Author Topic: Weak GOP Leaders Can't Keep Their Word, Forced to Jump Back On the Trump Train  (Read 611 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Justin Holcomb
Oct. 12, 2016

It is amazing to watch the GOP leadership in Washington, D.C. squeal when they're faced with the least bit of adversity. 

On Friday night, the 'left' launched a surprise attack that sent the elite media and elite politicians into scapegoating frenzy.  Paul Ryan disinvited Republican nominee Donald Trump from a campaign fundraiser, Sen. Deb Fischer said it would be wise for him to step down, and Rep. Bradley Byrne and Sen. John Thune also told the nominee to step aside. 

And now what?

You guessed it.  These establishment politicians are re-evaluating their professional political careers and are now re-endorsing Donald Trump.

>

This is Washington, D.C. folks, plain and simple.  These are the men and women who represent your bests interests, with fierce loyalty and devotion. 

More... http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2016/10/12/sen-deb-fischer-flip-flops-now-reendorsing-donald-trump-for-president-n2231329

Offline beandog

As far as I know, none of these politicians that are named ever said they wouldn't vote for the Republican nominee.  They just hoped, as I did, that the Donald would do the right thing and step down.  They must learn that the Donald never does the right thing.  On top of that, voting is private so it doesn't matter what they say, they can vote for whomever they want.

Offline dfwgator

Weak GOP is redundant.

Offline endicom

Weak GOP is redundant.

They know when to be tough. When facing no opposition.

Offline aligncare

Many people here have argued for Donald Trump by saying, yeah, Trump is a loudmouth lying pig, but, Hillary is worse. So, they intend to vote for him. But, that's never been my position.

I take the position that if Donald Trump wins office he will turn in a very good performance as president. I do not doubt his sincere love for America nor that he's running for the right reasons.

I think he'll accomplish many of his objectives to help improve America's economy, and expose the lying media, and make inroads into busting up the corrupt Washington DC/money axis.

His history reveals finely honed skill sets perfect for the job of president. Just my humble opinion.

Offline endicom

Many people here have argued for Donald Trump by saying, yeah, Trump is a loudmouth lying pig, but, Hillary is worse. So, they intend to vote for him. But, that's never been my position.

I take the position that if Donald Trump wins office he will turn in a very good performance as president. I do not doubt his sincere love for America nor that he's running for the right reasons.

I think he'll accomplish many of his objectives to help improve America's economy, and expose the lying media, and make inroads into busting up the corrupt Washington DC/money axis.

His history reveals finely honed skill sets perfect for the job of president. Just my humble opinion.

It's always a gamble. We can't know how they will perform in office.

I voted for Dubya because he had to be better than Gore. By the end of his first term I knew he sucked putty balls but he had to be better than Kerry. We lost ground with dud Dubya but not as much ground as we would have with the others.

Trump? In the conventional sense I don't know how good he may be. But he does shake up what's called The Establishment and that may be what is most needed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:11:19 pm by endicom »

Offline skeeter

You may end up being right. Trump may have become a super patriot and firm believer in the Constitution, AmerIca first and supply side economics.

But how you can look at Trump's past and see anything besides a Michael Bloomberg republican, at best, is a mystery.

Offline dfwgator

You may end up being right. Trump may have become a super patriot and firm believer in the Constitution, AmerIca first and supply side economics.

But how you can look at Trump's past and see anything besides a Michael Bloomberg republican, at best, is a mystery.

And what the NeverTrumpers are doing is giving up any chance, assuming Trump wins, of having any influence over Trump's Presidency.  At least Trump might listen to you,  you KNOW Hillary won't.