Author Topic: University of Texas issues 29-point checklist on offensive Halloween costumes  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Even themes approved by school ‘can be carried out incorrectly’

Leave your cowboy boots and Hawaiian leis at home this Halloween unless you want to hear from University of Texas-Austin administrators.

Sorority and Fraternity Life, part of the Office of the Dean of Students, issued its updated “costume and theme resource guide” last week, instructing UT Greeks to avoid Halloween party costumes and themes that may “appropriate another culture or experience.”

It’s one of many school-sponsored guides or checklists recently given to the nation’s college students, particularly members of fraternities and sororities, telling them what they can and can’t wear in the runup to Halloween....

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29680/

Good grief... :thud:

Offline dfwgator

So I take it going as Charles Whitman will be on the list?

Wingnut

This is TEXAS???? We're doomed. Oh, wait....it's Austin, not Texas.

:tongue2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So I take it going as Charles Whitman will be on the list?

Yeah, like any of the youngsters in college now even know who he was.   **nononono*

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Most Texans I know, including myself, would call this a checklist of what to wear to piss off hippies and SJWs on Halloween.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I was thinking about being a Lumber Jack is that okay?  :laugh:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Wait Wait, redneck/trailer park dwellers are on the list. Hells bells what do they think Texas folk are the other 364 days of the year.  :silly: Just kidding Texans. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

I was thinking about being a Lumber Jack is that okay?  :laugh:

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers
I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars////

Offline r9etb

Even worse: the university paid somebody -- paid numerous somebodies, in fact -- to hold all the meetings to think up, create, edit, polish, and publish this thing.

Is it any wonder college costs are going through the roof?

geronl

The state needs to cut off funds

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The most frightening image I can think of is of Charlie Strong as the five million dollar man.

now that is a great way to waste a lot of taxpayer money.  Should scare anyone to see it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Joe Wooten

PC crapola like this was the reason I quit the alumni association 20 years ago and refuse all attempts to re-join.

Offline r9etb

PC crapola like this was the reason I quit the alumni association 20 years ago and refuse all attempts to re-join.

OTOH, PC crapola like this is part of the reason Hillary Clinton lost the election.  Rational people are sick of it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
OTOH, PC crapola like this is part of the reason Hillary Clinton lost the election.  Rational people are sick of it.

Good point.