Author Topic: Reuters Poll: Trump Likely to Win Florida  (Read 1832 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reuters Poll: Trump Likely to Win Florida
« on: September 17, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »

Newsmax
Reuters Poll: Trump Likely to Win Florida
Friday, September 16, 2016 10:28 PM

By: REUTERS

An election analysis conducted in the Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project shows that the race has tightened considerably over the past few weeks, with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump projected to win Florida, an essential battleground state, if the election were held today.

The project, which is based on a weekly tracking poll of more than 15,000 Americans, shows that the 2016 presidential race could end in a photo finish on Nov. 8, with the major-party candidates running nearly even in the Electoral College, the body that ultimately selects the president.

The States of the Nation project, which delivers a weekly tally of support for the candidates in every state, shows that the race has tightened in several traditional battlegrounds. Pennsylvania has been moved from a likely win for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton to a tossup; Ohio has been moved from a tossup to a likely win for Clinton. And Florida is now considered a likely win for the Republican nominee, with 50 percent support for Trump to 46 percent support for Clinton.

If the election were held today, the project estimates that Clinton has a 60 percent chance of winning by 18 electoral votes. Last week, the project estimated that Clinton had a 83 percent chance of winning the election.

In a separate national Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll, Clinton continues to lead Trump by 4 percentage points, and her recent bout with pneumonia doesn't appear to have scared away her supporters.

The national Sept. 9-15 tracking poll showed that 42 percent of likely voters supported Clinton while 38 percent backed Trump. Clinton, who has mostly led Trump in the poll since the Democratic and Republican national conventions ended in July, regained the advantage this week after her lead briefly faded in late August.

Clinton has an advantage among minorities, women, people who make more than $75,000 a year, and those with moderate political leanings. Trump has an advantage with whites, men, avid churchgoers, and people who are nearing retirement age.

LITTLE CONCERN OVER CANDIDATES' HEALTH

Overall, Americans appear to be relatively uninspired by their choices for president with less than eight weeks to go before the election. One out of every five likely voters said they do not support Clinton or Trump for president. In comparison, about one out of every 10 likely voters wouldn't support Obama or Republican challenger Mitt Romney at a similar point in the 2012 presidential campaign.

Respondents took the survey after video surfaced of Clinton nearly collapsing at a Sept. 11 memorial in New York on Sunday. Her campaign later said she had a non-contagious, bacterial form of pneumonia.

The video sparked a renewed discussion about the health of both candidates. Trump, 70, would be the oldest president to take office, while Clinton, 68, would be the second oldest.

Clinton and Trump candidates have since released details of their personal health. Clinton's doctors said her physical exam was normal, apart from the pneumonia, and that she was in excellent mental condition. Trump released a note from his doctor saying that he was in "excellent physical health."

Americans do not appear to be overly concerned with the health of either candidate. According to a separate question in the poll conducted this week, most American adults said the issue would make "no difference" to how they voted.

A negligible percentage of Clinton supporters said concerns about her health made them "less likely" to vote for her.

Clinton led all candidates in a four-way poll of likely voters that included Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party and Jill Stein of the Green Party. Seven percent of respondents supported Johnson, and 2 percent backed Stein.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll is conducted online in English in all 50 states. The latest horserace poll surveyed 1,579 likely voters over the past week. The question on the candidates' health surveyed 1,179 American adults from Sept. 12-16. Both polls had a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 3 percentage points.

National polls have produced varying measurements of support during the 2016 campaign for Clinton and Trump. The differences are partly due to the fact that some polls, like Reuters/Ipsos, try to include only likely voters, while others include all registered voters. The Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll gathers responses every day and reports results twice a week, so it often detects trends in sentiment before most other polls.

Polling aggregators, which calculate averages of major polls, have shown that Clinton's lead over Trump has been shrinking this month. The most recent individual polls put Clinton's advantage at 1 or 2 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=748754
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Reuters Poll: Trump Likely to Win Florida
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:52:36 pm »
Still waiting for the debates before I put any stock in polls right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »
Misleading headline:

with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump projected to win Florida, an essential battleground state, if the election were held today.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 03:14:38 pm »
Still waiting for the debates before I put any stock in polls right now.

If Trump carries Fla, IMO, it's unlikely  any of the western states, save the west coast, will go Clinton.

