Author Topic: Gary Johnson May Win New Mexico, Which Would Keep both Trump and Clinton from Victory  (Read 3494 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's what I'm hoping for: native sons McMullin and Johnson pick off the 11 EV's in their home state, Trump makes just enough of a comeback to split the rest with Clinton and the election goes to the House.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

That's what I'm hoping for: native sons McMullin and Johnson pick off the 11 EV's in their home state, Trump makes just enough of a comeback to split the rest with Clinton and the election goes to the House.

That just gives it to Trump, as the GOP members will vote for their own candidate.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"The poll boosts Johnson's argument that he his campaign has achieved the necessary 15% threshold necessary to take part in the two two remaining presidential debates."

He his campaign has achieved the necessary 15% threshold necessary to take part in the two two what???

Only about four mistakes I can find in that sentence.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

That just gives it to Trump, as the GOP members will vote for their own candidate.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Trump is very unpopular with Congress.  Depending on who has the most electoral votes they just may give it to McMullin or Johnson.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

I wouldn't be so sure.  Trump is very unpopular with Congress.  Depending on who has the most electoral votes they just may give it to McMullin or Johnson.

My guess it will go it McMullin if it comes down between those two candidates.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline corbe

You people are underestimating Hillary, again.

She'll get 300+ EV's, the House will do nothing but cry, as usual.

Trump has managed to pi$$ off both the Cubans and the Hispanics, (not to mention the women), no way he wins Florida.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Trump has managed to pi$$ off both the Cubans and the Hispanics, (not to mention the women), no way he wins Florida.

Yup, Clinton won this race back in June.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

A guy can dream, though, can't he?

Offline corbe

A guy can dream, though, can't he?

Absolutely!   I dream often, it usually involves my Avatar.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

even if indies win Utah and New Mexico, I think Hillary still wins by a lot

Online kevindavis007

even if indies win Utah and New Mexico, I think Hillary still wins by a lot

Lets say the chance of the election going to the house went from 5% to 20%..

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

An unlikely scenario ... but I love it. !!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline kartographer

An unlikely scenario ... but I love it. !!

I may change my mind and vote and vote for Johnson. Hopefully the House would then give it to Mike Pence!!! I can live with that!!!!  888high58888
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
NM is too divided on party lines and I highly doubt this, I don't think GJ gets more than 15%, even 20% wouldn't win it.

Online kevindavis007

NM is too divided on party lines and I highly doubt this, I don't think GJ gets more than 15%, even 20% wouldn't win it.

Right...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Johnson's also a native son who governed the state (to mostly positive reviews) and has the name recognition there. It's his best chance at winning a state now that McMullin has pretty much cornered Utah.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@HonestJohn

Are you kidding? They would probably decide to give it to JEB.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Not a chance they are going to give it to an outsider. They would call for a special election before they would do that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Gary Johnson May Win New Mexico, Which Would Keep both Trump and Clinton from Victory"

Wrong.

New Mexico is now a "white minority" state that has been tipping ever-leftward for several election cycles.

I would have expected it to "go blue" November 8, with clinton winning.
I believe Trump's pathway to victory didn't include it (would be a welcome win, of course, but not part of the plan).

If Johnson wins it, it hurts clinton -- and HELPS Trump.

Offline corbe

Title:
"Gary Johnson May Win New Mexico, Which Would Keep both Trump and Clinton from Victory"

Wrong.

New Mexico is now a "white minority" state that has been tipping ever-leftward for several election cycles.

I believe Trump's pathway to victory didn't include it (would be a welcome win, of course, but not part of the plan).

And right next door, Arizona was never suppose to be in Play, of course nor was Georgia or Texas, those 3 states HELP Clinton, not Trump.

Offline Longmire

Title:

Wrong.

goopo

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

@HonestJohn

Are you kidding? They would probably decide to give it to JEB.

No way enough electors would be unfaithful and vote for him or Pence.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

Could be the case, but it would be fun to watch.
At this point, I'm in favor of anything that keeps Clinton out.