Author Topic: Jerry Falwell, Jr.: Trump is ‘Winston Churchill,’ Clinton Is ‘Neville Chamberlain’  (Read 3310 times)

Offline unknown

Jerry Falwell, Jr.: Trump is ‘Winston Churchill,’ Clinton Is ‘Neville Chamberlain’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/20/jerry-falwell-jr-trump-is-churchill-clinton-is-neville-chamberlain

Aug. 20, 2016
Tré Goins-Phillips

Jerry Falwell, Jr., president of Liberty University and an early supporter of Donald Trump, is calling the Republican nominee today’s “Winston Churchill,” while titling Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama the “Neville Chamberlains” of this generation.

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Falwell went on to describe Trump — with his “kindness, generosity and bold leadership qualities"

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline NavyCanDo

No issues with Obama or Hillary being called Neville Chamberlain's, but to call Trump Winston Churchill is a tremendous insult to one of the greatest minds of the twentieth Century. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

That's an insult to Chamberlain.

Yes, Chamberlain appeased Hitler. Why? Because he knew at the time Britain wasn't ready to fight.  But as soon as he got back from Munich he made sure that Britain started getting ready for war, because he knew it was only a matter of time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's an insult to Chamberlain.

Yes, Chamberlain appeased Hitler. Why? Because he knew at the time Britain wasn't ready to fight.  But as soon as he got back from Munich he made sure that Britain started getting ready for war, because he knew it was only a matter of time.

Now you're defending Chamberlain?   :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Every time these idiots say something new and insanely stupid it just reinforces my knowledge that I'm doing the right thing by skipping the top of the ticket.

Every time these idiots say something new and insanely stupid it just reinforces my knowledge that I'm doing the right thing by skipping the top of the ticket.

Oh, stop.  Just embrace your inner liberal and relax.  We all see it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Think about it: even Chamberlain looks good compared to Clinton.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

debrawiest

No issues with Obama or Hillary being called Neville Chamberlain's, but to call Trump Winston Churchill is a tremendous insult to one of the greatest minds of the twentieth Century.

I'll venture a guess that Trump doesn't even know who Churchill was...

Oceander

Oh, stop.  Just embrace your inner liberal and relax.  We all see it.

Oh stop.  Just embrace your inner brown shirt and relax.  We all see it.

That, or go back to your Trump safe space, where you don't have to deal with anyone who might disagree with you and who might not want to worship Trump as a god.

That, or go back to your Trump safe space, where you don't have to deal with anyone who might disagree with you and who might not want to worship Trump as a god.

Have a snickers bar @Oceander .. you're overdue.

Offline aligncare

Falwell went on to describe Trump — with his “kindness, generosity and bold leadership qualities"

Gee, Jerry, where'd you get that idea? Oh, you actually met and talked to him? Well, don't believe your lying eyes. Everyone here knows Trump is a big government liberal and eats puppies.

Oceander

If he is, then he is in good company.  Academic historians, such as David Dutton, have been re-evaluating Chamberlain and have concluded that he was not simply giving in to Hitler as blithely as popular belief would have it.  Dutton's account does not absolve Chamberlain for his misjudgment of Hitler, but it does give a more nuanced view of why he did what he did.

I haven't read enough to evaluate Dutton's claims, but the fact is, dfwgator is not alone.

Some links:

Neville Chamberlain should be Praised, not Buried, The Telegraph, 2009

Nevill Chamberlain (Reputations), published by Bloomsbury Academic, 2001

Oceander

Have a snickers bar @Oceander .. you're overdue.

I'll have a /snicker instead.  It's about all you're worth.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:53:58 pm by Oceander »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
This guy is a complete moron...last time I checked Trump has never fought in any ways, been elected to Parliament, served as First Lord of the Admiralty, and then served as Prime Minister.

Moreover, comparing Hillary to Chamberlain is doing a tremendous disservice to Churchill's predecessor, who was in fact an honorable man, and did the best he could under deteriorating circumstances.  Churchill thought highly of Chamberlain, and actually left him in charge of the government for a time while he went to the front lines in 1940.  This is complete BS.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Silver Pines

@Cripplecreek

Yep, exactly.  And the confirmations keep on coming.

Jerry Jr. has beclowned himself with his Trump support; his credibility is shot.   He admitted that Trump dropped money on him, but I figured as much from the outset.  A couple of months after Falwell's endorsement, he shelled out millions to buy a shopping mall.

Offline Timber Rattler

I'll defend Chamberlain too.

1) He was an honest and honorable civil servant who put his country ahead of his own political interests.

2) He knew that Hitler was a lying snake, but also understood that the British Army at that time was wholly unprepared to fight Germany again in a second World War (as was revealed in the disasters of 1940).  He was trying to buy time with the "piece of paper" Hitler signed to give Britain time to rearm.

3) He in fact facilitated Churchill's return to power by restoring him to the Cabinet as First Lord of the Admiralty, with a seat in the War Cabinet.

4) After Churchill took over, Chamberlain remained a valuable advisor and member of Churchill's government.  Churchill even put him in in charge of managing the home front before Chamberlain died of colon cancer in November 1940.

5) And oh yeah, Chamberlain was a Conservative!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

...or Chamberlain for that matter.

Offline Cripplecreek

...or Chamberlain for that matter.

At worst, Chamberlain was just trying to get along.

Quisling on the other hand was an active and willing participant who was hot to get in Hitler's front pocket. (Kinda like one candidate is trying to do with Putin) :whistle:

Offline aligncare

Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities. He knows all about Churchhill and Chamberlain. But you all know that -- you're just filled with anger and like to express it through hate and lies.

Never Trump has never been right about anything and this is no different.

Oceander

Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities. He knows all about Churchhill and Chamberlain. But you all know that -- you're just filled with anger and like to express it through hate and lies.

Never Trump has never been right about anything and this is no different.

Prove it.  Or do you have a special magical telephone line to Trump's marvelous divine mind?  Or maybe you've been hearing his voice in your head.

Silver Pines

Donald Trump graduated from the finest academies and most prestigious universities.

You sound quite impressed.

Offline musiclady

At least we know he's never read about Churchill.  He says he doesn't read.  (Maybe he's seen pictures, though).

btw, poor young, deluded Falwell obviously doesn't know who Churchill was either.

Otherwise he wouldn't have made such a stupid statement about his boy Trump's being Churchill.  There's not a modicum of similarity there.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

You sound quite impressed.

He obviously didn't graduate from the school of hard knocks.

Offline musiclady

Don't you find it amusing that the handful of people on this forum who are in love with a corrupt leftist like Donald Trump continue to accuse those of us who are conservative and don't support Progressives of being "liberal."

Brains turned inside out.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.