Author Topic: Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread  (Read 91345 times)

Silver Pines

Re: The *OFFICIAL* TBR Recipe Thread
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2018, 12:02:13 am »
uh huh

Yea, I know. Thank you for your concern. I would tell the answer except I don't know. I will get over it. This too shall pass.

Right?  Sticky, starchy and nasty.

@ bigheadfred

Just seeing this... have no idea how to respond, lol.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2018, 01:44:06 am »
@ bigheadfred

Just seeing this... have no idea how to respond, lol.

All that tells m is you have all of your natural body parts.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2018, 10:53:14 pm »
I think you are gonna love it.    888high58888  :beer:

I didn't do it til last week end...Awesomeness!! Wish I would have thought to take pics, but then again, I'd not like everyone to see that I drool.....😂

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2018, 11:10:53 pm »
I didn't do it til last week end...Awesomeness!! Wish I would have thought to take pics, but then again, I'd not like everyone to see that I drool.....😂

Kool!  Glad you enjoyed it!  Next time cook up a pan of cornbread to eat with it and the awesome goes even further off the scale.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2018, 12:57:41 am »
@KittenClaws

After 4 years of bud killing frosts we harvested a five gallon bucket of Nanking cherries. I was sorta raised on the big breakfast at grandmas. Pancakes/and/or cornbread, bacon/ham, eggs. Or her "hash". smothered in maple syrup. I kinda do a split plate now. The pancakes or cornbread with the cherry syrup. And the rest with maple.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »
Got this on a lightning deal for $15 and it's my new favorite thing...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0168CNYRE/

Dash Rapid Egg Cooker: 6 Egg Capacity Electric Egg Cooker
for Hard Boiled Eggs, Poached Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, or Omelets
with Auto Shut Off Feature - Red

When I don't want to heat up the place boiling a bunch of water, and I just want to put the eggs in and leave them til the buzzer... perfectly cooked each time.

No recipe...just a cool gadget deserving of the stars it has.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2018, 05:02:22 pm »
This looks like a good companion purchase...

Interesting!

But I note that all of the reviews are from two dates.  To me, that indicates fake reviews.

I use a bowl of ice water for the hard cooked eggs, and they peel very easily (even fresh ones).  But if I see that peeler get a bunch of good real reviews, and it would save the ice water, then maybe that's the trick.  Thanks!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2018, 05:07:53 pm »
Interesting!

But I note that all of the reviews are from two dates.  To me, that indicates fake reviews.

I use a bowl of ice water for the hard cooked eggs, and they peel very easily (even fresh ones).  But if I see that peeler get a bunch of good real reviews, and it would save the ice water, then maybe that's the trick.  Thanks!

I have no luck at all with peeling.  Warm, cold,ice cold, cooked with vinegar or salt.  A disaster every time.  :shrug:

There are a couple of different sellers for that, so the reviews may be more legit on one of the others.

Added:  We just went with the eggie things.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:08:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2018, 07:29:18 pm »
I stumbled on this egg boiling method and it works every time - peeling is a breeze.

Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the burner and turn it on; bring to boil. As soon as the water is boiling, turn it down to a more gentle boil (just slightly above simmer) and time it for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, dip out the eggs and put them in ice water for a couple of minutes. Drain and refrigerate the eggs.

I swear, I've never had trouble peeling a hard-boiled egg cooked this way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2018, 01:24:32 am »
I stumbled on this egg boiling method and it works every time - peeling is a breeze.

Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Place on the burner and turn it on; bring to boil. As soon as the water is boiling, turn it down to a more gentle boil (just slightly above simmer) and time it for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, dip out the eggs and put them in ice water for a couple of minutes. Drain and refrigerate the eggs.

I have noticed over the years the actual age of the egg seems to make a big difference. And since all the eggs we get are store bought, the actual age of the egg is pretty hard to determine.

I bring mine to a hard boil. Set a timer for ten minutes. Pour off the hot water and replace, with a consistent stream, of cold tap water until the egg is cool enough to handle. Crack it and peel it under the cold tap water. Older eggs seem to release the skin better and peel easily. Fresher eggs seem to be more attached to the skin and peel harder. Telling the difference between a fresh egg compared to an older egg (store bought), despite the labeling, is nigh on well...difficult. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2018, 01:33:51 am »

Yup Same. Except I add a splash of vinegar, and 10min on the boil, 10min setting off the stove, then to cold tap water.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2018, 01:39:47 am »
I have noticed over the years the actual age of the egg seems to make a big difference. And since all the eggs we get are store bought, the actual age of the egg is pretty hard to determine.

That's right... 2-3 weeks old for the boil. So I mostly boil store-bought because they are old(er).

Fresh eggs, you steam instead, and they peel fine. But I would have to find out the how of it. I eat mostly fresh eggs, but I just go get store bought for the boil and have had no problems.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2018, 02:17:59 am »
That's right... 2-3 weeks old for the boil. So I mostly boil store-bought because they are old(er).

Fresh eggs, you steam instead, and they peel fine. But I would have to find out the how of it. I eat mostly fresh eggs, but I just go get store bought for the boil and have had no problems.

In thought, the only bolied eggs that I require to be "perfect" are the ones I make deviled eggs from. So that is 3-5 times a year. Holidays. Memorial, Fourth, Labor, Thanksgiving (most especially) and Christmas. The rest of the time we don't care how they peel because they are getting chopped up into salads, etc.

Easter is a different part of the equation. A dozen eggs per g-kid to color. Some to be eaten immediately. Some sit in the fridge for days.

My BIL has a closely guarded recipe for spiced pickled eggs. Showing off a gallon jar to/for some gathering they are heading for. Well... he ain't gettin my sausage recipe neither.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2018, 02:51:58 am »
In thought, the only bolied eggs that I require to be "perfect" are the ones I make deviled eggs from.

If what you have are fresh cackleberries, you let em be a couple weeks, and they'll peel fine.

Easter is a different part of the equation. A dozen eggs per g-kid to color. Some to be eaten immediately. Some sit in the fridge for days.

Well, I don't do easter, but I would reckon that'd be store-bought anyhoo, unless your layers are throwing white, which few of ours do.

My BIL has a closely guarded recipe for spiced pickled eggs. Showing off a gallon jar to/for some gathering they are heading for. Well... he ain't gettin my sausage recipe neither.

That's what I do... I like pickled eggs... I don't have a recipe, but I eat a whole lot of pickles, and buy em in gallon or half gallon jugs, mainly so I can re-purpose the pickle juice when they're done. Same with Jalapenos.

A dozen eggs fit nice in a what, maybe 5 pint pickle jar? I dunno exactly the size, but about that... Boil em up, peel em, and throw em in the jar, and top em off with pickle juice of some kind... When they ain't floating no more, they're done...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #290 on: August 14, 2018, 03:01:02 am »
Steam eggs instead of boiling:

https://youtu.be/YlBKBJOMTnA

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2018, 02:58:47 am »
How to French Toast Leftover Pizza

! No longer available

by Internet Shaquille
Published on Jul 17, 2017
When you French toast leftover pizza, the stale crust becomes a soft and savory pillow, while the once-rubbery cheese crisps on the outside of a gooey interior. This isn't a technique you want to waste on artisanal thin-crust gouda slices. In fact, it works best on cheap doughy brands like Domino's.

I can't believe there wasn't already a video of this on YouTube. This breakthrough post is wasted on someone with no Patreon, no merch, and a gigantic smudge on his lens. If you like it, stick around: bit.ly/SMASHTHAT
+++++++++

Online roamer_1

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2018, 06:25:47 am »
How to French Toast Leftover Pizza

That.is.AWESOME!!!
 :beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #293 on: January 01, 2019, 06:14:16 pm »
DCPatriot's internationally acclaimed....CAESAR SALAD!!

Ingredients:

1 to 1-1/2 inches of anchovy paste
3 cloves of garlic - crushed
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
juice of a half lemon
1/4 cup of original Egg Beaters...not whites
2/3 cup of olive oil
1 head of Romaine lettuce, rinsed and ripped into bite-sized pieces
1 package Caesar salad croutons
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
cracked pepper

in a wooden bowl cream anchovy paste and crushed garlic together

Add mustard, lemon, egg beaters and olive oil blending each ingredient into the anchovy-garlic paste

Toss Romaine, croutons, cheese and cracked pepper in bowl with dressing.

Serves 4 to 6 people....or 2 Italians.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #294 on: January 01, 2019, 07:35:53 pm »
Sounds good, @DCPatriot.

It is a little-known fact that Columbus set sail to find something to put on their pasta. Just think how many centuries of salad and plain pasta the Italians had to endure before Columbus came back with a tomato?

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #295 on: January 01, 2019, 08:06:49 pm »
Crystal Light liquid flavoring and water.
I won't accept.

Offline verga

« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2019, 12:42:55 pm »
Keto Reuben
INGREDIENTS
6 leaves cabbage
12 slices Swiss cheese
1/4 lb. corned beef, thinly sliced
1 c. sauerkraut
1/4 c. Russian dressing, for dipping

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, boil 4 cups water. Using tongs, dip each cabbage leaf in water for 30 seconds and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry.
Place 2 slices Swiss cheese in the center of a cabbage leaf. Top with a couple slices of corned beef and a spoonful of sauerkraut and roll burrito-style into a small package. Serve with Russian dressing for dipping.

We use Thousand Island instead of Russian.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2019, 02:38:53 pm »
Keto Reuben
INGREDIENTS
6 leaves cabbage
12 slices Swiss cheese
1 c. sauerkraut

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, boil 4 cups water. Using tongs, dip each cabbage leaf in water for 30 seconds and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry.
Place 2 slices Swiss cheese in the center of a cabbage leaf. Top with a couple slices of corned beef and a spoonful of sauerkraut and roll burrito-style into a small package. Serve with Russian dressing for dipping.

That looks great!  I'm going to have to try it.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »
Keto Reuben
INGREDIENTS
6 leaves cabbage
12 slices Swiss cheese
1 c. sauerkraut

DIRECTIONS

You forgot the bakery rye bread!  ;)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:42 pm »
Looking for a pea soup recipe
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️