Author Topic: Sweden to reintroduce military service  (Read 613 times)

rangerrebew

Sweden to reintroduce military service
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »

Sweden to reintroduce military service
Listen | Print
By AFP     1 hour ago in World

Sweden said Wednesday it would reintroduce compulsory military service from 2018, eight years after it was abolished.

The Scandinavian nation, which has not seen armed conflict on its territory in two centuries, ended conscription in 2010 after it was deemed an unsatisfactory way of meeting the needs of a modern army.

"I hope that we are going to find a path to a more stable, robust and functional means of recruitment," Defence Minister Peter Hultqvist told a news conference.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/sweden-to-reintroduce-military-service/article/475929#ixzz4LZqnhuxQ

geronl

Re: Sweden to reintroduce military service
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:53:21 pm »
slavery making a come back

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:24:12 pm »
slavery making a come back

Maybe, but I think they know they are powerless when it comes to muslims and the best way to handle it is make sure everyone is armed and given the power to kill them.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »
Maybe, but I think they know they are powerless when it comes to muslims and the best way to handle it is make sure everyone is armed and given the power to kill them.

My thoughts also.   :beer:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:40:56 pm »

Although this will inevitably result in a bunch of said Muslims being armed and given military training....

Sad that there aren't enough Swedes willing to defend their people without a draft....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43:34 pm »

Or, they read the VDH piece:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,226152.msg1063005.html#msg1063005