Exclusive Content > Editorials

I'd Like To Make A Proposal...

(1/10) > >>

txradioguy:
As we are all aware of...15th anniv. of 9/11 is just right around the corner.

On Sept 11th I'm asking that we do the same for our own country as some have done for other countries recently when they have been victims of Radical Islam by changing our avatars.

But instead of using Old Glory as our avatar...we could use the from pages of the news papers from across the country (of from across the Pond for our friends from England) as our avitar...similiar to what I'm already doing.

http://www.september11news.com/

That link provides thumbnails of hundreds of newspaper front pages. Find the one from your hometown or if your like me since mine isn't there...find the one that sums up best how you felt that day.

Just a thought.

Damn...15 years later and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Resp3:

Never forget.

mountaineer:
Good idea, tx.

mystery-ak:
btt

Great idea

XenaLee:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on August 24, 2016, 02:23:31 pm ---As we are all aware of...15th anniv. of 9/11 is just right around the corner.

On Sept 11th I'm asking that we do the same for our own country as some have done for other countries recently when they have been victims of Radical Islam by changing our avatars.

But instead of using Old Glory as our avatar...we could use the from pages of the news papers from across the country (of from across the Pond for our friends from England) as our avitar...similiar to what I'm already doing.

http://www.september11news.com/

That link provides thumbnails of hundreds of newspaper front pages. Find the one from your hometown or if your like me since mine isn't there...find the one that sums up best how you felt that day.

Just a thought.

Damn...15 years later and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.

--- End quote ---

I remember that I felt shocked and yet numb at the same time.   Was in Dallas dealing with parental illness.   It was a day I'll never forget.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version