Author Topic: It’s All Fun and Games, Until Someone Unleashes Death Squads  (Read 7168 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: It’s All Fun and Games, Until Someone Unleashes Death Squads
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 04:47:32 am »
This is just another attempt to pile up trash to obscure the truth.

Is the truth that one, indeed you, wants to get into wars that fuel terrorism and persecutes different groups of people including Christians? That sounds like what the trash is covering up with you and your incoherent arguments.  Nothing wrong with non-interventionism, did not know you were such a hawk.

Is that all you can do is sling mud? It works both ways.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2016, 04:51:35 am »
I'd like to see proof that Buckley forced Buchanan out of the party for politically correct reasons of whatever.

Looks like Honest John should consider changing his screen name to dishonest John.

Buchanan Explains Why He Left Republican Party

MATT LAUER, co-host:

A Republican mainstay for more than three decades, Pat Buchanan announced Monday that he has officially abandoned the GOP and will seek the Reform Party's Presidential nomination.

Mr. PAT BUCHANAN: So let me say to the money boys and the Beltway elites who think that at long last they have pulled up the drawbridge and locked us out forever, you don't know this peasant army. We have not yet begun to fight.

LAUER: Pat Buchanan. Good morning.

Mr.BUCHANAN (Reform Party Presidential Candidate): Good morning, Matt. That was a good line.

LAUER: Yeah. Your writers should be credited for that one. You were on this program about a month ago talking about your possible decision to switch to the Reform Party. Why the timing? Why now?

Mr. BUCHANAN: Well, I waited and I wanted to mull it over in my mind and consider everything, Matt, whether I would hurt the causes I believed in. And I came to a conclusion that the things I believe in and fight for, an America First foreign policy, an end to these NAFTA trade deals that are selling out American workers. These ideas are not represented by the elites of either national party. And if I don't do it, the folks I represent will not get a hearing in the politics of 2000. That's what finally, I think, brought me across the line.

LAUER: An independent run for President generally depends on a certain amount of discontent in the nation for the other two parties. A lot of people are saying there is not that widespread discontent in this country right now, that you will have a difficult time attracting even say 19 percent of the vote, which Ross Perot got when he ran--what was it--in 1992.

Mr. BUCHANAN: All right. Well, that's where we would have a disagreement with the assessment. I think when you've got the American people down to 50 percent of them voting now--and it's falling every year--when you get folks saying, ‘We're dissatisfied with the Republican Congress’. We think that Clinton let us down, that this was appalling,' American people are disgusted by what's going on in Washington.

LAUER: But they are also saying it's the economy, as they've been saying for years and years, and right now a lot of people are very content with the way the economy's running.

Mr. BUCHANAN: Well, they--some people really ought to be content. You and I, Matt, who probably got good stock options and retirement plans and benefit plans, we're doing well. But let me tell you something. You go out and talk to those farmers. Every single farmer in America is making less for his products and commodities than it's costing him to produce them. They're going under left and right. Talk to those textile workers in the Carolinas. Talk to some of those steel--I mean, some of those folks down at the John Deere plant in Gastonia whose plant's been moved to North Carolina. Half or more of this country is left out of the great banquet, Matt, and those are the folks we're going to try to represent.

LAUER: Right.

http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=3176

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 04:52:54 am »
No it's not, attack the message, who cares what your personal opinion is on the messenger. That is it if you don't like a long-winded statement.

You rely on a homophobe and segregationist for what you are saying, might as well say that says a lot about you.

You just can't stop lying. 

By the late 1960s, Buckley had abandoned his segregationist views.  He had started to recant his earlier position in the mid-1960s.  A large part of it was seeing other segregationists in action.  It forced him to witness exactly how wrong his original views were... and he did the right thing; he abandoned them.

Something Buchanon has never done.  He's only gotten worse with time.

Source:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Buckley_Jr.#Views_on_segregation_in_the_South

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 05:03:04 am »
I'd like to see proof that Buckley forced Buchanan out of the party for politically correct reasons of whatever.

