Author Topic: NeverTrumpers and the Future of the Republic  (Read 2342 times)

Offline unknown

NeverTrumpers and the Future of the Republic
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:32:39 am »

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/264127/nevertrumpers-and-future-republic-michael-finch

A matter of integrity….or hubris?

September 9, 2016
Michael Finch

Many NeverTrumpers espouse the sentiment that, by not voting for Trump, they are keeping their integrity intact and staying true to their principles.  Good Lord, the high mightiness of it all.

Is this really a matter of integrity?  Or is it hubris?

A Union was forged despite the vast gulf between those dedicated to freedom and those supporting slavery, solely because the Founders were men that were able to set aside their differences and their own stances of principle and pride.  Oh that we had such men with us today that were not easily consumed by their own hubris.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline kartographer

Re: NeverTrumpers and the Future of the Republic
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 05:43:18 am »
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:16:26 am »
Is this really a matter of integrity?

Yes, this really is a matter of integrity - something you know nothing of.

A Union was forged despite the vast gulf between those dedicated to freedom and those supporting slavery, solely because the Founders were men that were able to set aside their differences and their own stances of principle and pride.  Oh that we had such men with us today that were not easily consumed by their own hubris.

Actually, we do.  We have plenty here who, like our founding fathers, held the Constitution supreme.  The same Constitution that Donald Trump holds in contempt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:17:45 am »

Many NeverTrumpers espouse the sentiment that, by not voting for Trump, they are keeping their integrity intact and staying true to their principles.  Good Lord, the high mightiness of it all.

Is this really a matter of integrity?  Or is it hubris?

Give it up already!  Trump and his militants have REPEATEDLY told us that we principled Conservatives are irrelevant; we are minuscule and unimportant; that our votes were not needed nor wanted - and yet day after day, week after week now, we have to keep reading this sickening tripe from the worshippers of Trump that make NeverTrumpers their sole focus of attempted shaming and ridicule.

The hubris is thinking you can insult, shame or intimidate someone into dumping their principles to cast a vote for the NY Liberal Democrat running on the Republican ticket.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:28:51 am »
Give it up already!  Trump and his militants have REPEATEDLY told us that we principled Conservatives are irrelevant; we are minuscule and unimportant; that our votes were not needed nor wanted - and yet day after day, week after week now, we have to keep reading this sickening tripe from the worshippers of Trump that make NeverTrumpers their sole focus of attempted shaming and ridicule.

The hubris is thinking you can insult, shame or intimidate someone into dumping their principles to cast a vote for the NY Liberal Democrat running on the Republican ticket.

:tongue2:

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:33:00 am »

Those who have sacrificed their principles in supporting the New York liberal found it easy and believe we should too.

It's not going to happen, not with me.  I don't vote for liberals, especially a man who entered the race to ensure a Clinton victory.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:36:14 am »

Yeah….

That's what I figured.

It's all you got.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 12:06:08 pm »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline unknown

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 03:47:58 pm »
Yeah….

That's what I figured.

It's all you got.

:silly:

That's all I need.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 05:34:52 pm »
:silly:

That's all I need.

What are you?  12?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 07:05:46 pm »
Trump is immoral, filthy, liberal vermin.

These kinds of articles only rouse his cult.

Trump is a pile of CRAP, he is not the country.

Offline unknown

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »
What are you?  12?

Naw, a little older than that, but 12 seems to be all that you #NeverTrump and go Hillary go snowflake types can emotional handle. Now go find your safespace and shelter in place for a while.

Offline unknown

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

There out again!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 09:24:51 pm »
Naw, a little older than that, but 12 seems to be all that you #NeverTrump and go Hillary go snowflake types can emotional handle. Now go find your safespace and shelter in place for a while.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 09:26:00 pm »

You just refuse to get it, don't you?  We realize that Trump and Clinton are two peas from the same pod, and we refuse to support either.  While you seem to have decided that your "big man" will do whatever you think best (against all the evidence).  If Trump should win the election, you're going to be sorely disappointed (or should I say, butthurt?).
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 09:28:12 pm »

“Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company.”

G. Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:46 pm »
Oh no! Michael Finch has his panties in a bunch. First off who the hell is Michael Finch and secondly why should I care?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 09:34:16 pm »
Oh no! Michael Finch has his panties in a bunch. First off who the hell is Michael Finch and secondly why should I care?

Don't know, don't care.  I'll vote for the best candidate to hold the office, regardless of whether I think he'll win or not.  It's the only thing a principled voter can do.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

Hilarious coming from a person who thinks a raspberries emoticon is a cogent rebuttal and then accuses the very people he targets with being snowflakes needing safespaces when it is the Trump Militant that are the only group on this board that have such safe spaces, and they are the only bunch of 8 who routinely bitcvh and moan to the mods because they are offended at everything that is negative about their prince being posted.

Methinks you projecteth too much.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 01:28:59 am »

Not that I would ever consider myself a Hamiltonian, but:

Offline rodamala

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:06 am »
Trump?  Clinton?

Besides being able to shoot my shotgun in the air to scare off murders and father rapers... and going out with my musket to shoot Bambi's mom to feed my family... Trump and Clinton are 2 more good reasons the framers included 2A in the Bill of Rights.

Online libertybele

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 03:18:00 am »
NOT voting for Trump or Clinton our Republic has a slight chance of surviving in the near future. Voting for Trump or Clinton our Republic has -0- chance of surviving.

I'm still trying to understand what part of #NeverTrump people aren't understanding?  I'll be damn if I vote for someone who is going to continue us on our current path of destruction.

#NeverTrump   #NeverClinton
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 03:42:07 am »
Wow.  "emotional" is an adjective, I think you were looking for an adverb there. If you're going to browbeat people, at least get your grammar right. Oh, and the rest of your post is bovine feces.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:43:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 03:44:55 am »
Wow.  "emotional" is an adjective, I think you were looking for an adverb there. If you're going to browbeat people, at least get your grammar right. Oh, and the rest of your post is bovine feces.

Wow, is that all you got!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 03:56:05 am »
Wow, is that all you got!

I'm not going to sit out the dance like your pal. It's all I need.

You see I know you are wrong.

You're as wrong as 2+2=5, as wrong as wearing white after Labor Day, as wrong as a screen door on a submarine to keep the fish out.

Gosh, there just isn't much in the universe more wrong, without really bringing up nasty stuff...

Things like people backing a Republican candidate who thinks Planned Parenthood, who sells parts of murdered babies for profit, "does great things".

Like people who think a candidate who lied about his opponents repeatedly (and even one opponent's family, repeatedly) throughout a campaign can be trusted to do what he says he will do. (That'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.)

Like a guy who went to Military School (where rich people sent their kids when they couldn't handle them or they got kicked out of private schools) telling us he knows more about ISIS than the generals.

That 40 odd million Americans either got suckered by this guy telling them he was going to build a 1954 mile wall along the border, or crossed over from the other party to vote for him, and that the party he ended up representing still wants to keep open primaries to let the other team pick their players.

But you are on a level of wrong all by yourself, one which transcends normal boundaries of correct vs. incorrect. A willful, self glorifying version of wrong, something which transcends hubris.

But don't let me delay you. Intermission is over, and I know you are just itching to bring on the next act.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis