Author Topic: Man drives off parking garage, manages to walk away  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Man drives off parking garage, manages to walk away
« on: September 10, 2016, 02:52:38 am »
Man drives off parking garage, manages to walk away

AUSTIN (KXAN) —  The Austin Fire Department says it is a miracle a young man survived after driving off the top floor of a nine story parking garage in downtown Austin Friday afternoon.

Austin police said the 24-year-old went off the edge just before 2:40 p.m. at the Littlefield Garage at the corner of Congress Avenue and East Sixth Street. AFD Battalion Chief Palmer Buck said the driver was pulling into a parking spot at a slow rate of speed when his car would not stop.

The Toyota 4Runner went through the wire guides and flipped end over end. One of the wires wrapped around one of the wheels and held the 5,000-pound SUV in mid-air along the side of the garage.

(snip)

They decided in the heat of the moment, getting the driver out was the best thing to do.

“We unbuckled the seat belt, and I took one arm and then he kind of swung his legs over to the side and there was a tiny little ledge there right on the other side of the barrier,” said Cayson. “He managed to plant his feet on that and I picked him up.”

(snip)

Much more, including pics and video of the driver crawling out of the car, at the link:  http://kxan.com/2016/09/09/vehicle-dangles-from-parking-garage-in-downtown-austin/
Let it burn.

Oceander

Re: Man drives off parking garage, manages to walk away
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 03:00:17 am »
Wow!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 04:29:38 am »
When it's your time, it's your time...

And when it's not, it's not...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 07:20:28 am »
Sign him up for Naval aviation. Looks like he can catch the No. 3 wire...

Not his time. Wow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Blizzardnh