Trump will either win by carrying the GWB states or Hillary wins carrying the Obama states
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 03:17:17 pm »
I think Trump has a big surprise waiting for him in Florida from what has historically been a solidly GOP voting block.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Axel

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »
I think Trump has a big surprise waiting for him in Florida from what has historically been a solidly GOP voting block.

Wishful thinking at its finest.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 03:30:45 pm »

A whole lot of that going around.  Larry Sabato was just on CNN, said his "Crystal Ball" group found that the candidate who is in the news suffers at the polls.

Guess who's in the news again?

Offline Axel

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 03:38:22 pm »
A whole lot of that going around.  Larry Sabato was just on CNN, said his "Crystal Ball" group found that the candidate who is in the news suffers at the polls.

Guess who's in the news again?

I agree with you, there is a lot of wishful thinking going on.

Larry Sabato's "Crystal Ball" also predicted Barack Obama would defeat Mitt Romney. You didn't seem to care about that when you predicted Romney would win just a couple of weeks out from Election Day.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »
I agree with you, there is a lot of wishful thinking going on.

Larry Sabato's "Crystal Ball" also predicted Barack Obama would defeat Mitt Romney. You didn't seem to care about that when you predicted Romney would win just a couple of weeks out from Election Day.

LOL!  So you're saying Sabato's pretty reliable.  He's still predicting Hillary will win.

Offline Axel

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 03:46:07 pm »
LOL!  So you're saying Sabato's pretty reliable.  He's still predicting Hillary will win.

No, I never made any such statement. Stop obfuscating.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »

I'll let others judge.

Five reasons why Trumpkins support  Trump:

5 they got suckered and are now trapped
4 they're gullible
3 they're blind partisans
2 BUT HILLARY
1 nothing matters
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 03:50:06 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Axel

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 03:59:25 pm »
I'll let others judge.

Five reasons why Trumpkins support  Trump:

5 they got suckered and are now trapped
4 they're gullible
3 they're blind partisans
2 BUT HILLARY
1 nothing matters

More obfuscation.

All news sources are legitimate if they support your world view, but if not, they're casually disregarded.

Like this quote of yours regarding the AP's correct prediction that Obama had sewn up the electoral college before election day.

Oct 29, 2012

Exactly.  The GOP is forecast to pick up at least five more governorships, including North Carolina. 

Yet the ridiculous AP forecast this morning that the Gutter Rat has the 270 electoral votes in hand to be re-elected.

Yes, that forecast was very ridiculous. So was Sabato's prediction that Obama would win as well. EXCEPT THIS YEAR!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 04:36:23 pm »

Let's see, I'm in SoFla, I'm part of that voting block, so is a huge portion of my circle of friends and family, but I'm engaging in wishful thinking.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 04:51:39 pm »
More obfuscation.

All news sources are legitimate if they support your world view, but if not, they're casually disregarded.

Like this quote of yours regarding the AP's correct prediction that Obama had sewn up the electoral college before election day.

Yes, that forecast was very ridiculous. So was Sabato's prediction that Obama would win as well. EXCEPT THIS YEAR!

I live rent free in your head and in your signature.  Impressive.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

Ah... that's exactly what you said.

Offline Axel

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:10 pm »
Let's see, I'm in SoFla, I'm part of that voting block, so is a huge portion of my circle of friends and family, but I'm engaging in wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking, just like I said. While polls have well documented flaws, I trust them far more than your personal anecdotes.

Offline Axel

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:37 pm »
Ah... that's exactly what you said.

No, I didn't.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »
Polls are meaningless. 

The only thing that is certain is the next POTUS will be a New York liberal.

January 20, 2017 will be a sad day for America.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 08:15:30 pm »
Polls are meaningless. 

The only thing that is certain is the next POTUS will be a New York liberal.

January 20, 2017 will be a sad day for America.

Americans voting Trump are looking to the future with a renewed spirit of optimism. Shame you can't feel it.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »
Americans voting Trump are looking to the future with a renewed spirit of optimism. Shame you can't feel it.

Shame?

It's a shame so many were so easily fooled into believing a man who has spent his entire adult life as a liberal has somehow and miraculously changed into something his long history proves him not to be.

Hillary and Trump are both lying, New York liberals; there is little difference between the two.  It's a shame you're not capable of seeing that.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 01:34:02 am »

People who voted for Obama eight years ago were doing the same thing.