Author Topic: Why Men Are Remaining Single  (Read 19093 times)

Offline mirraflake

Why Men Are Remaining Single
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:59:16 pm »
Most admit they are lazy at finding a mate and don't want to put in the time -in a nutshell.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3892888/Because-m-selfish-Men-reveal-REAL-reasons-ve-stayed-single.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:01:20 pm by mirraflake »

Online roamer_1

Re: Why Men Are Remaining Single
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:15:21 pm »
Most admit they are lazy at finding a mate and don't want to put in the time -in a nutshell.

You can keep 'em.
I'm holding out for a

Shoulda done so the first time around.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 08:30:54 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3892888/Because-m-selfish-Men-reveal-REAL-reasons-ve-stayed-single.html

Why get married when theres only a downside for men.   Younger women have become so entitled and promiscuous that my sons (19 and 24) aren't interested in most. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
Why get married when theres only a downside for men.   Younger women have become so entitled and promiscuous that my sons (19 and 24) aren't interested in most.

My wife started tallying the number of young women she is associated with in her work that have been arrested for DWI. She came up with four names.

I don't know what young men are doing while all this drinking is going on - prolly playing video games.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:51:09 pm »
My wife started tallying the number of young women she is associated with in her work that have been arrested for DWI. She came up with four names.

I don't know what young men are doing while all this drinking is going on - prolly playing video games.

My son's go to college, play hockey and hang out with their friends. Mostly guys who in similar activities
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:52:52 pm »
My son's go to college, play hockey and hang out with their friends. Mostly guys who in similar activities

My son finished college and got married. But he still plays a helluva lotta video games.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 09:37:43 pm »
If you date a woman who had  a bedroom like this growing up..run like the wind. princess entitlement is strong with these.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:38:42 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »

Young boys too.  Spoiled rotton brats of both sexes are plenty

@driftdiver

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 09:45:24 pm »
Well, I musta done something wrong.  My sons are married to very nice women. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 10:22:26 pm »

Of course a women's column would call men lazy.

The fact is, when a man makes a huge emotional investment in a woman only to basically be given the friend zone treatment (or worse), over and over again, it makes a man feel subhuman and not want to do it anymore. Women of my generation are cruel.

Plus, when you get over a certain age—and that age is much younger than most people realize, try 22—the best women are already off the market. If you're 30 and still looking, you're going to have to either settle for less than you deserve (and even then you'll need a lot of luck to find that) or be alone for the rest of your life.

I have grown to totally hate the romantic process. I'm sick of the excuses I get for getting rejected. The outright lies (a woman once told me she planned on being alone the rest of her life, only to bring her new boyfriend into my place of work for her first date). The utter lack of respect for a man's needs, even when I strain and strive to meet my potential partners. The constant insinuation that I'm sexually harassing a woman when I try, and lazy when I don't.

I want desperately to be loved in return and to have a basic companionship. I pray to God daily for it. I've tried every person in a 10-mile radius, every one either didn't meet my relatively low standards or rejected me. I tried online dating, got no responses, and when I made the first move I repeatedly got ignored or got the excuse that "you live too far away" even when it was less than 100 miles and I was willing to do all the traveling.

I've basically come to the conclusion that I'm never going to have it. I beg of someone to prove me wrong on this.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:27:57 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:25 pm »

The quality of calls girls have increased greatly over the last 20 years.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 10:28:13 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 11:10:07 pm »

I'm thinking she's not interested in men anyway.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 11:25:38 pm »

And then there's that. *shudders*

There's Eurotrash, and then there's Euro trash!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 11:26:01 pm »

The fact is, when a man makes a huge emotional investment in a woman only to basically be given the friend zone treatment (or worse), over and over again, it makes a man feel subhuman and not want to do it anymore. Women of my generation are cruel.

Plus, when you get over a certain age—and that age is much younger than most people realize, try 22—the best women are already off the market. If you're 30 and still looking, you're going to have to either settle for less than you deserve (and even then you'll need a lot of luck to find that) or be alone for the rest of your life.

I have grown to totally hate the romantic process. I'm sick of the excuses I get for getting rejected. The outright lies (a woman once told me she planned on being alone the rest of her life, only to bring her new boyfriend into my place of work for her first date). The utter lack of respect for a man's needs, even when I strain and strive to meet my potential partners. The constant insinuation that I'm sexually harassing a woman when I try, and lazy when I don't.

I want desperately to be loved in return and to have a basic companionship. I pray to God daily for it. I've tried every person in a 10-mile radius, every one either didn't meet my relatively low standards or rejected me. I tried online dating, got no responses, and when I made the first move I repeatedly got ignored or got the excuse that "you live too far away" even when it was less than 100 miles and I was willing to do all the traveling.

I've basically come to the conclusion that I'm never going to have it. I beg of someone to prove me wrong on this.

@jmyrlefuller, men have been saying that kind of stuff for a long time.  Go brush up on your Shakespeare if you think it's a recent phenomenon.  Or John Donne, or Byron or Burns.

One thing that is a recent occurrence though it the fact that women, and men, don't feel the need to get married.  It's an option and one that they have seen cause a lot of turmoil and pain.

I suspect you're a fairly intense guy.  Women don't want that at first.  That can be intimidating. Girls just wanna have fun - to start with.  Now, if after some time it develops into something else - well that's a good thing, but keep it light and fun until then.

OK, off my

And, if you're 30 and still looking - so what?  In this day and age that means very little.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
Well, I musta done something wrong.  My sons are married to very nice women.

I too am married to a very nice lady. She's everything to me. I can't imagine life without her.  ^-^

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:11 pm »
I too am married to a very nice lady. She's everything to me. I can't imagine life without her.  ^-^

It's a blessing indeed.

I'm a widow, so I've seen both sides.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:37:46 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:10 pm »

They're drinking too.

Why buy the cow when you can get all the milk you want?

Especially when a couple of kids come along and she dumps you and takes half, along with alimony. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 11:38:12 pm »
BTW, why is this thread only about men remaining single?  What about women?
Cause we KNOW why woman remain single. They have to put up with us guys. The mystery is why they put up with us. :pondering:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 11:41:08 pm »
I'm a widow and plan on staying a widow.  Yet no one cares why.  LOL.

Yeah, what's up with that!?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 11:41:38 pm »
Church?  Have you tried getting involved in a large church where you can meet a different type of woman?

Church? He isn't going to find any party chicks there.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

You're desperate and it shows.  Why not just be yourself and stop being on the hunt all the time.  I was 30 when I married and I just met my wife through work, very naturally.  There's a woman out there for you, but you're going to scare her off if you come across to her like you have in this post.

Relax and stop trying so hard.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:42:17 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 11:42:18 pm »
Church? He isn't going to find any party chicks there.

And, you know that how?

:laugh:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 11:44:18 pm »
Its self explanatory.

Online roamer_1