Author Topic: Thread of Cute  (Read 291201 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Thread of Cute
« Reply #2700 on: January 16, 2020, 03:05:54 pm »
@Applewood
@Gefn

Thanks, y'all. He was so traumatized when I first got him after being surrendered by the only family he'd ever known since he was a puppy. All of a sudden at 12 years old he found himself in a little cage with barking dogs all around. I can't imagine how a dog's mind processes that. He hadn't even been neutered. I tried to get medical records on him, but the previous owner just said they took him to the vet in 2017 for flea protection. Whaaaaat?

Anyway, he's landed in a pot of jam since we became a family. He didn't eat at first and was simply shut down emotionally. I'm happy to tell y'all he's made a full recovery. He's a happy little dog, and I'm a happy little mama! He's energetic and loving and, although he was everything I didn't want in a poodle (male, older, blind in one eye, dark coat), I wouldn't change a thing!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2701 on: January 16, 2020, 03:44:38 pm »
Here's my little feller. Our first Christmas together, so I had to take him for his Santa pic.

A cutie-pie!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2702 on: January 16, 2020, 05:35:36 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Thank you for sharing your little guy's story.  Most people when they adopt a pet look for puppies or kittens and overlook the senior citizens.  My second cat was an old girl.  A stray left to fend for herself when her people cut her loose.  She too was fearful of people and it looks like she suffered some abuse.  When she showed up at my house, she was starving and flea ridden.  Took her in, a friend of mine gave her a flea bath and then she went to the vet.  The vet guessed her to be around 10 or more, but other than the fleas, she was in remarkably good health for a stray.  Took her some time to trust me and she didn't like my other cat, but eventually, she adjusted.  She had six good years with me before she passed and I believe she was grateful for every one of those years.  When she was happy, she let out a purr you could hear in the next county.

May your baby give you many more years of happiness.

Offline verga

« Reply #2703 on: January 16, 2020, 07:11:38 pm »
We are dealing with a JRT foster right now. He was severely abused. First 2-3 days i had to "corner" him to get the leash to take him for a "drag" It took him almost a week to walk into the den or the  bedroom, he kept hiding in the living room. Now he runs up to us to get petted when we walk in the door. He loves going for walks now and loose leash walks very well. He still acts like he expects to get hit when I put the leash on him, but is getting better. He will run the steps to the bed, but won't come on the bed yet. Small steps every day.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2704 on: January 18, 2020, 09:15:39 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Thank you for sharing your little guy's story.  Most people when they adopt a pet look for puppies or kittens and overlook the senior citizens.  My second cat was an old girl.  A stray left to fend for herself when her people cut her loose.  She too was fearful of people and it looks like she suffered some abuse.  When she showed up at my house, she was starving and flea ridden.  Took her in, a friend of mine gave her a flea bath and then she went to the vet.  The vet guessed her to be around 10 or more, but other than the fleas, she was in remarkably good health for a stray.  Took her some time to trust me and she didn't like my other cat, but eventually, she adjusted.  She had six good years with me before she passed and I believe she was grateful for every one of those years.  When she was happy, she let out a purr you could hear in the next county.

May your baby give you many more years of happiness.

I totally agree with you re: senior dogs/cats @Applewood . They are overlooked. All but one of my dogs (and there have been many) were "dump" dogs. Living where I do people seem this is the place to discard their unwanted pets. I had lots of cats as a kid but the two I've had as an adult were stray/rescue. I won't even go into the birds I bought from the dime store that weren't being taken care of...and the horses. Yes..I am a sucker.

The thing I've always wished was that the "oldsters" and the discarded pets were provided with stories that told their lives. I always wonder what their lives were before they came to me.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2705 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:21 pm »
@Applewood
@Gefn

Thanks, y'all. He was so traumatized when I first got him after being surrendered by the only family he'd ever known since he was a puppy. All of a sudden at 12 years old he found himself in a little cage with barking dogs all around. I can't imagine how a dog's mind processes that. He hadn't even been neutered. I tried to get medical records on him, but the previous owner just said they took him to the vet in 2017 for flea protection. Whaaaaat?

Anyway, he's landed in a pot of jam since we became a family. He didn't eat at first and was simply shut down emotionally. I'm happy to tell y'all he's made a full recovery. He's a happy little dog, and I'm a happy little mama! He's energetic and loving and, although he was everything I didn't want in a poodle (male, older, blind in one eye, dark coat), I wouldn't change a thing!

Glad to hear you are happy together.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2706 on: January 23, 2020, 09:02:52 pm »
We are dealing with a JRT foster right now. He was severely abused. First 2-3 days i had to "corner" him to get the leash to take him for a "drag" It took him almost a week to walk into the den or the  bedroom, he kept hiding in the living room. Now he runs up to us to get petted when we walk in the door. He loves going for walks now and loose leash walks very well. He still acts like he expects to get hit when I put the leash on him, but is getting better. He will run the steps to the bed, but won't come on the bed yet. Small steps every day.

Great progress.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2707 on: February 01, 2020, 12:56:53 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2708 on: February 01, 2020, 01:30:40 pm »
@240B

Cute!!!!!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2709 on: February 02, 2020, 04:36:18 am »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2710 on: February 03, 2020, 01:23:54 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2711 on: February 03, 2020, 01:26:39 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2712 on: February 05, 2020, 09:58:42 am »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2713 on: February 24, 2020, 10:10:08 pm »

Please HELP!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2714 on: February 25, 2020, 10:39:03 am »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2715 on: June 07, 2020, 10:14:52 pm »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2716 on: June 07, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »

Holy Smokes, it's Bat Cat! A good wind and that feline could be flying like Sister Bertrille .

Online rustynail

« Reply #2717 on: October 13, 2020, 04:21:50 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2718 on: October 13, 2020, 04:45:31 pm »
All these years of checking this thread,and still no photos of me.

I just can't understand it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #2719 on: December 13, 2020, 12:29:49 am »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2720 on: December 13, 2020, 07:46:44 am »
All these years of checking this thread,and still no photos of me.

I just can't understand it.

@sneakypete

You’re so dang handsome, if I post a photo of you, any woman who sees it will go crazy because how handsome you are. Kinda like how women went bonkers for Valentino or Beatlemania.

6666kiss

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2721 on: December 13, 2020, 05:05:24 pm »
@sneakypete

You’re so dang handsome, if I post a photo of you, any woman who sees it will go crazy because how handsome you are. Kinda like how women went bonkers for Valentino or Beatlemania.

6666kiss

@Gefn

Yeah,that must be it.

Offline verga

« Reply #2722 on: December 14, 2020, 12:01:34 pm »
@Gefn

Yeah,that must be it.
When "people" magazine asked me, yur name was the first to come to mind for the sexiest man
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2723 on: December 14, 2020, 12:14:57 pm »
When "people" magazine asked me, yur name was the first to come to mind for the sexiest man
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:17:04 pm by Gefn »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2724 on: December 14, 2020, 12:38:31 pm »

@verga

Thanks,I appreciate your support!