Author Topic: Was SpaceX rocket hit by a drone? Shock claims Elon Musk’s Falcon 9 was 'attacked'  (Read 3039 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Normally I wouldn't waste my time with tinfoil hat stuff but Musk himself is supposedly claiming this. I watched the video four times and my guess was that is actually a bug close to the camera which explains the size and speed. If that was actually close to the rocket, it would have to be moving extremely fast and be rather large, something that would have been caught by other cameras.

Now conspiracy theorists are claiming the space rocket was “attacked”.

The “reusable” rocket was destroyed after suffering a catastrophic explosion on launch at Cape Canaveral in Florida, US on Thursday.

The huge blast, which caused no injuries, ripped through the rocket during a pre-launch check – sending plumes of thick black smoke into the air.

Billionaire SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said the cause of the explosion, which was caught on camera, is still unknown....

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/542878/spacex-rocket-explosion-elon-musk-falcon-9-attacked

Offline skeeter

I'm sure his investors would be happier with the drone theory.

Offline Blizzardnh

Was it playing ALLAH AKBAR ?

Offline ABX

I'm sure his investors would be happier with the drone theory.

It may also be simply he is throwing some stories out there to raise doubt and tie up some issues with liability for the launching pad damage. I understand he self-insures his own rockets (which he can, no big deal there) but I'm sure he is on the hook also for a big bill from NASA for damage to the launch area.

Oceander

In that photo it looks like the rocket has already started to explode even though the circled object is still not in contact.

geronl

In that photo it looks like the rocket has already started to explode even though the circled object is still not in contact.

yes, but there are contrails from the stinger missiles it just fired!  :chairbang:

Oceander

yes, but there are contrails from the stinger missiles it just fired!  :chairbang:

Oh, yeah, if I tilt my tinfoil cap just right, I can see 'em!!  :silly:

Offline ABX

Those aren't contrails, they are chemtrails causing you to hallucinate the whole thing. Nothing exploded. It was Captain Carl the Chemtrail Pilot testing some new juice.

geronl

Conspiracy theories can be fun.

It was awiens!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Conspiracy theories can be fun.

It was awiens!

Sure. Go ahead.  Blame it on white privilege.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Oh, yeah, if I tilt my tinfoil cap just right, I can see 'em!!  :silly:
@AbaraXas @geronl @skeeter

All right people. If you look at it frame by frame it IS an attack. I increased the number of frames of the laser strike so you could see it. Since lasers move at the speed of light (ya know) it makes it difficult to pick up. yay   for   me

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline r9etb

Normally I wouldn't waste my time with tinfoil hat stuff but Musk himself is supposedly claiming this. I watched the video four times and my guess was that is actually a bug close to the camera which explains the size and speed. If that was actually close to the rocket, it would have to be moving extremely fast and be rather large, something that would have been caught by other cameras.

Oh, come on.  That's just a piece of his stupid rocket flying off.  If it was a drone, it wouldn't be there after the explosion.

Face it, Elon -- you can't half-ass your way to space, no matter how much you want to.

Offline r9etb

@AbaraXas @geronl @skeeter

All right people. If you look at it frame by frame it IS an attack. I increased the number of frames of the laser strike so you could see it. Since lasers move at the speed of light (ya know) it makes it difficult to pick up. yay   for   me

Dang!  OK, I'm convinced!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Dang!  OK, I'm convinced!

And then there were two.

Wingnut

Bad week for the Billion Dollar boy genius Elon "I love the smell of burning batteries and rocket fuel in the morning" Musk. 

Offline Just_Victor

NASA's management can at least be credited with knowing when to keep their mouths shut.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
NASA's management can at least be credited with knowing when to keep their mouths shut.
They've had their share of bad days on the pad, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They've had their share of bad days on the pad, too.

WHY does that remind me of the sound of a cast iron skillet in flight???

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
WHY does that remind me of the sound of a cast iron skillet in flight???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis