Author Topic: Trump Has Given Up  (Read 1845 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Has Given Up
« on: October 23, 2016, 01:30:17 am »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-has-given-up/article/2005032#.WAwKJ31rkJU.twitter

Trump Has Given Up

8:00 PM, OCT 22, 2016 |
By MICHAEL WARREN

Donald Trump believes he has lost the presidential election. That's the only reasonable explanation for the Republican nominee's decision on Saturday in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to reiterate his claim that the more than 10 women who have accused Trump of past acts of sexual assault are liars. Trump also said he would sue them.

"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," Trump said at the beginning of his speech near the site of the consequential Civil War battle. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."

There are 17 days left before Election Day. Millions of Americans have already begun casting their ballots via early voting. Trump may be an unconventional presidential candidate, and he's particularly prickly at perceived affronts to his reputation, but a statement like Trump's in Gettysburg is not one of a man who believes he has a chance of winning. It's an act of resignation. Even the words Trump used—"after the election is over"—indicate he's mentally moved past November 8.

There are plenty of other signs in recent days that Trump knows he won't be the next president of the United States. His talk of a "rigged election" and his refusal to say he'd accept the results if he won sound like efforts to save face ahead of impending defeat. His descent into the darker elements of conspiratorial political rhetoric suggests a fatalism about appealing to anyone beyond a small rump of his support. Those closest to Trump are already preparing for a Hillary Clinton victory: his campaign manager is signaling to future clients that she brought out the best in a bad candidate; his CEO is winking at questions about Trump TV; and his daughter is already starting to try to salvage the family brand.

So when did Trump know? Was it after the debacle of the first debate? Or was it when the Access Hollywood video dropped? Or was it earlier than that—some sign in the polls or in his gut that prompted him to bring on the CEO of the right-wing grievance-mongering Breitbart News, Steve Bannon, to run the final months of his losing campaign Trump's way?

Whenever and whatever the moment, how he's acted since then as the nominee of a major party is political malpractice. If Trump truly cared about stopping Clinton's agenda or helping the Republican party, he'd have followed the example of Bob Dole in 1996 and made every last effort to ensure the GOP retained control of their now very shaky congressional majorities. But he doesn't, and he hasn't. So Republican leaders in the House and Senate might well ask themselves, even at this late hour: If Trump has given up on Trump, isn't it time they did as well?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump Has Given Up
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:35:02 am »
Neo-Con alert, Bill Kristol's publication.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/michael-warren

Offline chae

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 01:37:21 am »
@TomSea

Just go ahead and call him a dirty jew, you know you want to.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 02:04:49 am »
@TomSea

He;s Alt Right. It goes with the territory. He's called everyone Clinton supporters. I imagine if they thought they could get away with blood libel, they'd be throwing that around here as well.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:05:19 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 02:17:07 am »

http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/michael-warren

Unable to argue the merits of the article, @TomSea defaults to the tactic of the desperate -- attack the messenger.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 02:45:21 am »
@TomSea

LOL when I read the comment by @TomSea , first thing that occurred to me was that he forgot to put the name "Bill Krisrol" in triple parentheses.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:45:48 am by LadyLiberty »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 03:16:57 am »
I think the Weekly Standard is ascribing to Trump more intelligence in situational awareness that he has.

Trump is going to be truly surprised election night and the meltdown will be epic...

(Same for his supporters)

I'm looking forward to it  :2popcorn:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 03:33:24 am »

The only people who use the term "neo-cons" are Democrats and Trump supporters.  But I repeat myself.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 03:50:33 am »
The only people who use the term "neo-cons" are Democrats and Trump supporters.  But I repeat myself.

:silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 03:58:02 am »
Trump is going to be truly surprised election night and the meltdown will be epic...

(Same for his supporters)

I don't believe Trump or his campaign will be surprised.  But the meltdown on TOS should definitely be epic.  Idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 04:01:31 am »

yeah this guy is truly presidential material .... COMEDY material!!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

geronl

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 04:04:45 am »
yeah this guy is truly presidential material .... COMEDY material!!!

Trump TV will pound Current TV into the dustbin of... oh right... it will follow Current TV and Al Jaxeera America into forgotten history. I just wonder how much Soros and the other leftists will put into it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:05:12 am by geronl »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 08:54:14 am »
The premise of the article is wrong.

The man has an untreated mental illness that guides his behavior in irrational ways. You can't draw conclusions from his behavior without taking into account that he's mentally ill.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn