Author Topic: Lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of raping 13-year-old girl gets December hearing  (Read 1686 times)

Wingnut

A woman’s lawsuit alleging Donald Trump raped her when she was 13 will soon get a hearing before a judge — but not until after the presidential election.

Manhattan Federal Judge Ronnie Abrams has scheduled a hearing for Dec. 16.

Abrams has asked lawyers for the woman and Trump meet to discuss why the case should be held in New York.

They will also discuss whether both sides have talked about a settlement as well as a possible trial length.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lawsuit-accusing-trump-raping-girl-13-december-hearing-article-1.2828413

Offline dfwgator

Watch it get dropped on November 9th.

Offline Resp3

Lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of raping 13-year-old girl gets December hearing

Donald accompanied Bill Clinton on the 'Lolita Express' to Sex Fiend Island? I had not heard this.

Just Damn.

Offline mountaineer

The woman has alleged the GOP presidential candidate and billionaire perv Jeffrey Epstein assaulted her at a series of sex parties that Epstein threw in 1994.
A civil lawsuit, and she waited 20+ years to file? Does no statute of limitations apply?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline chae

@mountaineer

I believe that she is saying that Trump threatened her and she was in fear of her safety until now.  That has worked in a couple cases in the past.

Wingnut

A civil lawsuit, and she waited 20+ years to file? Does no statute of limitations apply?

I'm no lawyer but I played one on TV... and I believe on filing criminal charges yes there is a limitations clause that varies by state.  Civil...no.

HonestJohn

@mountaineer

I believe that she is saying that Trump threatened her and she was in fear of her safety until now.  That has worked in a couple cases in the past.

He does have that sort of history...

Offline DB

Lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of raping 13-year-old girl gets December hearing

Donald accompanied Bill Clinton on the 'Lolita Express' to Sex Fiend Island? I had not heard this.

Just Damn.

@mountaineer @Resp3

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5556/7-things-you-need-know-about-trump-and-sex-slave-amanda-prestigiacomo#modal

This wasn't 20 years ago. I believe it was about 12 years ago. The the trial of Epstien was about 7 years ago. As I understand it she tried to get him charged earlier but the powers that be suppressed her claims. She was only 13 years old.

Offline mountaineer

From the article:
The woman has alleged the GOP presidential candidate and billionaire perv Jeffrey Epstein assaulted her at a series of sex parties that Epstein threw in 1994.
That looks like 22 years ago to me. This is not a criminal proceeding, at least as far as I can tell from the posted article. It's a civil lawsuit. In most jurisdictions, she would have to file it within two years from the date of the assault, although her being a minor then may have tolled the statute of limitations - but not till she's 35, only until she became an adult. Perhaps someone familiar with NY law knows the answer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

From the article:That looks like 22 years ago to me. This is not a criminal proceeding, at least as far as I can tell from the posted article. It's a civil lawsuit. In most jurisdictions, she would have to file it within two years from the date of the assault, although her being a minor then may have tolled the statute of limitations - but not till she's 35, only until she became an adult. Perhaps someone familiar with NY law knows the answer.

Ah, didn't know it was that long ago. That's while Bill was in the White House...