Author Topic: The Small Business Owners Trump Never Paid In Full  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Fantom

Re: The Small Business Owners Trump Never Paid In Full
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2016, 12:53:00 am »
Sorry but I see you guys as the flip side of the pro-Trumpers: willing to believe only bad things about Trump.

This is he-said she said. The courts settled this, we've really only heard one side of this. Trump said he did substandard work.

Of course you guys would take the guy's side, because you hate Trump.

I say it was apparently worked out in the justice system. Obviously if Trump was this bad I fail to see why anyone would work with the guy.

Kind of like being on the "flip side" of the pro-Hillary crowd.  :shrug:  Both are foul creatures. I stand by how most Humans view them.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2016, 11:20:20 am »

Of course you guys would take the guy's side, because you hate Trump.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with he is running to be the President of the United States,and if he wins he will have control over the nuclear launch codes. Anyone that doesn't see and understand that he is a narcissistic sociopath with the social skills of a spoiled 8 year old is both desperate and delusional.

We would be laughing at him if he were running to be the mayor of the cess pool known as NYC,or even to be Governor of California,but he's not.

Even though I am still certain he is going to drop out,the mere fact that he is in the race gives Bubbette! a free pass to be even more "out there" as a radical leftist than she would normally admit to because there can be no question that Trump's candidacy has people supporting her that may have otherwise sat this one out.

Edited to fix the quote box only - Mod2
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:22:56 pm by Mod2 »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:25 am »
Not really, assets behind legal firewall.

Second would be my "gorilla clause".  "In any dispute as to work done in manner or time, trump(customer) agrees to not sue or seek arbitration. Any attempt to do so will be paid in full by customer for any and all expenses, legal, pain and suffering of Contractor(me) as well as any unspecified damages and expenses,  incurred."

Along with..." At any time should Contractor(me) feel that Contractor is being treated in a substandard manner by Customer(trump) or any party such as Customer may send/employ. Contract may be terminated by Contractor(me) with no notice and all payments are forfeit.

I am sure it would be fun right.

Now I will never be working for him.. but I will not go hungry.

@Fantom

With those clauses that basically give you an excuse to do shoddy and incomplete work and still get paid,you wouldn't even be hired to work for me. I can't imagine any general contractor signing off on those clauses.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2016, 11:52:41 am »
This is ridiculous. We've got dozens, if not hundreds of contractors complaining about not be paid by Trump. This leads us to one of two conclusions:

1. He's a shyster who screws the little guy at the drop of a hat.

2. They all actually did shoddy work, which means Donald is such a poor businessman, that he regularly chooses the worst people when picking contractors, and his properties are all built like sh!t.

Which is it?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2016, 03:15:22 pm »
This is ridiculous. We've got dozens, if not hundreds of contractors complaining about not be paid by Trump. This leads us to one of two conclusions:

1. He's a shyster who screws the little guy at the drop of a hat.

2. They all actually did shoddy work, which means Donald is such a poor businessman, that he regularly chooses the worst people when picking contractors, and his properties are all built like sh!t.

Which is it?
Can't be #2 Trump only hires the best, just ask him.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Fantom

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:58 am »
@Fantom

With those clauses that basically give you an excuse to do shoddy and incomplete work and still get paid,you wouldn't even be hired to work for me. I can't imagine any general contractor signing off on those clauses.

My point exactly.

You see, anyone can write gorilla clauses.. and they can cut both ways. It all depends on who needs whom. Just who the "gorilla' is in the relationship.

I don't need trump, or you, for that matter. My business model is to sell 1500 hours a year. My stonework is the reason many of my customers call me the "Artist". I could do a lot of commercial if I wanted.. run 50 or more men. I choose not too.. in fact have been turning such down for decades. The last generation of my family did a lot of commercial. One Uncle even taught masonry at the local Vo-Tec for 20 plus years.

Those clauses would be what I would employ if trump..or like him, wanted to buy some of those precious few hours. Could care less if you think I would do substandard work. Were you to consider that with me.. should we ever cross paths... you have not done "due diligence".

Point being made.. is with a trump, my lawyers would make those clauses ironpruf. And trump ... or you, would pay for it.. if you wanted my work.

Either way ,I still would sell 1500 hours..... Meh.

@sneakypete

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:52:34 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2016, 02:48:51 am »
They do this because they know its hard for small companies to sue.   I've spoken with people at big companies who refuse to pay small companies just for fun.

It's so pathetic to watch those worshipful crowds at Trump rallies.  They actually think he cares about him and will keep his word.

He doesn't give a rat's rear for any of them and will abandon them without a qualm ... just as he abandoned so many small business and workers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2016, 03:01:09 am »
Shrug, lots of contractors do shady work.

He said, she said.

If you work for Trump in any capacity, get the money up front.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2016, 03:03:54 am »
Impossible to prove a negative. I saw nothing in the article proving anything either way.

Why are you so hell bent on blaming the contractors in this?  I know some possibly did poor work but, with Trump's well-documented history of lying, suing and cheating, I'm inclined to be on the small business side in this one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2016, 03:10:23 am »
Trump's supporters just look right past this.  They do not care about any of it.  They will when he turns on them.

Your comment makes me wonder.  Trump WILL turn on them without hesitation.  But they have been so worshipful ... will they be able to let themselves admit or will they continue to live in delusion?

That best thing that could happen to these Trump zombies would be for Trump to lose.  He's already put it out there that he will be cheated in the election.

That way, they can live their lives in dreams of what might have been and never have to face the horrible reality of a Trump presidency.

And Trump will be happy.  He won't have to live in those shabby digs at the White House without all that gold plating on all the furniture and he won't have to fly in Air Force One without the girls and the tanning bed. 

