Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 09/30***  (Read 3442 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 09/30***
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:18:33 pm »
September 30th is International Translation Day

Will someone translate this election, please?

Translator gets 400 words to translate.
Client: How long will it take?
Translator: About a week.
Client: A whole week for just 400 words? God created the world in 6 days.
Translator: Then just take a look at this world and afterwards take a look at my translation.

Two translators on a ship are talking.

“Can you swim?” asks one.

“No” says the other, “but I can shout for help in nine languages.”

The European Commission have just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty’s Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase-in plan that would be known as “EuroEnglish”: –

In the first year, “s” will replace the soft “c”. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard “c” will be dropped in favor of the “k”. This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with the “f”. This will make words like “fotograf” 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling k-an be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent “e”‘s in the language is disgracful, and they should go away. By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z” and “w” with “v”.

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaiining “ou” and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!

Two cops are hanging around on a corner in the former East Germany shortly after the Wall fell.
Up ride two bicyclists from England, looking for directions.

"I don't speak German," one says to one of the cops, "Might you speak English?"
 The cops shrug with incomprehension.
 "Parlez vous francais," the biker says, non-plussed.
 More shrugs.
 "Parla Italiano?"
 Shrugs
 "Habla Espanol?"
 Same thing. The guy even tries Portuguese and Latin, no luck.
 Finally the bikers ride off, frustrated.
 One cop looks at the other and says, "Hey, that guy spoke 6 languages!"
 The first one shrugs one last time. "Yeah well, what good did it do him?"

Um, I'll take the dish without the parsley

Funny Translator - Sign Language

I’d rather not.

Funny Translator - She's fluent in 7 languages

*****Something was lost in translation...

Wait....what?

Well, that's a waste

The place that cares

Translation with Subtitles

Well, no wonder....

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 09/30***
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 01:22:15 pm »

Here’s What You Need To Know About The Rare Black Moon On Friday, September 30th:

#1 – Expect The Darker Side Of Humanity To Appear.

Researchers have long known that the full moon has an impact on human psychology. A black full moon teeters this impact into ‘negative’ territory. In other words, prepare to witness the darker side of yourself and those around you.

Feelings such as hatred and envy will be quite prominent on Friday the 30th.

Try not to get too overwhelmed by this. A look at the dark side of humanity can actually bring quite a few benefits. By taking such a look, you can gain a more accurate picture of who you are. Once you’ve got that picture, you can take the necessary steps towards becoming your best self.

#2 – Expect Your Gender Identity To Shift.

Carl Jung pioneered the idea of the ‘anima.’ This concept refers to the innate ability of both men and women to display characteristics associated with the opposite gender.

For example, the anima in men refers to a male’s feminine side. Astrologists credit the black moon with awakening one’s anima.

This does not mean you’ll be attracted to members of your own sex on Friday the 30th. In fact, it has nothing to do with sexual orientation at all.

All it means is that, if you identify as male you will feel very in touch with your feminine side as a result of the black moon and vice versa.

This can be a great time to explore yourself. If you’re in a relationship, it might help you better relate to your partner.

#3 – Expect An Increase In Creativity.

A normal full moon causes a burst in creativity. A black moon takes that one step further. It’s only natural; according to research, creativity comes from a very dark place.

This Friday the 30th, you can expect a major boost in creative drive and ambition. A few great ways to make use of this include journaling, painting or songwriting. Who knows, you just might end up with a deep, thoughtful piece of work you’re super proud of!

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 01:28:16 pm »
Yay!!!

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
SLIP....SLIDING

TO

CLICK HERE TO BE INCLUDED OR TAKEN OFF THE LIST

PINGALING LIST – Let me know if you want on or off!!
@1poxgi@AbaraXas - @Acemodean@alicewonders -  @andy58-in-nh -  @annieokie -  @ArneFufkin -  @austingirl -  @Bear_in_RoseBear -  @berferdt -  @betty boop  -  @BigHomer - @Bigun -  @bob434 -  @bolobaby -  @bootless -  @catfish1957 -  @CatherineofAragon -  @cato potatoe  -  @chae -  @Charlespg -  @Chasaway -  @ConstitutionRose -  @Cowboyway - @CSM - @Cyber Liberty -   @DCPatriot -  @Dexter -  @Diamond6 -  @DiogenesLamp -  @Doug Loss  -  @DrewsDad -  @driftdiver -  @EasyAce -  @EC -  @Eowyn -  @ExFreeper -  @Fishrrman -  @Frank Cannon  -  @Free Vulcan  -  @Freya -   @GilesB -  @goatprairie -  @gorush - @Gov Bean Counter  -  @GrouchoTex -  @guitar4jesus -  @HAPPY2BME -  @Hoodat -  @Idaho_Cowboy -  @INVAR -  @IsailedawayfromFR -  @Jazzhead -  @jmyrlefuller -  @Just_Victor -  @Kaslin -  @kevindavis -  @kidd -  @Kinsman Redeemer  -  @kjam22 -   @Lando Lincoln  -  @Leto -  @libertybele -  @LonestarDream -  @LottieDah -  @M1078 -  @Machiavelli -  @MACVSOG68 -  @Maj. Bill Martin  -  @MajorClay -  @Manic Episode  -  @markomalley -  @MBB1984 -  @mcjordansc -  @MeshugeMikey -  @Millee -  @Minarch -  @mirraflake -  @mlizzy@montanajoe -  @mountaineer -  @mrpotatohead -  @mystery-ak -  @Neverdul -  @Nickname -   @Oceander -  @PinkFlipFlops -  @plewis1250 -  @pogo101 -  @Polly Tix  -  @pookie18 -  @PROCON@r9etb -  @rangerrebew -  @rb224315 -  @RedHead -  @Relic -  @Resp3 -  @RetBobbyMI -  @Richardtavor -  @Unlimited  -  @roamer_1 -  @rodamala -  @RoosGirl -  @Salem Poor  -  @Sanguine -  @ScottinVA -  @ShadowAce -  @sinkspur -  @SirLinksALot -  @sitetest -  @skeeter -  @Smokin Joe  -  @sneakypete -  @Springfield Reformer  -  @Stargazer -  @starstruck -  @stevekrz@Suppressed -  @SZonian -  @Texas Yellow Rose  - @the_doc -  @TheMom -  @ThePatriotFile -  @The_Reader_David -  @Timber Rattler  -  @TomSea -  @truth_seeker@TurkeyLurkey -  @TXnTX -  @txradioguy - @uglybiker -  @Variant@verga -  @Victoria33 -  @WAC -  @washi -  @Weird Tolkienish Figure  -  @Wingnut 
 :beer:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 02:33:19 pm »
A humorous police report:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 02:49:57 pm »
I've got my $8.99. I'm here for the silliness.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 03:28:49 pm »
You wouldn't want it to be stale now, would you?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »
Time for Silly!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »
Tomorrow is World Vegetarian Day!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »

