Author Topic: WHY HILLARY GAVE THE ‘ALT-RIGHT’ SPEECH  (Read 6471 times)

Offline HootOwl

Re: WHY HILLARY GAVE THE ‘ALT-RIGHT’ SPEECH
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 01:46:05 am »
And, I might point out, when Trump goes down in a blistering defeat, the net effect will be:

'Politically correct' is strengthened, because the lack of it will be equated to Trump.
Amnesty will be strengthened because anti-amnesty will be equated with Trump.
GOPe will be vindicated, because anti-GOPe will be equated with Trump.
Anti-White will increase, because Pro-White will be equated to Trump.
Conservatism will be vilified, because it will be equated to the caricature of conservatism that is Trump.
Christianity will be vilified, because it will be equated to the caricature of Christianity that is Trump.
The Wall will be dead and buried, gone.
Fair Trade will be dead and buried, gone.

All because of Trump and his alt-right following.
 **nononono*

If Hillary wins, you and you anti-Trumpers will be partly responsible .   If the GOP would get behind him, he would win.  I really don't think anyone that is thwarting him  will ever be nominated for president on the GOP ballot,  You guys will OWN Hillary  and all she stands for.   :chairbang:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 01:58:49 am »
The problem is that now, anybody who dares disagree with a Liberal in the media, will be tagged as a member of this so-called "Alt-Right."  It's the new "Tea Party."

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 02:13:28 am »
The problem is that now, anybody who dares disagree with a Liberal in the media, will be tagged as a member of this so-called "Alt-Right."  It's the new "Tea Party."

No, no it's not.

And the only people tagged as "alt-right" are the one's espousing it's views.

(The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:16:07 am by HonestJohn »

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2016, 02:15:02 am »

I agree.  Reminds me of the DEMs when they attacked Goldwater as an "extremist"  and John Birch Society sympathizer.  Old man Romney and Rockefeller wanted all GOP candidates the to denounce extremism and the JBS as " hate" groups, to get their votes. That wing of the GOP disappeared. Its ok for the left to call Trump a " racist", but he better not call Hillary a bigot.That B!tch is a Communist  more than a bigot.      :silly:  JFK called Nixon a "bigot", too.   

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2016, 02:16:47 am »
No, no it's not.

And the only people tagged as "alt-right" are the one's espousing it's views.

Just because the media is a convenient target doesn't mean its always the right target.

There were many of us complaining about the alt tight for months before the media ever said a word.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 02:21:13 am »
If Hillary wins, you and you anti-Trumpers will be partly responsible .   If the GOP would get behind him, he would win.  I really don't think anyone that is thwarting him  will ever be nominated for president on the GOP ballot,  You guys will OWN Hillary  and all she stands for.   :chairbang:

Absolutely wrongheaded. I have been in business long enough to know that if the folks ain't buying my product, it ain't ever the folks' fault.

The ONLY thing that would save this election is to dump Trump, have GOP leadership step down, and find new people to carry the Conservative banner; Because, man, I.ll tell you what, none of those posers are Conservative, including Trump.

Your product stinks.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2016, 02:26:47 am »
Absolutely wrongheaded. I have been in business long enough to know that if the folks ain't buying my product, it ain't ever the folks' fault.

The ONLY thing that would save this election is to dump Trump, have GOP leadership step down, and find new people to carry the Conservative banner; Because, man, I.ll tell you what, none of those posers are Conservative, including Trump.

Your product stinks.

Its funny how everyone else takes responsibility for losing to Trump but if Trump loses it will be everybody else's fault.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2016, 02:31:19 am »
If Hillary wins, you and you anti-Trumpers will be partly responsible .   If the GOP would get behind him, he would win.  I really don't think anyone that is thwarting him  will ever be nominated for president on the GOP ballot.  You guys will OWN Hillary  and all she stands for.   :chairbang:

Nope. We told you when Trump first got into this that we would never support him.  You think Trump is an acceptable alternative to Hillary.  He's not.

Trump supporters and Trump voters will own Hillary.  I wash my hands of both of them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2016, 02:32:36 am »
Its funny how everyone else takes responsibility for losing to Trump but if Trump loses it will be everybody else's fault.

That's a great way to put it.  Those supporting Trump are loaded with guilt at backing this cretin and want some company.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2016, 02:37:29 am »

Your product stinks.

If some of the executives of a company bad-mouth the company's product  and it fails,   I would blame the turncoats, not the consumers...   I never voted for Trump nor supported him in the primaries.  I do not like him, but Hillary is far worse.  But he will not be dumped. Cruz was my choice, but the media trashed him, even trashed his GOP speech.  Believe me, Hillary would put Cruz in the Alt right group.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2016, 02:41:49 am »
  If some of the executives of a company bad-mouth the company's product  and it fails,   I would blame the turncoats, not the consumers...   I never voted for Trump nor supported him in the primaries.  I do not like him, but Hillary is far worse.  But he will not be dumped. Cruz was my choice, but the media trashed him, even trashed his GOP speech.  Believe me, Hillary would put Cruz in the Alt right group.

Not my circus, not my monkees. I vote for Conservative principles and always will.
All you've ever needed to do to win my vote was demonstrate the Conservative principles of Donald Trump
But that is the one thing you cannot do.
Your product sucks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2016, 02:44:47 am »

Yeah... what a gas. The scam-wow pitch doesn't work and somehow that's MY fault?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:45:09 am by roamer_1 »

Offline jedidah

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 03:41:14 am »

Yes.

That is made clear in the link I posted on Page 1 of this thread, the Breitbart article co-written by Milo Whatshisname.  They lump together as a loose coalition 1) the nasty right of neoNazis and KKK,  2) the dark side of the internet (the tech-savvy hacker brains who populate 4chan, 8chan, reddit, etc.), and 3) traditional "Natural Conservatives," which sounds like the writers' description of the Tea Party.

