrle to go to Philthy to meet up with Bunny already? If 8 pages of Dr Phil advice isn't going to put this thread to bed, it's time to change directions.

I offer $4.38 for the opening pledge.

****slapping   :chairbang: :silly:
Told you, I prefer the single life. I'm too misanthropic for anything else. I just find this stuff interesting.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:49:57 pm by Bunny Watson »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2016, 06:52:09 pm »
Well, how do you end up out of it, without actual reason to not believe what you've already experienced?

And

That just seems like a recipe for complacency.
There are already at least three people on this thread who are over 40 and are still single, which tells me that none of this is sure to work. That's not acceptable to me. 

You want a reason to believe things will get better?  Then change what you've been doing.

Hit the gym.  Go religiously, absolute minimum 3 times times/week, for an hour/hour and a half.  Ask for trainer or someone to get you started.  Tell them your primary goals are putting on muscle and feeling better.

Weight lifting increases your body's production of testosterone, which alone will elevate your mood.  It is literally a "good drug".  You will feel better, look better, and obsess less on looking for a woman to complete your life.

And then...that boost in self-confidence, and loss of look of desperation, will change your ability to meet and interact better with women.  If you are willing to put in the work/effort for six months, I guarantee your outlook will change.

No quitting, no excuses.  You have nothing to lose, right?

My parents were in their early 20s when they married. This is extremely discouraging. I'm already too old for this.

Oh hell, i was married at 34, and have two fantastic kids.  Didn't even meet my wife until i was 32.

Also...the bane of some guys in your shoes is setting your sights to high.  Forget the 9's and 10's.  Might want to wait on the 7's and 8's, too.  At least until you get some more confidence/experience.  Plenty of very nice, lonely girls out there looking for a good guy who cares about more than looks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:07:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »
Also, remember - big girls need lovin' too.  Amirite, @Frank Cannon ?

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
I mean, getting back to the original article, if the fact that thousands of men would go online and admit they're too lazy to bother, that's a pretty damning statement about the average young man, isn't it?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »

****slapping   :chairbang: :silly:
Told you, I prefer the single life. I'm too misanthropic for anything else. I just find this stuff interesting.

Listen. I'll hire a Huntingdon train station hooker to pose as you just so this thread can be wrapped up.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2016, 07:05:54 pm »
Listen. I'll hire a Huntingdon train station hooker to pose as you just so this thread can be wrapped up.

Hence the $4.38...

Oceander

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2016, 07:06:52 pm »
And

Hit the gym.  Go religiously, absolute minimum 3 times times/week, for an hour/hour and a half.  Ask for trainer or someone to get you started.  Tell them your primary goals are putting on muscle and feeling better.

Weight lifting increases your body's production of testosterone, which alone will elevate your mood.  It is literally a "good drug".  You will feel better, look better, and obsess less on looking for a woman to complete your life.

And then...that boost in self-confidence, and loss of look of desperation, will change your ability to meet and interact better with women.  If you are willing to put in the work/effort for six months, I guarantee your outlook will change.

No quitting, no excuses.  You have nothing to lose, right?

Oh hell, i was married at 34, and have two fantastic kids.  Didn't even meet my wife until i was 32.

Also...the bane of some guys in your shoes is setting your sights to high.  Forget the 9's and 10's.  Might want to wait on the 7's and 8's, too.  At least until you get some more confidence/experience.  Plenty of very nice, lonely girls out there looking for a good guy who cares about more than looks.

Absolutely!!!   Don't obsess on the age thing.  I met my wife when I was 34, got married when I was 35, and was 36 when my daughter was born.  And, at the risk of getting into trouble, my wife was older than me, so (a) don't limit yourself only to women who are younger than you, and (b) to the ladies, don't think you're stuck with the dirty older men. 

The best piece of advice is to stop obsessing over finding someone, and stop being depressed over not having someone.  Those two attitudes are extremely off-putting.  In fact, I would recommend that you do some training dates.  Try out a speed-dating group.  There's no big commitment of time, energy, money, or emotion; there's just going in there with the idea that you'll have some fun, you'll meet a bunch of like-minded people, if none of them clicks, you haven't lost much and there's always the next speed-dating event, and, best of all, you never know when you might bump into just that right person.  And broaden your range when you're practice dating; don't get too hung up on the composition of the event: If you go to only an event for say Catholics over 20 and under 25, you won't find many events, you won't find many people, and the ones you do find will be a little too picky and desperate.  Obviously, you're not going to go to a gay speed dating event, but so long as it's a mix of heterosexual men and women plus or minus 10 years your age, you can have fun and get in some basic practice on how to meet people and get a conversation started all without having to worry whether she's interested in talking at all - she wouldn't be there otherwise - or whether she's got a 6 foot 300 pound boyfriend who's intensely jealous and is just coming back from the restroom. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2016, 07:20:09 pm »
Hence the $4.38...

I like to set budgets. That's my all in number.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2016, 07:22:07 pm »
We all need and deserve to be with whomever makes us happy.

If a guy is 60 and goes out with a 20 year old, as long as they're both happy, then fine.