Everyone will be happy.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2016, 03:41:39 am »
Your comment makes me wonder.  Trump WILL turn on them without hesitation.  But they have been so worshipful ... will they be able to let themselves admit or will they continue to live in delusion?

That best thing that could happen to these Trump zombies would be for Trump to lose.  He's already put it out there that he will be cheated in the election.

That way, they can live their lives in dreams of what might have been and never have to face the horrible reality of a Trump presidency.

And Trump will be happy.  He won't have to live in those shabby digs at the White House without all that gold plating on all the furniture and he won't have to fly in Air Force One without the girls and the tanning bed. 

Everyone will be happy.

The Trumpies I've encountered will never admit they've been duped. In fact, they have already lined up scapegoats to blame, should Trump lose, or if he wins and doesn't deliver what he's promised.  And anyone who does not vote for Trump or refuses to bow down to him will be the primary targets.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2016, 03:44:19 am »
I'm still sort of surprised no one has looked into his failed Rosarita Beach Mexico development and all the American investors/Mexican businesses he hosed when that fell apart.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2016, 03:58:57 am »

LOL! He could squat and defecate on their head and they'd take it home, have it bronzed, and put it on the mantle to show off to the neighbors.

Everyone will be happy.
What was the old joke about Ross Perot? He was having a hard time selling his wife on the idea of moving into a smaller house in a rougher neighborhood?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kartographer

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2016, 04:05:44 am »
Shrug, lots of contractors do shady work.

He said, she said.

I think it says a lot about your mindset you believe in something not even in the story (Shoddy work) what was in the story, so tell us what do you base your charge of shoddy work on? Because it's The Donald we are talking about and we know he wouldn't screw somebody over even though he writes about it and has bragged about doing it. There is even one small contractor he stiffed and then offered to let them bid on another job.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:07:43 am by kartographer »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2016, 04:09:24 am »
LOL! He could squat and defecate on their head and they'd take it home, have it bronzed, and put it on the mantle to show off to the neighbors. What was the old joke about Ross Perot? He was having a hard time selling his wife on the idea of moving into a smaller house in a rougher neighborhood?

Just a a side note on the golden furniture thing.

How utterly bereft of cognitive ability does one have to be to not only believe a man who takes his dumps on a literally golden toilet...gives one of those sacred sxxts about anyone not on his economic level?

HOW?

Are we peasants supposed to look to his golden throne and say "YES!!! I shall aspire to precious metal toiletry!"

God these people are insane.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:10:26 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2016, 04:12:19 am »
I'm still sort of surprised no one has looked into his failed Rosarita Beach Mexico development and all the American investors/Mexican businesses he hosed when that fell apart.

@Norm Lenhart

Lots of people have mentioned it. I have mentioned it twice on TBR in the last couple of days,but IIRC,nobody responded.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2016, 04:17:25 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Lots of people have mentioned it. I have mentioned it twice on TBR in the last couple of days,but IIRC,nobody responded.

I havent seen it/missed it. But that one is a big problem for him if anyone looked into it. I know (well, knew really as we've been out of touch for years) quite a few of the people that took a rookin on that deal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2016, 04:24:15 am »
I havent seen it/missed it. But that one is a big problem for him if anyone looked into it. I know (well, knew really as we've been out of touch for years) quite a few of the people that took a rookin on that deal.

@Norm Lenhart

Then you probably know more about it than I do. Why not start a dedicated new thread about it?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2016, 04:28:01 am »
@Norm Lenhart

Then you probably know more about it than I do. Why not start a dedicated new thread about it?

Because we have both shown here that no one cares.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2016, 04:35:43 am »
Just a a side note on the golden furniture thing.

How utterly bereft of cognitive ability does one have to be to not only believe a man who takes his dumps on a literally golden toilet...gives one of those sacred sxxts about anyone not on his economic level?

HOW?

Are we peasants supposed to look to his golden throne and say "YES!!! I shall aspire to precious metal toiletry!"

God these people are insane.
Interestingly enough Saddam Hussein had gold toilets in at least one of his palaces. I suppose when one can defecate on that little throne, the little people don't matter much. He had a family operation, too. Uday an Qusay took care of those annoying details...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2016, 04:37:08 am »
Because we have both shown here that no one cares.
Hey! I'd read it. What am I? Chopped liver?  :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline kartographer

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2016, 04:39:05 am »
Hey! I'd read it. What am I? Chopped liver?  :laugh:

Hey I read it to so I'll be the chopped liver you be the onions!
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2016, 04:41:14 am »
Hey I read it to so I'll be the chopped liver you be the onions!
888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2016, 04:56:56 am »
888high58888

Trump got a lot of people to invest in his Rosarito Beach development using the Trump University methodology.

The wanabee shakedown artist got shaken down by the traditional Mexican graft/pay to play system that depleted all the investors cash. The moment he ran out of other peoples' money, he shut the project down and left both investors and mexican workers in the lurch.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2016, 05:12:35 am »
Trump got a lot of people to invest in his Rosarito Beach development using the Trump University methodology.

The wanabee shakedown artist got shaken down by the traditional Mexican graft/pay to play system that depleted all the investors cash. The moment he ran out of other peoples' money, he shut the project down and left both investors and mexican workers in the lurch.
Is that this one?
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-donald-trump-settles-baja-mexico-condo-resort-lawsuit-20131127-story.html

or this one?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/realestate/buyers-still-feel-burned-by-donald-trump-after-tampa-condo-tower-failure/2239499

Or this?

https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/market-insight/carters-view/behind-the-buildings/trump-soho-reportedly-offering-some-condo-buyers-half-their-deposits-back/2078

or these?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/03/not-comprehensive-history-trump-business-deals-gone-wrong

Sorry, it is hard to keep it straight. I don't think that many people got screwed at Woodstock, and it darned sure cost them less...

C S Lewis