Author Topic: Amb. Stevens’s Deputy in Libya: Washington Did Not Ensure We Had Ability to Protect Ourselves  (Read 967 times)

rangerrebew

Amb. Stevens’s Deputy in Libya: Washington Did Not Ensure We Had Ability to Protect Ourselves

(CNSNews.com) - The State Department’s second-ranking diplomat in Libya on the day that terrorists attacked the U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods says a key lesson Americans should take from that event is that officials in Washington, D.C. have a responsibility to make sure Americans serving their country abroad have the ability to protect themselves.

“That did not happen in Benghazi,” says Gregory Hicks, who was the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli on Sept. 11, 2012.

“I think, first, that I hope that the American people will appreciate the risks that diplomats and intelligence officers and our military personnel take to protect and preserve our democracy and our way of life,” Hicks said in an interview with CNSNews.com.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/amb-stevenss-deputy-libya-washington-did-not-ensure-we-had-ability

Offline jpsb

Hillary incompetence as illustrated at Benghazi and the cover up afterwards, should on it own end her political career.  It boggles the mind that so called conservatives are helping her get elected.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
To quote our next President:

"What difference does it make?"

geronl

embassies are not military bases

none of them have the ability to defend themselves