Author Topic: Mike Pence Returns to Washington to Court Ted Cruz, Address Doubts  (Read 1982 times)

Online corbe

Mike Pence Returns to Washington to Court Ted Cruz, Address Doubts
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/09/13/mike-pence-returns-to-washington-to-court-ted-cruz-address-doubts/

Mr. Pence sat down with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who lost the Republican presidential nomination to Mr. Trump but whose endorsement could help boost the Republican nominee’s standing with conservatives. Mr. Cruz was famously booed at the party’s convention in July after he declined to endorse Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cruz didn’t respond to questions about whether he was any closer to endorsing his former rival. But he did lend a hand to the Republican nominee by echoing his attacks of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s recent description of some Trump supporters as a “basket of deplorables.” Mr. Cruz said: “That level of contempt from a candidate for the people is really disappointing. It’s a level of condescension.”

Of the meeting with Mr. Pence, Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

<snip>
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Mike Pence Returns to Washington to Court Ted Cruz, Address Doubts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:00:12 pm »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/09/13/mike-pence-returns-to-washington-to-court-ted-cruz-address-doubts/

Mr. Pence sat down with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who lost the Republican presidential nomination to Mr. Trump but whose endorsement could help boost the Republican nominee’s standing with conservatives. Mr. Cruz was famously booed at the party’s convention in July after he declined to endorse Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cruz didn’t respond to questions about whether he was any closer to endorsing his former rival. But he did lend a hand to the Republican nominee by echoing his attacks of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s recent description of some Trump supporters as a “basket of deplorables.” Mr. Cruz said: “That level of contempt from a candidate for the people is really disappointing. It’s a level of condescension.”

Of the meeting with Mr. Pence, Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

<snip>

Interesting...........

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »
Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

This is Moral Character.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »
Mr. Cruz said: ”It was a very very good meeting. Mike Pence is a good man. He’s a friend. He’s a strong conservative. I was grateful for his strong leadership and his strong support. We had a good and productive conversation.”

This is Moral Character.

I rarely disagree with Cruz. this is one of those times. Pence has a record. It is not strongly conservative. Pence is not a good man. He sided with a Leftist Clinton donor.

While I understand why Cruz said it, it was wrong for him to flatly lie. Thats what Trump does.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:08:08 pm »
Don't do it, Ted.  Don't do it.

He won't!

It's not in his CONSCIENCE.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:10:41 pm »

This is Moral Character.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:14:34 pm »
I'm with you.  But way back in congress I guess his record was pretty conservative.  He has squished just like so many of them do.

Some things arent 'overlookable'. especially when they are recent and consistent. Like most in DC, he simply flushed his credentials as a conservative. Much like the ... (clears throat)..American...eham...'conservative'...(cough) voter the past few elections.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 10:15:11 pm »
I rarely disagree with Cruz. this is one of those times. Pence has a record. It is not strongly conservative. Pence is not a good man. He sided with a Leftist Clinton donor.

While I understand why Cruz said it, it was wrong for him to flatly lie. Thats what Trump does.

@Norm Lenhart

I see your point Norm, but he didn't come hat in hand to Pence, Pence came to him.  He had only 3 alternatives, say nothing (best), flatter the Man or call him a sell out with an ugly wife who's second cousin was in on the McKinley assassination. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:16:38 pm by corbe »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:17:50 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

I see your point Norm, but he didn't come hat in hand to Pence, Pence came to him.  He had only 3 alternatives, say nothing (best), flatter the Man or call him a sell out with an ugly wife who's who's second cousin was in on the McKinley assassination.

Like I said, I understand the 'why'. But it was still wrong of him. He's a man that prides himself on honesty. Saying nice things about a person that the facts show to be false may be politically correct, literally in this case. But it is not helping America to say nice things about proven liberals.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 10:22:35 pm »

Cruz gave Pence a far heartier endorsement than Pence gave him - on the eve of the Indiana primary.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:03 pm »
Cruz gave Pence a far heartier endorsement than Pence gave him - on the eve of the Indiana primary.

Inviting knives in ones back is always a bad idea. No good comes from praising liberals. Ever.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 10:32:21 pm »
The most disgusting thing about this is the apparently unshakable belief that we are sheep who just need Ted Cruz to lead us to join Trump's flock.

I guess if sheep are all you know its easy to assume that all others are sheep as well.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:37 pm »
The most disgusting thing about this is the apparently unshakable belief that we are sheep who just need Ted Cruz to lead us to join Trump's flock.

I guess if sheep are all you know its easy to assume that all others are sheep as well.

Yes indeed but since the American voter proves it every election, you can't blame liberals for taking advantage of them.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
   I would be 10X more Disappointed in Sen. Cruz than Norm is with this 'current' statement were he to Endorse Trump, It would have no baring on my non-vote and I would probably still vote for his reelection in 2018, but I would be tremendously disappointed in him and realize that I got 'SOLD'  a bill of goods, just like the rest of the GOP has bought into now.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:55 pm »
Pence knows Cruz plays dirty, his campaign smeared Rubio as saying "no answers are in the Bible" and the Cruz campaign additionally lied saying Kasich was receiving Soros money, both incidences the Cruz campaign apologized for.

This above is not moral character.

Offline beandog

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
Pence knows Cruz plays dirty, his campaign smeared Rubio as saying "no answers are in the Bible" and the Cruz campaign additionally lied saying Kasich was receiving Soros money, both incidences the Cruz campaign apologized for.

Anyone supporting the Donald has no right to talk about anybody's moral character, since the Donald has absolutely none.  How many wives has he cheated on, and how many wives of other men has he cheated with.

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 10:50:50 pm »

Sorry Tom, nice try, but these facts are not in evidence (completely 'out of context').

Regardless anyone on the trump train cannot lecture me on Moral Equivalence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 10:54:26 pm »
Anyone supporting the Donald has no right to talk about anybody's moral character, since the Donald has absolutely none.  How many wives has he cheated on, and how many wives of other men has he cheated with.

Remember when they said of Trump "He fights!" and he's a streetfighter who isn't afraid to get dirty.

They've been replaced by a bunch of mewling little babies who whine constantly. Maybe they're colicky or teething.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 11:15:48 pm »
Remember when they said of Trump "He fights!" and he's a streetfighter who isn't afraid to get dirty.

They've been replaced by a bunch of mewling little babies who whine constantly. Maybe they're colicky or teething.

:beer:

Right, then along comes a trumpansie to illuminate just why trump is one that cannot be voted for.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »

<snip>

Cruz gave a response that was refined, but didn't reveal a whole lot, yet did manage to point out Hillary's shortcomings.  I think this is going to be as much of an endorsement from Ted as Trump/Pence is going to get.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:41:36 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:36 am »
See, here we are, mid-September... Just like the last three elections, they are figuring out that their !UP! The Middle strategy is not working.

Thus the new run at the Evangelicals
Thus the new run at Cruz.
Thus all the talk of making nice.

They know they don't have Conservatives, and are beginning to admit they need em.

Which will inevitably turn into begging and pleading in the next two weeks.
Which will inevitably fail with every bit the surety of McCain, and Romney, but perhaps even more resoundingly.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 12:43:34 am »
See, here we are, mid-September... Just like the last three elections, they are figuring out that their !UP! The Middle strategy is not working.

Thus the new run at the Evangelicals
Thus the new run at Cruz.
Thus all the talk of making nice.

They know they don't have Conservatives, and are beginning to admit they need em.

Which will inevitably turn into begging and pleading in the next two weeks.
Which will inevitably fail with every bit the surety of McCain, and Romney, but perhaps even more resoundingly.

@roamer_1

And to remedy that problem they will replace reisus pieces  with George Pataki realizing they just weren't NY enuf.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:59 am »
And to remedy that problem they will replace reisus pieces  with George Pataki realizing they just weren't NY enuf.

I'm done figuring they're ever gonna learn. I've gone elsewhere (Constitution Party).

If they want the Conservatives to vote for em, they know what to do.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 12:50:58 am »
Cruz ... you owe Trump the POS nothing.  Tell Pence to give Trump a full box of "FU's"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 03:35:57 am »
Cruz ... you owe Trump the POS nothing.  Tell Pence to give Trump a full box of "FU's"

??? Cruz has too much 'class' and integrity to lower himself to Trump's standards.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.