Author Topic: Evan McMillan is America's Only Sane Choice (from RedState)  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Evan McMillan is America's Only Sane Choice (from RedState)
« on: August 19, 2016, 12:07:14 pm »
  Evan McMillan is America's Only Sane Choice

[A]fter a week of researching Evan McMullin, his resume, and positions, I decided he is the only choice that represents me in the 2016 presidential election.

A presidential election isn’t just about winning. It’s about focusing your efforts on the candidate that represents you the best. It’s about voting for the person most suitable for the highest office in the world. It’s not about voting for the lesser of two evils or compromising your morals. More importantly, voting for a president is not about putting party over principles.

So why do I support McMullin over Trump, Johnson, Clinton, and Stein? Well, Evan McMullin doesn’t insult women. He doesn’t insult veterans. He doesn’t tear down people who disagree with him. He doesn’t lie to the American people about national security matters. Trump and Clinton don’t listen to those around them, but Evan does. Evan has plans, listens to voters, and respects his opponents. Evan is a constitutional conservative who unites and knows how to get the job done. Neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump can claim any of those things.

Furthermore, Evan believes in American values. He believes in limited government, the 2nd Amendment, being pro-life, and defeating ISIS. Evan wants to strengthen the middle class, lower taxes, keep our military strong, and show compassion to immigrants (but not without strict law implementation). His national security and leadership experience with the CIA and House Committee on Foreign Affairs is incredibly important during such a tense international period. His economic experience while working with investment banking at Goldman Sachs proves he’s knowledgable with money and financially wise.

I've been around the block, and it's been years since I've been a fanboy of any politician.  But I have to admit this guy is intriguing.  The more I read about him and listen to him, the more I see my values reflected.   Further vetting is required, of course,  but he sure is a hell of a lot more qualified for the position than Trump, and as for the charge that he can't win, well, neither can Trump. 

This is the strangest election season I've ever seen.   But it's still not yet Labor Day, enough time for Americans to sober up from our hangover and reject a binary choice of crazy vs. corrupt.

The Republican and Democratic parties have failed us this year, but we have a better choice this November. Evan McMullin is a conservative, a uniter, and an underdog. If everyone who was holding their nose and voting for Trump or Clinton took a long look at McMullin, he would have a fighting chance. Let’s get him on the debate stage and support the man who is most fit for the presidency, instead of voting for the lesser of two evils. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:20:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Evan McMillan is America's Only Sane Choice (from RedState)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:41:36 pm »
Furthermore, Evan believes in American values. He believes in limited government, the 2nd Amendment, being pro-life, and defeating ISIS. Evan wants to strengthen the middle class, lower taxes, keep our military strong, and show compassion to immigrants (but not without strict law implementation).
Sure, if you believe what he says now.

But when he wasn't running for President... bupkus. Plus he wants to abuse the court system to force himself onto ballots regardless of the law—a sure sign of tyranny.

He's a stooge.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:42:27 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:28:57 pm »
Sure, if you believe what he says now.

But when he wasn't running for President... bupkus. Plus he wants to abuse the court system to force himself onto ballots regardless of the law—a sure sign of tyranny.

He's a stooge.

So don't vote for him.  You seem happy with your choices, so vote for the second coming of Mussolini, or Nixon in a pantsuit.

Forgive me for wanting a smart, sensible, serious, articulate conservative in the White House.   

But thanks for bumping the thread.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 04:45:30 pm »
  :banging: Let's all vote 3d party,  just to show how principled we are. Except for that whole secret ballot thingey, we'll sure show those Clinton or Trump supporters.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:15:54 pm »
  :banging: Let's all vote 3d party,  just to show how principled we are. Except for that whole secret ballot thingey, we'll sure show those Clinton or Trump supporters.

This has nothing to do with showing up Trump or Clinton supporters.   Vote for Trump if you must.  But understand my decision to cast a vote I can be respected for when I explain it to my kids.   

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 06:07:15 pm »
I don't disagree.  The two major party choices are awful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 11:01:38 pm »
So don't vote for him.  You seem happy with your choices, so vote for the second coming of Mussolini, or Nixon in a pantsuit.

Forgive me for wanting a smart, sensible, serious, articulate conservative in the White House.   

But thanks for bumping the thread.
I'm not, but the time for putting those candidates on the ballot has passed. So, for now, my vote probably goes to Johnson, whom I at least know how he has acted in office—and despite my disagreements, probably won't send our country down into a death spiral the way Clinton and Trump will.

I get it; I understand that we'd love to have someone better, but I want to be sure that the white knight coming over the horizon isn't simply leading an invading army against us in a false-flag attack. McMullin has no history to vet. In fact, he doesn't even really want to win; he just wants to further divide the GOP. He speaks in vague platitudes, and even those didn't exist until a few days ago—which only proves he's more disciplined than Trump, not a tall order. Couple that with his CIA ties and all of this just seems WAY too suspicious to me. As far as we know, he could be a Clinton stooge, and if I want to take chances, I'll put money on the lottery.

If we want to start building a third party, let's start work on it now for 2020 so that we're actually prepared. We know after the last three primary cycles that the GOP is going to put up another garbage candidate, so it's best we don't get fooled again and start working now to build name recognition, maybe start putting some names into local office. But hitching our wagon to the mystery man who shows up too late promising us what we want isn't going to get us anywhere, except on a list of future suckers for con-artists to exploit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:01:59 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 01:18:55 am »
We'll show the Clinton or Trump supporters???

Tell you what...you vote for the candidate that you support and believe in or maybe you will vote to stop someone else from becoming POTUS...that is fine by me.

I will vote and support someone that holds my ideals and has the integrity to be the figurative leader of our country. If someone like that is not on the ballot I will vote for the closest one to my stances that has integrity...if none is available I will not vote for POTUS....Regardless of whether they have an R or a D or an I or some other party.....regardless if their chance of winning is <1% I will vote according to my conscience.  Why are so many upset that there are conservatives willing to vote their conscience and their principles?

:thumbsup: