Author Topic: Trump's Trade Plan: Gibberish, Trade Ignorance, Growth through Protectionism  (Read 483 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump's Trade Plan:  Gibberish, Trade Ignorance, Growth through Protectionism

From The Trump Economic Plan

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Trump_Economic_Plan.pdf
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

This is one of the most economically ignorant things I've ever read. 

"Don't worry that prices will increase by 35%.  You'll have the money to cover the price increase.  Trust Donald."

The US will NEVER eliminate the trade deficit and we shouldn't want to. 

Offline LMAO

When I read this, the "every family will save $2500 a year" line pops in my head
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

Trump's Trade Plan:  Gibberish, Trade Ignorance, Growth through Protectionism

From The Trump Economic Plan

So he thinks that companies getting this corporate welfare he wants to impose will just, out of the goodness of their hearts, give employees raises out of the blue and pay above the market wage? 

Wow, I can't believe anyone buys this!

This is just plain anti-American evil.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sinkspur

So he thinks that companies getting this corporate welfare he wants to impose will just, out of the goodness of their hearts, give employees raises out of the blue and pay above the market wage? 

Wow, I can't believe anyone buys this!

This is just plain anti-American evil.

Here's a little more on Peter Navarro, the "economist" who wrote this plan:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2016/09/18/peter-navarro-is-yet-another-reason-for-republicans-to-vote-nevertrump/#29e81c785a62

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
This is one of the most economically ignorant things I've ever read. 

"Don't worry that prices will increase by 35%.  You'll have the money to cover the price increase.  Trust Donald."

The US will NEVER eliminate the trade deficit and we shouldn't want to.
Sound just like Hillary Business will just cut costs Clinton. He doesn't operate in the real world especially the world of the small business owner. It's always a little easier when you are wealthy robber baron with old money and international connections like Trump.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour