Author Topic: As Donald Trump Self-Destructs, Ted Cruz Is Probably One Of The Few Republicans Smiling Right Now  (Read 6892 times)

Online libertybele

I knew the source was going to catch flack by the Trump supporters.  The article however depicts exactly what is happening.  Cruz remained true to his supporters, his beliefs and morals; 'We the People'. liberty and the Constitution. He has proven time and time again, he means what he says and says what he means. He didn't endorse someone who he knew was a liberal fraud and would be destructive to this country and he wasn't about to support someone who viciously and relentlessly attacked him and his family.  He stood before millions and addressed his supporters; those who stand with liberty and the Constitution and simply encouraged them not to stay home, vote their conscience and vote down ballot.

Certainly Ted has reason to smile, and definitely not because of the downfall of Trump, but because he knows that there are millions of courageous conservatives rising up to demand liberty.  That was his dream..." I want to ask each of you to imagine, imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”  - Ted Cruz

Keep smiling Ted, keep smiling!

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Silver Pines

True. But there is something to say for Karma. Don't forget Karma

@Freya

Oh, my friend, Cruz is going to be vindicated, and vindicated bigly.  He won't take pleasure in it, but I sure as hell will.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As Donald Trump Self-Destructs, Ted Cruz Is Probably One Of The Few Republicans Smiling Right Now

What a load that is!  Ted Cruz isn't smiling right now! He is, like most patriots, weeping over the fact that this once great republic is self destructing before our eyes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

No.  Senator Cruz loves America far too much to be enjoying the disaster that is DT.

I'll second that notion. Either way, I'm glad he'll still be in the Senate for at least two more years, to offer a contrasting voice to the next POTUS.

It won't bother me a bit if he decides not to run for reelection. It will be better for their family to have Dad around 24/7, and out of the spotlight.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Like Sam Houston's warning about the civil war it destroyed his career and took his son. I doubt there was any joy in being right. Probably just sad vindication.

I always get a thrill down my spine when I drive past his statue in Huntsville. One of our greatest Americans!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online libertybele

What a load that is!  Ted Cruz isn't smiling right now! He is, like most patriots, weeping over the fact that this once great republic is self destructing before our eyes!

No.  He isn't smiling at the obvious disintegration of our Republic.  IMHO Cruz is smiling because he knows he still has supporters ... millions of courageous conservatives who are rising up and demanding liberty ... exactly what he imagined! I believe he will continue to lead his supporters to eventually restoring our Republic...that battle is just beginning. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

I'll second that notion. Either way, I'm glad he'll still be in the Senate for at least two more years, to offer a contrasting voice to the next POTUS.

It won't bother me a bit if he decides not to run for reelection. It will be better for their family to have Dad around 24/7, and out of the spotlight.

I certainly hope he does. I would miss having at least one national political figure who spoke for me.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
More likely Trump sees a means of profiting from losing. He'll return to his democrat friends and promise to help destroy republicans in return for democrat favors.

Trump will make a YUUGE deal for a new TV show after he loses. He has already said that he will spend money to defeat Cruz in Texas.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Trump will make a YUUGE deal for a new TV show after he loses. He has already said that he will spend money to defeat Cruz in Texas.

It's going to be a network not a show.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

What you said!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline JustPassinThru

Interesting that the Huffing-gas comPost would be pushing CRUZ.

First of all, Cruz isn't running for anything in November.  He's not in any consideration for the Presidency.

Second, why would the Huffing-Gas people want to promote CRUZ?  They're the enemy.  Of the party; of conservatives; of the nation.  What they want is to further divide the party and ensure the old, demented bat's win.

I'm not special-pleader for Agent Orange.  But in this era where everyone has a covert agenda; where honesty and integrity are the first casualties of this war...CONSIDER THE SOURCE.

I support Cruz.  He was an opportunity missed.  But missed, it was.  He's irrelevant to the discussion and any attempts to blame him, promote him, laud him or attack the party for rejecting him...these efforts come from hidden, toxic agendas.

Offline skeeter

First of all, Cruz isn't running for anything in November.  He's not in any consideration for the Presidency.

Second, why would the Huffing-Gas people want to promote CRUZ?  They're the enemy.  Of the party; of conservatives; of the nation.  What they want is to further divide the party and ensure the old, demented bat's win.

I'm not special-pleader for Agent Orange.  But in this era where everyone has a covert agenda; where honesty and integrity are the first casualties of this war...CONSIDER THE SOURCE.

I support Cruz.  He was an opportunity missed.  But missed, it was.  He's irrelevant to the discussion and any attempts to blame him, promote him, laud him or attack the party for rejecting him...these efforts come from hidden, toxic agendas.

I didn't consider the piece promoting Cruz but rather I took it as HuffPo taking the opportunity to attack Trump.

But after the trashing of the senator by the Trump camp you can easily imagine the appeal the grain of truth in the article has to we Cruz supporters.

Online libertybele

Your point is well stated.  I am of the opinion that Cruz is one of the few voices left for conservatism.  His Senate seat will be up in 2018.  His opposition is already lining up; however, Cruz realizes his supporters so far haven't faded nor are they going to go away.

Offline ScottinVA

Oh, Huffington Post; well, that ultra-liberal website certainly fits the views of the Never Trumpers, liberals.

Check this previous article by the Author:
I guess Never-Trumpers now resort to posting pro-Hillary articles.

Explain how this is a pro-Hillary article.  You're stung by the facts about Trump becoming more non-competitive by the day, yet can disprove nothing within the article.  How about giving factual refutation a try for a change?

Offline Victoria33

@CatherineofAragon, Sea said: "I guess Never-Trumpers now resort to posting pro-Hillary articles."

I understand the mods here have told Trump people not to call us nonTrump people Hillary supporters.  They can't get off that,"if you are not for Trump, you are for Hillary."  That response shows they are less than bright - they are stuck in one mode of thinking - can't see the danger of Trump. 

To all Trump pill pushers - I would rather have Hillary as she is not insane but Trump IS insane.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 02:57:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline JustPassinThru

I didn't consider the piece promoting Cruz but rather I took it as HuffPo taking the opportunity to attack Trump.

But after the trashing of the senator by the Trump camp you can easily imagine the appeal the grain of truth in the article has to we Cruz supporters.

Yes.

But the Huffing-gas crowd does not come forward out of benevolence.  They're doing it to chum the waters - to stir the excrement.

Focus on the parameters on hand.  Trumpy or Madame.  My tendency at this point is to make the pick for Trumpy, and hope some sort of movement solicits Electors to repudiate their pledge and either cast votes for Pence or some other compromise candidate.

No, I don't consider Jeb-Pac Shrub a compromise.  I consider him a blight on the political landscape.  About the only choice I can think of who'd be worse than Trump.

Okay, maybe Ron Paul would be worse...

Offline JustPassinThru

Explain how this is a pro-Hillary article.  You're stung by the facts about Trump becoming more non-competitive by the day, yet can disprove nothing within the article.  How about giving factual refutation a try for a change?

It's pro-Cankles in that it's done to erode further Trump's support.

Who, tell us, benefits from that?

The choice is made.  Orange Julius versus Billary.

The Huffing-gas people want their old incontinent bat in there; and the more Machiavellian the techniques they can use to make it happen, the better.  They think deceit is clever.

They also think the old cow is the better choice.  Which makes me question their thinking ability.

Online libertybele

It's pro-Cankles in that it's done to erode further Trump's support.

Who, tell us, benefits from that?

The choice is made.  Orange Julius versus Billary.

The Huffing-gas people want their old incontinent bat in there; and the more Machiavellian the techniques they can use to make it happen, the better.  They think deceit is clever.

They also think the old cow is the better choice.  Which makes me question their thinking ability.

The choice of Trump or Hillary was the objective from the beginning. Perhaps you aren't seeing that Trump is a con with Hillary being the beneficiary.

Cruz was correct in not endorsing Trump period.  He was right not to turn his back on his supporters, the Constitution, liberty and his integrity.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:17:27 pm by libertybele »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What more will it take for the majority of Republicans to demand the plug be pulled on this fool?   Are we all resigned to the inevitability of a Clinton presidency?   

No, but most of us are resigned to the reality that Trump is the Republican nominee.

If you "pull the plug" on Trump after he's already been officially selected by delegates as the nominee (assuming that is even possible), you are going to see his supporters sit home en masse, which will guarantee an even larger Hillary victory.  Hell, I hate the guy, and I'd probably sit home at that point as well simply because I think the will of the voters and the agreed-upon party rules have to be followed.  Otherwise, rather than temporary incapacitated by this one nominee, the party will be permanently destroyed.

He won, we lost.  That's just how it is.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:30:31 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online corbe

I'm with most of yall in that I don't believe Trump has the ABILITY or DESIRE to beat that witch-hellary, in spite of the rabid support of his followers. 

Rally attendees do not prove anything, just ask Sen. Sanders.

The really SAD thing is that some guy holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London or some rather obscure Congressman chasing a Perjury Charge will demolish her enough so we do get the 'other' New York Liberal, after all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No, but most of us are resigned to the reality that Trump is the Republican nominee.

If you "pull the plug" on Trump after he's already been officially selected by delegates as the nominee (assuming that is even possible), you are going to see his supporters sit home en masse, which will guarantee an even larger Hillary victory.  Hell, I hate the guy, and I'd probably sit home at that point as well simply because I think the will of the voters and the agreed-upon party rules have to be followed.  Otherwise, rather than temporary incapacitated by this one nominee, the party will be permanently destroyed.

If you "pull the plug" on Trump after he's already been officially selected by delegates the elites as the nominee (assuming that is even possible), you are going to see his supporters sit home en masse, which will guarantee an even larger Hillary victory.  Hell, I hate the guy, and I'd probably sit home at that point as well simply because I think the will of the voters and the agreed-upon party rules have to be followed.  Otherwise, rather than temporary incapacitated by this one nominee, the party will be permanently destroyed.

Corrected it for you!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:30:09 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If you "pull the plug" on Trump after he's already been officially selected by delegates the elites as the nominee 

Corrected it for you!

Can you explain that correction?  There were rules set up for the primary were established ahead of time.  Trump won a majority of delegates under those rules because of the plurality of votes he received during the primary season.  How do you twist that into it being "the elites" who selected him?

And if your claimed hang-up is on "elites" doing the selection, how much worse is it to cast away the guy who got the most votes, and having the elites decide to replace him with someone who got even less?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:36:35 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline JustPassinThru

The choice of Trump or Hillary was the objective from the beginning. Perhaps you aren't seeing that Trump is a con with Hillary being the beneficiary.

Of COURSE I am seeing that.

Now.  Who benefits from this crude, ham-fisted attempt at chopping away Trump's support?  Does Trump benefit?

Does Cruz benefit?  IS CRUZ ON THE BALLOT?

No, and no.  It is, as I said, an attempt to chop away at Trump's support - such as it is.  Just do a little more, to help seal the deal.

If anyone reading this Huffinggas comPost screed thinks they're really lauding Cruz...they're gullible beyond measure.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Can you explain that correction?  There were rules set up for the primary were established ahead of time.  Trump won a majority of delegates under those rules because of the plurality of votes he received during the primary season.  How do you twist that into it being "the elites" who selected him?

And if your claimed hang-up is on "elites" doing the selection, how much worse is it to cast away the guy who got the most votes, and having the elites decide to replace him with someone who got even less?

Sure! Be happy to!

The elites threw the rules out the window at the convention both in the rules committee to make sure only the rules they wanted were put forth to the body and on the convention floor in order to make sure Donald J. Trump was selected as the nominee and to make sure the rules they wanted were adopted!

- J. R. R. Tolkien