Looks like Honest John should consider changing his screen name to dishonest John.

http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=3176

Hey Tommy Terrific. Can you tell me who wrote this about Heir Buchanan?

“Buchanan winks at barbarism in his new book, There is no other way to describe his views. Buchanan argues that we should have ignored Hitler’s rampage to Eastern Europe during World War II. Hitler meant us no harm, Buchanan says. The same man who argued forcefully — and in my opinion correctly — that we should not give an inch during the Cold War is now saying in effect that Hitler should have been appeased."

“Buchanan has enjoyed a long psychic friendship with Hitler, whom he has called ‘an individual of great courage, a soldier’s soldier and a leader steeped in the history of Europe, He also warns his followers that the United States is controlled by Jews, especially regarding foreign policy. On slow days, he attacks gays, immigrants, welfare recipients, even Zulus. When cornered, he says he’s misunderstood.Buchanan is rewriting history and spreading fear for one purpose: To gain political power. That makes him a very dangerous man.”

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 05:07:29 am »
You just can't stop lying. 

By the late 1960s, Buckley had abandoned his segregationist views.  He had started to recant his earlier position in the mid-1960s.  A large part of it was seeing other segregationists in action.  It forced him to witness exactly how wrong his original views were... and he did the right thing; he abandoned them.

Something Buchanon has never done.  He's only gotten worse with time.

Source:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Buckley_Jr.#Views_on_segregation_in_the_South

Again, I only pointed out that all you can do is attack the messenger. Pat Buchanan has books published by respected publishers, appears on respected TV shows.  Attends the Catholic Church, receives Communion. I don't see any problem here.

Again, let's make sure now, one has to accuse another of lying because they obviously told a falsehood, a big fib,  that William Buckley hounded Pat Buchanan out of the Republican Party, apparently Buchanan left of his own accord to run for President.  But we all may have problems with what we say. Nonetheless, Buckley stood up for segregation, I have not seen this charge on Buchanan, whether Buckley later abandoned his position, comfortably many years later when such views were then, not in vogue.

This is a discussion forum so don't berate or deride others if you simply can not put together more than a few sentences.

These links to VDare or whatever, do not mean anything any more than if one condemned this forum because someone spoke badly here. I have seen those links before, Pat Buchanan does not own Vdare, they may post some of his columns just like Alan Keyes' organization, Keyes is a black man, Renew America.  http://renewamerica.com/

Offline DB

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 05:17:28 am »
Again, I only pointed out that all you can do is attack the messenger. Pat Buchanan has books published by respected publishers, appears on respected TV shows.  Attends the Catholic Church, receives Communion. I don't see any problem here.

Again, let's make sure now, one has to accuse another of lying because they obviously told a falsehood, a big fib,  that William Buckley hounded Pat Buchanan out of the Republican Party, apparently Buchanan left of his own accord to run for President.  But we all may have problems with what we say. Nonetheless, Buckley stood up for segregation, I have not seen this charge on Buchanan, whether Buckley later abandoned his position, comfortably many years later when such views were then, not in vogue.

This is a discussion forum so don't berate or deride others if you simply can not put together more than a few sentences.

These links to VDare or whatever, do not mean anything any more than if one condemned this forum because someone spoke badly here. I have seen those links before, Pat Buchanan does not own Vdare, they may post some of his columns just like Alan Keyes' organization, Keyes is a black man, Renew America.  http://renewamerica.com/

No, it is attacking the message. Buchanan's message in this case.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2016, 05:27:50 am »
Jesse Jackson used a phrase I will not mention years ago.

Should that dispel everything he has ever done? Hardly.

He is an icon in the African American community, was there when Dr. King was assassinated. Hopefully, no one will make hateful statements on that.

The race-baiters are a joke.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 05:29:45 am »
Jesse Jackson used a phrase I will not mention years ago.

Should that dispel everything he has ever done? Hardly.

He is an icon in the African American community, was there when Dr. King was assassinated. Hopefully, no one will make hateful statements on that.

The race-baiters are a joke.

Waiting Tommy. Still waiting....

“Buchanan winks at barbarism in his new book, There is no other way to describe his views. Buchanan argues that we should have ignored Hitler’s rampage to Eastern Europe during World War II. Hitler meant us no harm, Buchanan says. The same man who argued forcefully — and in my opinion correctly — that we should not give an inch during the Cold War is now saying in effect that Hitler should have been appeased."

“Buchanan has enjoyed a long psychic friendship with Hitler, whom he has called ‘an individual of great courage, a soldier’s soldier and a leader steeped in the history of Europe, He also warns his followers that the United States is controlled by Jews, especially regarding foreign policy. On slow days, he attacks gays, immigrants, welfare recipients, even Zulus. When cornered, he says he’s misunderstood.Buchanan is rewriting history and spreading fear for one purpose: To gain political power. That makes him a very dangerous man.”

Offline DB

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2016, 05:35:53 am »
Waiting Tommy. Still waiting....

That's going to leave a mark...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2016, 05:39:45 am »
http://www.newsweek.com/pat-buchanan-anti-semitic-201176

This article from Newsweek describes the tiff between Buchanan and Buckley but even away from Buckley, Michael Savage, banned from the UK for awhile for inflammatory speech by the way, accuses Buchanan of being anti-Semitic.

Nonetheless, people have their views and I'm not always game to go accusing others of discrimination based on small details. Sure, someone like Krauthammer may have been singled out by Buchanan but on the other hand, there was indeed, a war in Israel's neighborhood. To be weary of those who have direct ties to that area versus say an Alexander Haig with no ties is a bit of a judgement call. People grow up in different times, are exposed to things, I don't think it's always right to just accuse people of being bigoted.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2016, 05:43:45 am »
JFK in a biography on him, used in fact, some racial epithets, one can read that for themselves on whether they want to believe it.

Some go as far as to say JFK admired Hitler.

It was a different time, he did not know better, Father Joe Kennedy is widely regarded as, at least having had some Pro-German sympathies, that's a matter for historians.

Honest John now bringing into the equation "But he changed his mind 20 years later" is a feeble excuse, they did it.

It was wrong, they lived in different times.

I'm certainly not going to be the PC police and now condemn this nor one of America's greatest presidents in the eyes of many. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:44:11 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 05:45:25 am »
"Bedtime for Bonzo" was a movie with Reagan in it, if folks don't believe the same things were tried and done to Reagan and more, they don't know their history.

Offline DB

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 05:46:42 am »
JFK in a biography on him, used in fact, some racial epithets, one can read that for themselves on whether they want to believe it.

It was a different time, he did not know better, Father Joe Kennedy is widely regarded as, at least having had some Pro-German sympathies, that's a matter for historians.

Honest John now bringing into the equation "But he changed his mind 20 years later" is a feeble excuse, they did it.

I'm certainly not going to be the PC police and now condemn this nor one of America's greatest presidents in the eyes of many.

You're still dancing around Frank Cannon's question. Why is that?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:55 am »
http://www.newsweek.com/pat-buchanan-anti-semitic-201176

This article from Newsweek describes the tiff between Buchanan and Buckley but even away from Buckley, Michael Savage, banned from the UK for awhile for inflammatory speech by the way, accuses Buchanan of being anti-Semitic.

Nonetheless, people have their views and I'm not always game to go accusing others of discrimination based on small details. Sure, someone like Krauthammer may have been singled out by Buchanan but on the other hand, there was indeed, a war in Israel's neighborhood. To be weary of those who have direct ties to that area versus say an Alexander Haig with no ties is a bit of a judgement call. People grow up in different times, are exposed to things, I don't think it's always right to just accuse people of being bigoted.

Tom Boy. You can run but you can't hide from my quote. Are you genuinely ignorant and don't know who said such nasty things about your pal Pat or do you know and are fully aware that the hammer of Thor will crash down on you if you admit it?