That article is an interesting look into how the "alt-right" is being defined in this campaign, but I don't think anyone took the time to read it at the link. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 03:49:50 am »
Yes.

That is made clear in the link I posted on Page 1 of this thread, the Breitbart article co-written by Milo Whatshisname.  They lump together as a loose coalition 1) the nasty right of neoNazis and KKK,  2) the dark side of the internet (the tech-savvy hacker brains who populate 4chan, 8chan, reddit, etc.), and 3) traditional "Natural Conservatives," which sounds like the writers' description of the Tea Party.

That article is an interesting look into how the "alt-right" is being defined in this campaign, but I don't think anyone took the time to read it at the link.

That article is old and was already discussed at length on this site.  Breitbart has jumped into the abyss and is trying to relabel a political ideology it does not control for those that do not know any better.

Continually citing that article, with it's known obfuscation of their ideology... makes the reader think that you know not of which you speak, or else is knowingly trying to push the ideology (and hoping people will be fooled).

Offline jedidah

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2016, 04:05:56 am »
That article is old and was already discussed at length on this site.  Breitbart has jumped into the abyss and is trying to relabel a political ideology it does not control for those that do not know any better.

Continually citing that article, with it's known obfuscation of their ideology... makes the reader think that you know not of which you speak, or else is knowingly trying to push the ideology (and hoping people will be fooled).

I am not pushing that article and find it somewhat offensive that you would say that.  I am aware that it was written in March, so it is old by internet standards.  However, one of the authors is in the middle of the alt-right debate right now, and the owner of the website has become Trump's campaign manager since the column was published.

That makes it newly relevant today, particularly in light of Hillary's speech and Trump's pre-buttal. 

Yes, the writers (and Clinton) are trying to re-define the term.  Moreover, it looks to me like Bannon is goading Hillary into stepping into areas she doesn't understand.  The denizens of 4chan and reddit and others who ascribe to alt-right views (and worse) are a dangerous bunch to mess with, and she may have poked a hornet's nest.

Bannon's fingerprints are all over the current debate.  I don't know if he has someone inside the Clinton camp getting her to play into his hands or whether he just jumped at the opportunity.

As far as knowing not of which I speak, that is true as far as first-hand knowledge goes.  I do not hang out on the dark web. I have, however, had some rather lengthy conversations this week with people who do and who have made me look at the whole conversation with a new perspective.  I'm informed, but not involved.

HonestJohn

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 04:19:09 am »
I am not pushing that article and find it somewhat offensive that you would say that.  I am aware that it was written in March, so it is old by internet standards.  However, one of the authors is in the middle of the alt-right debate right now, and the owner of the website has become Trump's campaign manager since the column was published.

That makes it newly relevant today, particularly in light of Hillary's speech and Trump's pre-buttal. 

Yes, the writers (and Clinton) are trying to re-define the term.  Moreover, it looks to me like Bannon is goading Hillary into stepping into areas she doesn't understand.  The denizens of 4chan and reddit and others who ascribe to alt-right views (and worse) are a dangerous bunch to mess with, and she may have poked a hornet's nest.

Bannon's fingerprints are all over the current debate.  I don't know if he has someone inside the Clinton camp getting her to play into his hands or whether he just jumped at the opportunity.

As far as knowing not of which I speak, that is true as far as first-hand knowledge goes.  I do not hang out on the dark web. I have, however, had some rather lengthy conversations this week with people who do and who have made me look at the whole conversation with a new perspective.  I'm informed, but not involved.

The only ones trying to 'redefine' the term 'alt-right' are those supporting Trump. 

Places like Stormfront, VDare, and the Daily Stormer have always labeled themselves the 'alt-right'.

Only now are people trying to say that the term doesn't exclusively mean sites like the ones above. 

----

This article has many links to what the 'alt-right' has been saying all along.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,222377.0.html

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 12:30:17 pm »
Wish we could Alt-Right-Delete Trump.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 01:42:52 pm »
If it comes down to BLM vs. Alt-right, I'll take the alt-right any day of the week.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:04:22 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 01:46:41 pm »

Wingnut

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:58:08 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 01:55:35 pm »
Sorry but I don't like BLM and saying not defending "all lives matters" to me is patently way more offensive than nearly anything I've read by the alt-right.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:55:52 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 02:12:36 pm »
It doesn't come down to one or the other. Both can and should be rejected.

the Alt Right are the flatterer, liar, and manipulator, whispering in the ear of conservatives.

In a choice between those who target police and whites or those who target Jews and minorities, I choose to dump them all on an island where they can fight for supremacy among themselves while leaving the civilized world out of it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 02:20:32 pm »
Sorry but I don't like BLM and saying not defending "all lives matters" to me is patently way more offensive than nearly anything I've read by the alt-right.

Even though they're two sides of the same coin?

Maybe you need to figure out why one side of a despicable ideology bothers you more than the same thing on the other side.

Both are equally wrong, and both should be strongly opposed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 02:51:52 pm »
Not my circus, not my monkees.

I want so much to agree with you, but it IS your circus.  It's my circus. too.  It's our country.  Washing our hands and walking away does nothing to save it.

We may despise the monkeys, but we failed to trade for better ones.

**nononono* **nononono*

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2016, 04:44:42 pm »
I want so much to agree with you, but it IS your circus.  It's my circus. too.  It's our country.  Washing our hands and walking away does nothing to save it.

We may despise the monkeys, but we failed to trade for better ones.

**nononono* **nononono*

Monkey see.  Monkey do.

[attachment deleted by admin]