Fun fact: meat-free diets are usually deficient in key nutrients; iron is difficult to get, and whole proteins are hit or miss. Vitamin B12 is almost impossible to get from plant sources alone; that vitamin is important for brain function and metabolism.

The end result? Delusions like World Vegetarian Day.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 08:52:18 pm »
Fun fact: meat-free diets are usually deficient in key nutrients; iron is difficult to get, and whole proteins are hit or miss. Vitamin B12 is almost impossible to get from plant sources alone; that vitamin is important for brain function and metabolism.

The end result? Delusions like World Vegetarian Day.

Explains PETA..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 08:55:24 pm »

That's great!  I love vegetarians....

...with fava beans and a nice chianti!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for lousy hunter.  :laugh:

Since hunting season is almost here I thought I would share some silliness from one of my favorite authors Patrick MacManus, when he grows up I want to be just like him.

-There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm.
Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary.

-Show me a man who fishes in winter, and I'll show you a fanatic. Actually, I'll get the better of the deal, because for sheer spectacle a fanatic doesn't hold a candle to a man who fishes in winter

-The best times to fish is when it’s raining and when it ain’t.

-The rule of thumb for the old backpacking was that the weight of your pack should equal the weight of yourself and the kitchen range combined. Just a casual glance at the full pack sitting on the floor could give you a double hernia and fuse four vertebra. After carrying the pack all day, you had to remember to tie one leg to a tree before you dropped it. Otherwise you would float off into space. The pack eliminated the need for any special kind of group-gripping shoes, because your feet would sink a foot and half into hard-packed earth, two inches into solid rock.

-Camping is now aluminum-covered, propane-heated, foam-padded, air-conditioned, bug-proofed, flip-topped, disposable, and transistorized. Hardship on a modern camping trip is blowing a fuse on your electric underwear, or having the battery peter out on your Porta-Shaver.

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 09:11:12 pm »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 09:12:16 pm »

Explains PETA..
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Pork
Elk Roast
Turkey
Alligator Tail

How many vegans does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two, one to change it and one to check for animal ingredients.

Why did the tofu cross the road?
To prove he wasn't chicken.

A couple heard that their vegetarian son was coming home from university for Thanksgiving.
"Kill the fatted zucchini, Martha!  Our prodigal son is returning."

I was adding milk to my coffee when a vegan colleague said, "Do you know that milk belongs to a calf?"
If it hadn't have been first day at work, I'd have replied, "Relax, I already ate that calf for lunch."
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 09:36:12 pm »
It's like the chicken said before he was butchered: Life clucks and then you die.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »
Must have been using blonde roast: When Elly got married her husband bought her one of those fancy, electric coffee makers. It had all the latest gadgets on it. Salesman Riley carefully explained how everything worked; how to plug it in, set the timer, go back to bed, and upon rising, the coffee is ready." A few weeks later Elly was back in the store and Riley asked her how she liked the coffee maker. "Wonderful!" she replied, "However, there's one thing I don't understand. Why do I have to go to bed every time I want to make a pot of coffee?"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 02:33:41 am »
A cyclist, on the brink of solving the existential question of the ages, pedals on, refusing to question motives.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 02:35:52 pm »
“ It's the first day of October—when the leaves turn orange and everything else turns pink. „
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 02:54:57 pm »
Chinese word for constipation:  hung chow.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 03:41:40 pm »
A cyclist, on the brink of solving the existential question of the ages, pedals on, refusing to question motives.

That must be Key West.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »
“ It's the first day of October—when the leaves turn orange and everything else turns pink. „

I think it might be Domestic Abuse awareness month, so it's also "Don't Beat Your Wife Month."
I will NOT comply.