Offline DB

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 05:49:40 am »
"Bedtime for Bonzo" was a movie with Reagan in it, if folks don't believe the same things were tried and done to Reagan and more, they don't know their history.

I doubt you are old enough to have voted for Reagan. I was and did. So many of us "know" our history. Trump and Reagan are polar opposites on many fronts.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 05:55:17 am »
I doubt you are old enough to have voted for Reagan. I was and did. So many of us "know" our history. Trump and Reagan are polar opposites on many fronts.

Apparently my quote is like garlic to vampires. Tommy Terrific decided to leave the building in the hopes I don't follow his posts with it tomorrow when he wakes up bright and early to spam the board.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 06:00:39 am »

I am old enough to have voted for President Reagan.   I worked on his 1976 campaign and 1980 campaigns. 

Those who attempt to compare RR to the New York turd Trump have no clue who Reagan was.  Indeed, the men were polar opposites.

geronl

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 10:40:17 am »
IIRC, there were a couple of FReepers who retired to the Philippines. I wonder how they are doing in all this?

I guess the part which still amazes me is the way Trump people have maligned and even threatened those past and present GOP voters who won't support him. I haven't heard such threats for Hillary supporters yet.

True, you never hear them make such vicious threats against the left.

Online LMAO

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 11:07:12 am »
I am old enough to have voted for President Reagan.   I worked on his 1976 campaign and 1980 campaigns. 

Those who attempt to compare RR to the New York turd Trump have no clue who Reagan was.  Indeed, the men were polar opposites.

@Vulcan

I also worked on Reagan's 1980 campaign as part of a local group. And TomSea is partially right that some of the same things they are saying about Trump were said about Reagan.

The difference is Reagan didn't spend his campaign re affirming things that were said about him. Trump is no Reagan. Trump is closer to LBJ

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:16:57 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 11:10:59 am »

@DB

For those of us who remember the 1980 campaign, Reagan talked very often of the concept of individual liberty and limited government. In fact, the issue amongst the pundits at that time was could Reagan's conservative message win especially after Goldwater's landslide defeat in 1964.

Tom is attempting a little bit of revisionism here

Now, I'm not going to latch on to the idea that Trump is going to unleash vigilantes to go after all those that disagree with him. But some of the rhetoric coming from some of his supporters is very disconcerting. However, it will be interesting to watch what a President Trump does when/if the House of Representatives opposes one of his budgets or his big government ideas 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:16:18 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

HonestJohn

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 07:02:06 pm »
Hey Tommy Terrific. Can you tell me who wrote this about Heir Buchanan?

Take a gander at this:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,225222.msg1056611.html#msg1056611
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:05:07 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 08:03:48 pm »
President Duterte has been adamant about the following:

1) The Death Squads are not his and any operations he commands are legitimate police arrests. The police only kill when those being arrested are shooting back.

2) The extra-judicial killings going on around the Philippines are as a result of drug gangs unleashing their own death squads on each other as they realize that some drug peddlers, dealers etc. are about to squeal on them.

3) As for "hating America", he claims he doesn't hate America, however he still believes that America has no standing to lecture him about "Human Rights" when they slaughtered thousands and caused the deaths of nearly a million Filipinos during the Philippine-American War: 1899 to 1901

4) He wants the US military to leave the Southern part of the Philippines ( where the Muslim insurgency under the ISIS inspired Abu-Sayef is festering ), the reason being --- he thinks that American presence will only complicate things for Americans living in the Philippines, making them targets for hostage taking.

Whether he's telling the truth is ... well depends on how credible you think he is.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2016, 08:05:19 pm »

But he changed his mind 4 years ago is an awesome reason to vote for Trump.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline CSM

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »

Can we say the same for Trump?  If it is good for Trump that he changed his mind from his leftist positions, should it not also be OK for others?

Offline CSM

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 08:22:48 pm »
But he changed his mind 4 years ago is an awesome reason to vote for Trump.  :whistle:

:thumbsup3: