Author Topic: Trump plunged into crisis as GOP recoils from vulgar remarks  (Read 7093 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump plunged into crisis as GOP recoils from vulgar remarks
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:47 pm »
hillary looking better to you now?
Nope.  Trump is looking worse.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »
Trump on Hillary:

“Yeah, I’m a foul mouthed dumb-ass"

Finally a position I can agree with Trump.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 01:09:20 pm »
Franklin Graham on Facebook
28 mins ·

The crude comments made by Donald J. Trump more than 11 years ago cannot be defended. But the godless progressive agenda of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton likewise cannot be defended. I am not endorsing any candidates in this election. I have said it throughout this presidential campaign, and I will say it again—both candidates are flawed. The only hope for the United States is God. Our nation’s many sins have permeated our society, leading us to where we are today. But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Longmire

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 01:15:17 pm »
Donny is finished. What happened here is akin to a nuclear bomb going off. Party heavyweights are cutting him loose as we speak. There isn't a self respecting woman that will vote for him anymore. Hillary just won tonight.

This is why #nevertrump is a losing cause...the duck and cover instinct is just too strong.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 01:16:18 pm »
This is why #nevertrump is a losing cause...the duck and cover instinct is just too strong.

Come on Longy, sing it with me!

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about

Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 01:41:05 pm »

LOL. Whatever eases your pain in realizing your boy Donny lost the election last night by self inflicted wounds.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 01:52:43 pm »
Trump on Hillary:

“Yeah, I’m a foul mouthed dumb-ass, but I have not been aided by the White House to evade prosecution for corruption, graft, mishandling of classified documents, and running a donation mill while holding a cabinet position.”

Your attempts to defend Orange Wonderful are just becoming pathetic.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

So you have no problems with what Donny said?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 01:56:57 pm »
28 mins ·

The crude comments made by Donald J. Trump more than 11 years ago cannot be defended. But the godless progressive agenda of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton likewise cannot be defended. I am not endorsing any candidates in this election. I have said it throughout this presidential campaign, and I will say it again—both candidates are flawed. The only hope for the United States is God. Our nation’s many sins have permeated our society, leading us to where we are today. But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.

Trump has made strides to improve himself since 2005 and while his comments from then are repugnant, he has apologized for them.

Sunday will be a test of Trump's sincerity for that apology, and  should he pass that test, this matter is behind him.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 01:58:16 pm »
So you have no problems with what Donny said?

Liberals never do. not sure how much more proof people need. Unless anyone wants to step up and claim that defending this animal is any way conservative. But they traded the lives of babies for a win last time and lost so this time they'll throw women to the dogs.

2020 will be great as they will have no one left but themselves to sacrifice.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »
Trump has made strides to improve himself since 2005 and while his comments from then are repugnant, he has apologized for them.

Sunday will be a test of Trump's sincerity for that apology, and  should he pass that test, this matter is behind him.

Don't bogart that joint Bro...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »

You don't have daughters do you?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
thehill
By Jonathan Easley
October 07, 2016, 11:38 pm

Democrats are casting Trump’s remarks as “predatory.”

Top Republican leaders from Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on down are releasing furious statements demanding that Trump issue a full apology.

The outpouring of anger from within the GOP has been extraordinarily, coming with just over a month to go until the election. Trump’s former primary rivals, like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), have turned up heat on the nominee, characterizing his remarks as beyond the pale.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), who has long had an uneasy relationship with Trump, backed out of their first planned joint appearance, a Saturday event in the battleground state of Wisconsin that was meant as a show of unity. He said he was “sickened” by what he heard from Trump.

“Women are to be championed and revered, not objectified. I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests,” Ryan said in a statement.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, went on his local news channel to retract his endorsement of Trump.

“I’m out,” Chaffetz said.

Some of Trump’s Republican critics — including vulnerable GOP Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) — are even demanding that Trump drop out of the race.

The furor stirred rampant speculation that Republicans might cut Trump loose. Sean Spicer, the Republican National Committee’s chief strategist, sought to put those concerns to bed, denying reports of late-night meetings to replace the nominee.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299961-trump-plunged-into-crisis-as-gop-recoils-from-vulgar

Well, this 'revolution' is over.

And it was so predictable.

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »
28 mins ·

That is the best defense of Trump that can be made.  The author's anguish over this choice is palpable and I can't fault the author in picking Trump as the least worst choice...but I can't pull the lever for the Trump because I no longer see him as the least worst choice.  I have no faith that he will appoint better judges.  I have no faith that he has a better vision for the future of our country.  I only see an ugly toad.

I do, however, think you are a hell of a nice person mountaineer.  I admire the strength of your character, and your good natured heart.  I know you honestly believe Trump is quantifiably better than Hitlery.  Defending and promoting Trump as the GOP nominee is a difficult task, and while I disagree with that choice, I appreciate you expressing that opinion with dispassionate logic and class.  Trump is lucky to have you in his corner.

We disagree, but never believe I think less of you because we don't see eye to eye this election.  I remain sincerely grateful to share this wonderful forum with engaging thinkers like you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2016, 02:02:47 pm »

As far as I am concerned, you and your ilk are complicit in this disaster.  How does it feel?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2016, 02:04:19 pm »
Liberals never do. not sure how much more proof people need. Unless anyone wants to step up and claim that defending this animal is any way conservative. But they traded the lives of babies for a win last time and lost so this time they'll throw women to the dogs.

2020 will be great as they will have no one left but themselves to sacrifice.

I wouldn't be surprised now to find out that there's a tape of Bill and Donny traded tips on the proper use of a Cohiba as a sex toy.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2016, 02:17:34 pm »
Don't bogart that joint Bro...

Since we're quoting song lyrics from Easy Rider, allow me to quote a line from Hendrix:

"If the six turned out to be nine, I don't mind"

Or, from Steppenwolf, an oblique reference to Trumpsters and a bit of artistic license:

"I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the Donald don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2016, 02:20:26 pm »
Trump has made strides to improve himself since 2005

@Longmire

Well actually, no
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Longmire

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2016, 02:25:28 pm »
As far as I am concerned, you and your ilk are complicit in this disaster.  How does it feel?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

Thats right! Let it all out! Let the butthurt FLOW through as your candidate destroys himself and America.

YES!!! All on you lib. All of it.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 02:30:21 pm »
Well actually, no

Actually, yes.

Trump presented with a Bible and prayer shawl right before they cut the live feed...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 02:30:36 pm »
Thats right! Let it all out! Let the butthurt FLOW through as your candidate destroys himself and America.

YES!!! All on you lib. All of it.

I have a feeling you and I and a few others are feeling more and more justified about not jumping on the Trump Train at this point.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:32:03 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »

"Strides" being defined as telling a woman she's "bleeding from her eyes", when he'd rather grab her by her privates.

These matters will never be behind him.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »
Actually, yes.

Trump presented with a Bible and prayer shawl right before they cut the live feed...

And that proves what exactly?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »
28 mins ·

Franklin Graham is not "endorsing" anybody, but it's clear where he stands.

He'd be better off keeping his mouth shut.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.