Author Topic: Arkansas no longer state with highest adult obesity rate  (Read 916 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Arkansas no longer state with highest adult obesity rate
« on: September 05, 2016, 04:45:46 am »
A story was released on obesity rates, every story I saw referenced specific states but the info is still valid.

Arkansas no longer state with highest adult obesity rate

OR health officials conduct their own surveys within the state and found a slightly lower rate, just under 27 percent, in 2014.

The report also found Arkansas had the second-highest percentage of adults in both 2014 and 2015 who reported being physically inactive, meaning they did not exercise outside of performing work duties during the previous 30 days. That would be Louisiana at 36.2 percent.

The report used data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System maintained by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Read More At: http://www.crcconnection.com/2016/09/04/arkansas-no-longer-state-with-highest-adult-obesity-rate.html

Reports often say Memphis is one of the so-called "most obese cities" in the US.

All in all, if states are within say 10% of each other, that's pretty close. Different ways to look at this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:47:49 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Arkansas no longer state with highest adult obesity rate
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 11:27:39 am »
Sorry, but I have to laugh at their definition of "physically inactive". By that, a guy who sends a ten hour day doing manual labor on a construction crew, goes home and sits in his chair after a shower and dinner and watches TV and doesn't "exercise" qualifies as "physically inactive"! What a hoot!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis