Author Topic: Trump Donates An 18-Wheeler Worth Of Supplies For Louisiana Flood Victims  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A soupçon of aid to purchase political advantage.  Tens of thousands have lost their homes, and at least 13 have died.  How will one truckload of supplies help them all, or even a handful of them?

So I guess you support Obama/Clinton's strategic leadership:  Ignore and it doesn't exist.

Good to know.

Offline bolobaby

Whose money did he use this time?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

So I guess you support Obama/Clinton's strategic leadership:  Ignore and it doesn't exist.

Good to know.

You can suppose that the Moon is made of green cheese, Trump boot-licker, but that doesn't make it true.

Why don't you go back to your safe-space, where no criticism of the Orange God is allowed.  After all, there you can delete all the posts you do not like, just like JR does at FR.  Here, we grownups have to live with the hatred and lies you Trump boot-lickers spew.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:31:30 pm by Oceander »

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, flooded-out Louisianans really needed that play dough...and I bet Trump will be taking a tax write-off on it too.

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah, flooded-out Louisianans really needed that play dough...and I bet Trump will be taking a tax write-off on it too.

The looks on all those in that picture says it all, except Trump he just looks tuned out, they seem to be in disbelief that the aid they are unloading is toys. Afterall how many empty stomachs can you fill with PlayDoh, how do you keep your family warm with toys?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:01:56 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
The looks on all those in that picture says it all, except Trump he just looks tuned out, they seem to be in disbelief that the aid they are unloading is toys. Afterall how many empty stomachs can you fill with PlayDoh, how do you keep your family warm with toys?

In all fairness there appears to be cases of baby food about to be unloaded and other food items in truck in that pic.

While I agree that in a disaster, food, clean water, medicine, clothes, toiletries, etc. would be the highest priority, however, if a family with young children has been displaced and lost everything and they are living in a shelter, I have no doubt that some toys for the kids would also be appreciated.

Just saying. 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

geronl

While I agree that in a disaster, food, clean water, medicine, clothes, toiletries, etc. would be the highest priority, however, if a family with young children has been displaced and lost everything and they are living in a shelter, I have no doubt that some toys for the kids would also be appreciated.

But giving out soccer balls would be grounds for a lifetime of hatred by these same Trump lovers...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In all fairness there appears to be cases of baby food about to be unloaded and other food items in truck in that pic.

Just saying.

Exactly....there were all kinds of items being passed out...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Just saying. 

Yes, there were.  However, the fact that play-doh was the first thing offloaded, and was the focus of the photographs, simply demonstrates the incompetence of the Trump campaign.  First thing off the truck should have been diapers and other necessaries.  Then, after all of the necessaries had been distributed, the campaign should have made sure there would be photos of Trump crouching down in front of a little child, offering the play-doh so the kid has something to play with, and thus bringing a little bit of happiness to the kid's life at a time when things are miserable.

If even I can figure that out, then the fact that all the "experts" on his campaign staff couldn't figure that out simply demonstrates their utter incompetence.

Offline sinkspur

Did the money for this come from the Trump Foundation?  Almost ALL of Trump's charitable contributions (such as they are) are made with other peoples' money from his Foundation.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
But giving out soccer balls would be grounds for a lifetime of hatred by these same Trump lovers...

Not arguing there.

The whole Beck/Cruz thing was way misrepresented and the important point they were making about the the Obama administration’s failure on securing the border and the very real humanitarian problem it was causing with respect to the children especially, was misunderstood and or ignored IMO.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline hiram1950

A soupçon of aid to purchase political advantage.  Tens of thousands have lost their homes, and at least 13 have died.  How will one truckload of supplies help them all, or even a handful of them?

I guess whatever Trump does, no matter what it is, it's the wrong thing.

I kind of hope his "apology" speech the other day will stick close to home, whether or not it was opportunistic.

Perhaps he can continue to capitalize on whatever the news has to say about his donation. That would be opportunistic, too. Nevertheless, sending the clintons back to Little Rock  or Little Rock AND Chicago should be the goal for most activity between now and November.

Oceander

I guess whatever Trump does, no matter what it is, it's the wrong thing.

I kind of hope his "apology" speech the other day will stick close to home, whether or not it was opportunistic.

Perhaps he can continue to capitalize on whatever the news has to say about his donation. That would be opportunistic, too. Nevertheless, sending the clintons back to Little Rock  or Little Rock AND Chicago should be the goal for most activity between now and November.

Yes, but in this case he didn't even do the capitalizing correctly.  He and his campaign flubbed what should be a campaigning 101 lesson:  be seen offloading and distributing the necessaries - food, water, diapers - first, and then arrange for an "unposed" photograph afterward of the candidate's soft, caring side, kneeling down and offering a sad little kid something wonderful to play with that will make the kid a little happier, and hopefully help to ease the misery.

geronl

apology for what? to whom?

and he's not sorry, no one thinks he is really regretful for anything

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Just saying.
I won't disagree with you, but I can't help wondering why a man worth a reported 10 billion couldn't come up with more than one tractor trailer worth of goods and why the trailer he was helping to unload, for maximum effect because this was a photo op, wasn't filled to the brim with food, blankets, diapers, water, etc. before they got to the PlayDoh and toys, because what is being said here is going to seem picayune to what the democrats and media will make of the PlayDoh pics.

geronl

I won't disagree with you, but I can't help wondering why a man worth a reported 10 billion couldn't come up with more than one tractor trailer worth of goods

Only Trump ever said $10 billion, other sources topped it out at $4 billion (mostly on paper)

personally I think he is so far in debt he barely keeps up the payments
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:10:07 pm by geronl »

Offline hiram1950

and he's not sorry, no one thinks he is really regretful for anything

There is an element of hubris in anyone running for President, except George Washington who was drafted. Before that ever happened, Washington "ran" for Lieutenant General. Even Reagan felt he had something to offer that the nation desperately needed.

Running also makes the candidate vulnerable, especially one running as a Republican that will face canons pointed at him from every angle. Most people have flaws, and the press will zero in an any Republican flaw or make some up if they can't find any to resonate with the voters.

It doesn't hurt to say one has said or done done things in the past that needlessly hurt others and say one regrets that. After all, I'm the only person alive who is so great there is no need for humility.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Oceander wrote:
"How will one truckload of supplies help them all, or even a handful of them?"

One's better than nuthin'.
How many did ILLary send down?

Offline raml

I doubt that picture is a real one anyway. I looked at all legit news areas and they did not have this picture. One 18 wheel  truck load is a lot more than Hillary or any one else is giving and I bet he will be giving a donation too he is a very giving person. You people here really make me sick and if you think you are good republicans I beg to differ.

Oceander

Oceander wrote:
"How will one truckload of supplies help them all, or even a handful of them?"

One's better than nuthin'.
How many did ILLary send down?

Ahh.  So if I took several days off work, drove down there with an extra box of band-aids, and gave them out - one to a person - I should get accolades because, well, that's one more box of band-aids than Hillary donated?

Oceander

I doubt that picture is a real one anyway. I looked at all legit news areas and they did not have this picture. One 18 wheel  truck load is a lot more than Hillary or any one else is giving and I bet he will be giving a donation too he is a very giving person. You people here really make me sick and if you think you are good republicans I beg to differ.

If there's a donation made, it'll come out of money that other people have donated to the Trump foundation.  Little, if any, will come out of his personal pockets.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wow this is a tough crowd..ya know I don't care why he did it..he did it...even if his adviser told him to do it he could have said no....I just don't believe Trump is this monster some here make hi out to be.

We're you saying the same things when Jeb or Dubya handed out water right after a hurricane in Florida?

People give what they can..do what they can and they should not be belittled for trying to help.....even the former Dem Sen Mary Landrieu thanked him for coming and bringing the attention to the area...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Oceander

Wow this is a tough crowd..ya know I don't care why he did it..he did it...even if his adviser told him to do it he could have said no....I just don't believe Trump is this monster some here make hi out to be.

We're you saying the same things when Jeb or Dubya handed out water right after a hurricane in Florida?

People give what they can..do what they can and they should not be belittled for trying to help.....even the former Dem Sen Mary Landrieu thanked him for coming and bringing the attention to the area...

In part it's because the attempt to play the Prince Hal-to-Henry V transformation is utterly unbelievable.  It may have worked in Shakespeare, but in real life, particularly with a 70 y.o. blowhard, it doesn't.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Louisiana governor: Donald Trump's visit 'helpful'
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2016, 06:28:45 pm »
Louisiana governor: Donald Trump's visit 'helpful'

By Tal Kopan, CNN

Updated 11:10 AM ET, Sun August 21, 2016

Washington (CNN)The governor of Louisiana said Sunday that Donald Trump's trip to his state was "helpful" in getting the country's attention on the devastating flooding around Baton Rouge.

Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, had released a statement before the GOP nominee's visit decrying a "photo-op," but Edwards told CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union" Sunday that Trump had always been welcome if he were coming to be "helpful."

more
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/21/politics/louisiana-governor-donald-trump-visit-helpful/index.html
Support the USO

Offline R4 TrumPence

FOR THE RECORD......

The truck pictured on this thread is not the truck trump sent.
The truck he sent had blankets, water, etc....

He also is giving $100,000 to one of the churches.

TRUMP has many enemies and has had them his whole life. He is uber rich, and people like him are sued by everyone and their dog.

It is ashame, that some here, have felt the need to post ridiculous articles, written by his enemies, or people trying to get money from him.

The sad part, is he can be a great president, if given the chance, and I think he WILL be elected,  despite the haters here :patriot:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02