Same thing if a woman is 60 and a dude is 20 more power to them.

I don't have a problem if it's two people of the same sex either. We all should be with who makes us happy, period.

Same thing if someone is alone...

Online DB

« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2016, 07:22:16 pm »
Also, remember - big girls need lovin' too.  Amirite, @Frank Cannon ?

We're not revisiting that "women of substance" thing again are we?

Offline thackney

« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2016, 08:38:22 pm »
Not necessarily.  I told my kids that we'll pay for their education so that they can get good, high-paying jobs so that we can mooch of off them in our later years.

How's that working out for you so far?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2016, 08:41:09 pm »
I'll say this though for any guy looking for a woman today, make sure she has these qualities:

1. She's got your back - too many women today want a lifestyle, not a man. If she can't be there for you when you're down, dump her and now. That also means if times get tough, she's got real world skills to make it. You don't need any pampered princesses.

2. She can be content - Alot of women today are looking for the best deal they can get. You don't want to be a step ladder. Women who are never, ever happy and always looking around for the next thing to occupy them need not be on your short list of dating and marrying.

3. She needs to dump her BOS - That would be the Bag Of S***. Everyone goes through hard times,  hard relationships, and bad personal experiences. In our narcissistic emotive society, feminism teaches women to hold on to and resent every last real or perceived bad thing men have done to them for eternity. If she can't move on, you should move on.

4. She can be an individual - Alot of women pick their men to impress their girlfriends. In fact about everything they do is to impress their girlfriends. If her gaggle of friends seem to consume her world, stay out of her world.

5. Children aren't human shields - Alot of women, especially single moms, use the kids as leverage over you to rule the roost. This is a tough one because you won't know after the kids happen, but look at her close female relatives. If the women are kid obsessed and helicopter parents, you might want to rethink things.

6. She holds herself to the same standard - Too many women today listen to this passive-aggressive feminist crap. Basically I can do as I please, and no man can tell me nothing, but I will tell my man exactly what he needs to be doing and make sure he tows the line. Zero tolerance for sexist hypocrisy.

7. No passive-aggressive and narcissistic emoting - Again, feminism teaches women to be these creatures of self-absorbed, feral, superstitious voodoo priestesses, full of feelings and perceptions and intuition, 24/7. Those same women will always be ambushing and lashing out at you with sarcasm and other P-A tactics for no good reason every time she perceives you've disappointed her. If she can't be logical and objective at least half the time, tell her to go make pottery or a peace collage or something. That and buy some cats. Someone who is completely subjective in their world view will never be a stable person to be with.

8. She can back down - Today's feminism teaches women are never wrong no matter what. If she can't check herself and her behavior, drop it like it's hot. Conversely, too many women have this 'you need to accept me for who I am and live with my crazy'. No sweetie, you need to grow up, up your game, and quit being lazy.

Beyond that, my advice is don't give a crap. Be into your family, friends, and career. If women come along, be nice, but don't be a nice guy. Make sure they understand you got your crap together, and you have standards, and they will meet them or hit the road. Women do that crap to guys all the time, it's time turn the tables.

Women need to know you're serious and you ain't there to be their prince charming.  They have gotten lazy because guys have become pushovers who will do anything for them, but don't ask that they hold up their side of the bargain. If you die single, so be it, better than being with a miserable witch, or getting cheated on.

Great advice for the future husband planning to hold himself to the same standard.  Without that plan, it ain't worth squat.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:45:25 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2016, 01:38:52 am »
Bunnies are known for... uhh....  :pondering:

Never mind.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2016, 02:18:04 am »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2016, 06:54:33 pm »
Exhibit A why young men want nothing to do with much of today's  female population.

Wingnut

« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2016, 06:57:17 pm »
Exhibit A why young men want nothing to do with much of today's  female population.

I want a chromosome test to confirm that group is in fact female
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:57:35 pm by Wingnut »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »
Looks like Dunham has a dick hanging out of her mouth.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »
Caught my 4 sisters talking about getting me a wife today.

They have some very different ideas and so do I.

Wingnut

« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2016, 09:36:47 pm »
Caught my 4 sisters talking about getting me a wife today.

They have some very different ideas and so do I.

Sisters.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2016, 01:23:03 am »

*shudders* Thankfully, H**** T***** didn't live to see this or I might be even more scarred. (DON'T GET ANY IDEAS!)

I'm not gonna lie, though—I was looking at some of the reaction shots from the Hillary camp, and there were quite a few fine-looking dames in those crowds. It's a shame they had the beauty, but no brains (I might forgive them if the only reason they were supporting Hillary was because Trump's a misogynist pig; that's understandable).

But this batch of propagandists? No. *shudders again*
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:23:47 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2016, 01:39:53 am »

Marriage can be a very dangerous legally binding contract. Not something to be taken lightly.

And the more you have, the more you have to risk. I've seen people crushed by getting married. They lost virtually everything.

Get married if you want. But my God, please be very, very, careful.

There is an old movie quote about marriage. Some guy says, "If I wanted to get married I would just skip to the end. I'll find some woman who I absolutely HATE, and give her half of all my stuff."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.