Author Topic: BREAKING: Entire Seattle Seahawks Team Plans To Do The UNTHINKABLE .... CHECKED. FALSE.  (Read 4657 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

In fact, I think that the primary thing that drove Kaepernick bonkers is his envy of the success of Wilson.

The envy started that Thursday Night in 2014 when Sherman and Wilson were served  Thanksgiving Dinner right on the SF Logo mid field after beating the 49ers in their stadium.   Been down hill ever since for Kaep.

And as for Sherman, he is nothing like what they try to make him out to be.  He can be intimidating on the field and that is what you would want in a corner, but off the field and watching him in practice he's a class guy, very smart, very approachable, and funny as hell.   I live near their practice facility.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
This story sounded fishy from the get go.
I'm finding this whole protest thing incredibly ironic since the NFL worshiped LGBT to the point where they fined and suspended a player for disagreeing. Now they have lost control of this narrative and will end up taking it in the shorts when more players begin to take it up. It hurts the brand terribly.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahawks-doug-baldwin-national-anthem-protest-colin-kaepernick-flag-unity-090816
Seahawks' Doug Baldwin announces 'our team will honor the country and flag'

----------

Everyone will cheer the Seahawks for doing this; they'll become many person's 2nd favorite team.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I'm sick and tired of these overpaid, mindless, felons anyway so I'll just ignore them on TV.  If enough people were to do that and revenues dropped, maybe they might see their job is to play football, not make political statements.

I'd like to stick them in a time machine. Put them a block or two from ground zero so they can see the towers come down, smell the smells of fire , smoke and get covered head to toe in smoke and ash. I don't want them to get hurt,  mind you, but I want them to hear the screams, see the survivors running out, and how nice everyone was that day and the few days after when the whole city was color blind and no one cared what color or religion you were it was people helping people.

I want them to see the missing posters all over the city like you put up missing dog and cat posters that tugged your heart.

I don't want people to forget the sights, the sounds or the smells- and the dirt from the smoke and ash. These idiots need a dose of realty.

I'm sorry if I seem upset, kind folks. This just makes me want to cry for my friends who died that day and the brave firefighters who tried to save them, not to mention those who still have nightmares and what not from it. 15 years seems like yesterday.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seattle-seahawks-doug-baldwin-national-anthem-protest-colin-kaepernick-flag-unity-090816

----------

Everyone will cheer the Seahawks for doing this; they'll become many person's 2nd favorite team.

888high58888  Ditto.   

Offline flowers

----------

great news!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

----------

Great news!

Offline Mod2

Title amended to reflect the truth.

Thank you to @NavyCanDo and @TomSea

Offline sinkspur

----------

Not as long as that crook and 9/11 Truther Pete Carroll is the coach.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

We will see how all of this plays out, curiously, Sunday is 9/11.

Offline NavyCanDo

Just because a person questioned the official story of 9/11, which he has since shrugged off,  does not mean that he/she is a kook or a Truther.

And if you are going to root for a team, do it because you like the team, not because of who their coach is. Bet even you sinkspur can remember a coach of your favorite NFL Team that you were glad when he left. As far as Carol, I don't give a squat about his past. He has an instinct for picking the right players and getting the most out of them, taking a young QB and taking him to the Super Bowl twice and some unbelievable numbers getting there.

And so that you don't completely hijack the thread with with who is and is not a Truther, let me attempt to get this thread back on track.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:38:38 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Pete Carroll

“They’re going to be very thoughtful, very respectful … honoring what should be recognized. I’m just very proud of how they’ve gone through it. They have a conscience about what they are doing and they really want to do the right thing.”

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/pete-carroll-seahawks-will-be-thoughtful-honoring-for-national-anthem/442335270

And Jeremy Lane (who sat last game's anthem), his Mom in an interview said she talked with her son and that he and all of them will participate and that it will honor the flag and 9/11. Rumor has it that the players will be standing and locking arms with different races during the national anthem. I.e., Black-white-Pacific Islander-etc. Now that I think about it, the team is made up of black, white and Pacific Islanders.
But in any case it does sound honorable, and the BS talk about them doing a mass sit down needs to stop. It was still going on as of last night on some late night talk radio show. Made me sick people making nasty disgusting comments without knowing any facts. Even here in WA, some mayor canceled the his town's Seahawk Rally they normally hold opening weekend in protest of "the Seahawks sitting down during the anthem". And that was just reported this morning.    Has the world gone completely insane?  Are we trusting too much what we read on social media and not doing any fact finding ourselves? And that crosses over into this election, as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:53:25 pm by NavyCanDo »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
To be fair we won't know the truth until tomorrow right?

Offline Rivergirl

No doubt more than a little bullying went on............
Well, they can kiss my grits.

Offline NavyCanDo

To be fair we won't know the truth until tomorrow right?

Not even sure if the channel here will even cover the National Anthem. Normally they break away from the sports announcers at the coin toss. But then again it is 9/11 and Area Fire Departments will be part of a parade of American Flags and maybe a Airforce or Navy Fly over, so maybe they will. I'm not going to the game but have season ticket holding cousins who will. I'll get the straight story from them.

Offline NavyCanDo

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin reveals team’s plan to ‘interlock arms in unity’ during national anthem Sunday.

In a video released Saturday, receiver Doug Baldwin said the Seahawks' players will stand and lock arms prior to Sunday's regular season opener against Miami in a show of unity. In a video he released via his Twitter page, Baldwin said specifically that the team will “stand and interlock arms in unity” during the national anthem. Quarterback Russell Wilson later Tweeted the same thing using the using the same “BuildABridge” hashtag as Baldwin.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-wr-doug-baldwin-reveals-teams-plan-to-lock-arms-prior-to-sundays-game-against-miami/

THAT'S IT!        Sorry to all those counting on a hate-filled scandalous protest from the team, looks like you will be disappointed.

Oh, and GO HAWKS!