Author Topic: Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus is redirecting party funds away from the race for the presidency to others, such as those for House and Senate seats.  (Read 1949 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-scrambles-to-salvage-election-after-donald-trumps-latest-imbroglio-1475969203

GOP Scrambles to Salvage Election After Donald Trump’s Latest Imbroglio

Republican candidates and party officials disavow presidential candidate, seek personal paths to political survival

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus is redirecting party funds away from the race for the presidency to others, such as those for House and Senate seats.

By JANET HOOK,  BETH REINHARD and  REID J. EPSTEIN

Oct. 8, 2016 7:26 p.m. ET

A divided Republican Party descended into turmoil, as a startling chorus of GOP candidates and officials repudiated their own presidential candidate and scrambled to find personal paths to political survival just a month before Election Day.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Saturday told party officials to redirect funds away from nominee Donald Trump to down-ballot candidates, according to an official informed of the decision. In practical terms, the party will be working to mobilize voters who support GOP House and Senate candidates regardless of their position on the presidential race.

That means the RNC will push Floridians who support both Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican Sen. Marco Rubio to vote. Before today, the RNC wouldn’t have sought to turn out Clinton voters, leaving split-ticket voters for Senate campaigns to target.

The release on Friday of a 2005 video of Mr. Trump making lewd and degrading comments about women has led to recriminations from all corners of the GOP. Mr. Trump’s comments were denounced by the party chairman, the speaker of the House, a squadron of former GOP presidential candidates and a flood of members of Congress.

Unprecedented pressure has mounted on Mr. Trump to step aside, although there appears to be no easy off-ramp for the party that nominated the most unconventional political outsider in its history less than three months ago.  Mr. Trump told the Wall Street Journal he won’t quit the race.

When 2008 Republican nominee John McCain on Saturday withdrew his endorsement of Mr. Trump, that left 1996 nominee Bob Dole as the only living GOP nominee backing Mr. Trump.

In an interview, Mr. Dole said he is still supportive of the party’s nominee. “It was 11 years ago. He shouldn’t have said it, but there’s nothing he can do about it except to do well in the debate,” he said. “I think he can overcome a lot of this in the debate tomorrow night.”

continued at link
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:49:01 am by mystery-ak »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline dfwgator

I still don't understand how Priebus still has his job after the 2012 debacle with Romney.

Online corbe

Reince might have figured out that a faster way to push Trump closer to the EXIT, remove the profit margin, Trumps Achilles heel.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

I still don't understand how Priebus still has his job after the 2012 debacle with Romney.

I don't see how Trump got the nomination given his long, publicly known, track record of abusing, and assaulting, women.

HonestJohn

I don't see how Trump got the nomination given his long, publicly known, track record of abusing, and assaulting, women.

Because his ardent supporters want someone who abuses and assaults people.  We saw the violence at his rallies and his demonization of Hispanics.

This *IS* what a significant plurality of the GOP want.  To destroy America for electing 'that Kenyan monkey'.

Nihilists.  They are the modern Black Flag movement.

Offline sinkspur

Because his ardent supporters want someone who abuses and assaults people.  We saw the violence at his rallies and his demonization of Hispanics.

This *IS* what a significant plurality of the GOP want.  To destroy America for electing 'that Kenyan monkey'.

Nihilists.  They are the modern Black Flag movement.

Six months ago I would never have agreed with you.

Now, I'm convinced you're right on.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Plain and simple.  He fooled a lot of stupid people.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Man, this guy has the toughest job in the GOP. I remember when the freeps and trumpers would call him "Rinsed Penis". Then when he was pro Trump they liked him and the NeverTrumps hated the guy.

Now both sides hate him.

HonestJohn

Six months ago I would never have agreed with you.

Now, I'm convinced you're right on.

I would add that this is what motivates them.

As to what they want? We've seen, historically, how ne'er-do-wells behave when organized by a demagogue.  It's a horrific sight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

Online corbe

Kellyanne and Reince both cancelled their respective talking head appearances tomorrow, Fox and face the Nation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Offline cato potatoe

Is Trump really going to show up at the debate tomorrow?  Hillary must be foaming at the mouth. 

HonestJohn

I agree with the first line.  I do not agree with the second.  They actually have never hated Obama like they hate the Clintons.  Not even to this day after all the leftist garbage emperor obama has foisted on the nation....even still.  They hate the Clintons, and Hillary more than Bill.    I got tired of telling them in 2008 that Obama was actually more of a liberal radical than Hillary.    I used to think it was about hating liberalism, but then they've embraced liberal Trump and make every excuse imaginable for him.  So I am left wondering about their core motive.   There are motives to be seen, for sure.  But why is Hillary their most hated person?  Granted she's a liberal.  But there are bigger liberals.  Is it that she's a woman?

Just remember who pushed, and is still bragging about, the birth certificate issue.  Trump's speaking to his base in the GOP who still think Obama's a Kenyan 'monkey'.  And who are furious with America for making them suffer through eight years of him.

They want revenge.  'Destroy the GOP', 'blow up the establishment', 'burn it down'... were all common expressions used by Trump supporters early on.