Author Topic: As Donald Trump Self-Destructs, Ted Cruz Is Probably One Of The Few Republicans Smiling Right Now  (Read 6891 times)

Offline CSM

Not at all Smaj...I've never found saying "I told you so" to be an uplifting exercise.

OK, I better make a distinction, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Command Sergeant Major!  However, when I went to boot camp, my initials (CSM) did draw a lot of extra PT from the Drill Sergeants....   :bullie smokin:

I am with you on the "told you so experience."  I always just hope that they start listening eventually....

Offline libertybele

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one.  Any attempt to remove Trump and "install" an alternate at this late stage would probably be MORE dangerous than a Trump or Hillary Presidency.  I say this as a Cruz supporter who is very likely not participating in this election...I won't ever say never!  That is a lesson I learned in elementary school.

??? Where is this talk about removing Trump coming from?  He is the presidential nominee and no one is going to replace him.  The only way that Trump wouldn't be the nominee is if he himself decides to drop out of the race. I don't see that happening.

I would encourage everyone to NOT stay home and participate in the election.  If you don't want to select either Trump or Hillary, there are 3rd party alternatives and you can write in a candidate.  Above all else -- VOTE DOWN BALLOT! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, Huffington Post; well, that ultra-liberal website certainly fits the views of the Never Trumpers, liberals.

Check this previous article by the Author:
I guess Never-Trumpers now resort to posting pro-Hillary articles.

Tom, Tom, the trumper man.  I would admire your dedication if it wasn't so misplaced.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline CSM

??? Where is this talk about removing Trump coming from?  He is the presidential nominee and no one is going to replace him.  The only way that Trump wouldn't be the nominee is if he himself decides to drop out of the race. I don't see that happening.

I would encourage everyone to NOT stay home and participate in the election.  If you don't want to select either Trump or Hillary, there are 3rd party alternatives and you can write in a candidate.  Above all else -- VOTE DOWN BALLOT!

I agree, the talk of "removing Trump" is a losing proposition.  He is the nominee and that is the end of it.

Sadly, there is not a single down ballot race on my ticket that I would have been able to effect anyway.  I am in a heavy D district, so even when the long time D congressmen retired, his wife won replacing him.  I usually consider voting to be an exercise in futility, but I loved participating anyway.  I sort of looked at it as my own "blue finger" moment, and by golly if that one Iraqi that had the great photo could traverse terrorists to go vote and show off that blue finger, then I could traverse any weather and walk my butt to the polls....

This year, there is nothing to even motivate me to consider that approach.

Offline ScottinVA

@TomSea, so all the polls are wrong, then?  Every one which shows Trump losing, and losing badly, in almost every state and every demographic?

Here in Virginia, he's even losing the MILITARY vote.  When was the last time a Republican candidate lost the military?

The military portion of that poll is kind of an odd duck.

I'm loathe to summarily dismiss the Virginia poll or any poll as simply BS, but I did notice another recent poll Military Times (publishers of the Army, Air Force, Navy and MC Times) conducted of the military.  It showed 49% chose Trump, 21% chose Hillary and the rest were distributed to "undecided" and the other two minor candidates.   It does call into question the validity of the recent polling that showed Hillary winning even the military vote.