Author Topic: Donald Trump’s electoral map looking worse than ‘choke artist’ Mitt Romney’s did in 2012  (Read 1828 times)

Online corbe

Donald Trump’s electoral map looking worse than ‘choke artist’ Mitt Romney’s did in 2012

By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Donald Trump’s electoral map looks worse than Mitt Romney’s did four years ago at this point in the race, upending the billionaire businessman’s claim that his unorthodox appeal would be able to put new states in play for the GOP.

He has done just that — only it’s mostly been in the wrong direction, leaving him struggling to win states that have been deep red for generations.

Political handicappers now say Mr. Trump could end up with fewer electoral college votes than Mr. Romney — who lost to President Obama by a 332-206 margin, and whom Mr. Trump has described as a “stone cold loser” and a “choke artist.”

“There was a lot of bluster from the Trump campaign early on about playing in New York and California, but the reality is much different,” said Nathan Gonzales of the Rothenberg & Gonzales Political Report, a nonpartisan group that tracks elections.

The good news for Mr. Trump is that he appears to be on stronger footing than Mr. Romney was in Iowa and Ohio, according to recent polling averages.

The bad news is he is worse off in Colorado, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Virginia, and also is putting out fires in Georgia and Arizona, which have been GOP strongholds. Even in Utah, one of the most conservative states in the country, GOP domination is threatened by the emergence of third-party candidates.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/19/donald-trumps-electoral-map-looking-worse-than-mit/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump though, is competitive with much better numbers in states Mitt got blown out of,

Illinois, Minnesota, I mean some maps have MN as a swing state, Trump has some competitiveness in many states, even if Trump fails, it does show the GOP does have a chance to get some traction.

Oh, the Trump haters say "populism",  I don't agree with that, and it's difficult to get anything going in the Blue Wall,

NY Michigan and so on.

Again, to be in the game in some states, is amazing to begin with.

Hillary running ads in Calif.? Really, she shouldn't need to.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:02:02 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

@TomSea

Source?  (For an actual California-directed ad buy, not the fact that she's targeting AZ and NV with regional buys.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump though, is competitive with much better numbers in states Mitt got blown out of,

Illinois, Minnesota, I mean some maps have MN as a swing state, Trump has some competitiveness in many states, even if Trump fails, it does show the GOP does have a chance to get some traction.

Oh, the Trump haters say "populism",  I don't agree with that, and it's difficult to get anything going in the Blue Wall,

NY Michigan and so on.

Again, to be in the game in some states, is amazing to begin with.

Tom, I like you. But you know deep down this is just not an honest appraisal of the situation.

Offline kevindavis007

@TomSea

Source?  (For an actual California-directed ad buy, not the fact that she's targeting AZ and NV with regional buys.)

@Suppressed

I saw some Hillary ads in Chicago, however I think she is targeting INDIANA..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online corbe

Trump should be running ADS in Texas his support is Bleeding profusely.

A once Dark Red State is now Pink.

Just wrote in Darrell Castle on my Mail In Texas Ballot, Will drop it off on my way to a Funeral this afternoon. 

The things people do to get out of Voting in this election.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline Bunny Watson

Trump campaign theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEfqj9pDAI

More like Amazon Women on the Moon's "Bullshit Reenactment" version. :) Too bad I couldn't find the clip - it's even got a snippet of Nearer my God in it!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:24:04 pm by Bunny Watson »

Offline Longmire

Trump is competitive in the upper mid-west states. I'll wager Trump/Pence does better there than Romney/Ryan.

Offline kevindavis007

Trump is competitive in the upper mid-west states. I'll wager Trump/Pence does better there than Romney/Ryan.

On what planet..

Check this out..

‏@JohnJHarwood
senior GOP Senate strategist: "Trump now tied in Indiana. down 11 in PA and 14 in NH. going down hard"

Offline Longmire

@JohnJHarwood
senior GOP Senate strategist: "Trump now tied in Indiana. down 11 in PA and 14 in NH. going down hard"

Is that the same John Harwood featured in Wikileaks giving tips to the Clinton campaign?

Unattributed sources of course... :laugh:

Offline Norm Lenhart

Is that the same John Harwood featured in Wikileaks giving tips to the Clinton campaign?

Unattributed sources of course... :laugh:

I saw you on TV a while back. You were  wrong. There were American soldiers in Iraq. They were right behind you.

Offline Longmire

I saw you on TV a while back. You were  wrong. There were American soldiers in Iraq. They were right behind you.

The lights are on but no one is home... :shrug:

Offline Norm Lenhart

The lights are on but no one is home... :shrug:

Well at least your sense of humor seems to be overcoming your disappointment in Trumps failing. It's a brave front you put up but we know your dying on the inside. So thats good I guess.

HonestJohn

On what planet..

Check this out..

‏@JohnJHarwood

Ouch!  Tied in Indiana.

Offline Victoria33

At this point, I don't put faith in any poll.  I have no idea who is going to win.  This is the first time I have seen Texas pink.  It could be, in Texas, third party votes combined with Republicans skipping the presidential choice, are going to give it to Clinton.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline sinkspur

I'll take that wager.  $100 to GOP Briefing Room from the loser.

Trump is losing big in every Midwestern state but Ohio. 

The sign of a losing campaign:  press conferences.  Hillary does one every day now, on her plane.

Trump hasn't done a formal press conference since the end of August.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online roamer_1

@sinkspur

LOL! I just noticed... Trump = Putting the 'R' back into the GOPe

:silly: :silly: :silly: