Author Topic: Republicans struggle to explain Trump's fondness for 'murderer and thug' Putin  (Read 2057 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One day after Donald Trump reiterated his admiration for Vladimir Putin, saying the Russian president was a better leader than Barack Obama, Republicans on Capitol Hill struggled to explain why their party’s presidential nominee was enamored with a man they have long cast as one of America’s primary foes....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/08/trump-putin-senate-republicans-marco-rubio-john-mccain

Wingnut

The funny thing... Trump is a thug wannabe. A draft dodger vs a cold ass killer KGB agent.  Putin is the real deal and would kill Trump in a heartbeat.

Offline RedHead

The funny thing... Trump is a thug wannabe. A draft dodger vs a cold ass killer KGB agent.  Putin is the real deal and would kill Trump in a heartbeat.

Putin is in power because he muzzles the media, considers himself above the law, and his opponents have a nasty habit of winding up dead.  By that logic then Trump and the Republicans should consider Hillary Clinton a strong leader.

debrawiest

Everyone needs a hero. Guess we now know who Trump's is.  Sigh.

Offline GrouchoTex

Republicans struggle to explain Trump's fondness for 'murderer and thug' Putin

I am baffled and bufuzzled by it, myself.

Offline Night Hides Not

Republicans struggle to explain Trump's fondness for 'murderer and thug' Putin

Not much response from TBS Trump supporters, either. IMO, that silence is thunderous.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Putin is in power because he muzzles the media, considers himself above the law, and his opponents have a nasty habit of winding up dead.  By that logic then Trump and the Republicans should consider Hillary Clinton a strong leader.

I'm sure he does in real life...  :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

Trump may be into Putin, but the American public is not:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

:pondering:   That as a very logical conclusion.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:pondering:   That as a very logical conclusion.

Ever notice how the Trumpets fail to join in on these "tough" threads?

By November they will be exhausted defending this fool.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

Ever notice how the Trumpets fail to join in on these "tough" threads?

By November they will be exhausted defending this fool.

They will just up the dose in the Kool-Aid till they drop like a Jim Jones follower.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:34:44 pm by Wingnut »

Offline sinkspur

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Great post!

Offline Suppressed

Is that sarcasm??
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

Just one look and I fell so hard
In love with you Oh Oh
I found out how good it feels
To have your love Oh Oh

Offline GrouchoTex

Is that sarcasm??

No, I am saying I do not understand why anyone would have fondness for Putin.

Offline libertybele

The headline should read:

Republicans struggle to try to explain Trump.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The headline should read:  "Democrats struggle to try and explain Hillary Clinton's reset with Russia"

Offline sinkspur

The headline should read:  "Democrats struggle to try and explain Hillary Clinton's reset with Russia"

Actually, the headline is correct. Trump is the one tongue-bathing Putin.

HonestJohn

Hillary was president then?