Author Topic: As Donald Trump Self-Destructs, Ted Cruz Is Probably One Of The Few Republicans Smiling Right Now  (Read 6893 times)

Online libertybele

As Donald Trump Self-Destructs, Ted Cruz Is Probably One Of The Few Republicans Smiling Right Now

Ted Cruz must be a happy camper these days. With Donald Trump spiraling into an epic meltdown not seen since Britney Spears shaved her head, he is among only a handful of Republican leaders who stoically refused to endorse Trump from the onset. As such, he is poised to emerge with incredible political capital and a national reputation as the only major Republican who refused categorically to be “a servile puppy“ to Donald Trump. Even more importantly, unlike the Bush clan, Cruz was the only Republican who showed up at the Republican National Convention and told it to Trump’s face. He told the audiences to “vote your conscience,” which promptly got him booed off the stage.

Although the Trump organization had been given copies of Cruz’s speech hours before he spoke, Cruz’s refusal to “say his name” immediately elicited angry cries of “traitor” from fellow Republicans like Chris Christie and Rudy Giuliani, the former who had “turned over his political testicles long ago,” according to Cruz’s former campaign manager, Jeff Roe. Cruz’s popularity plummeted among Republicans in the days following his speech and pundits wrote his eulogy.

But things have changed.

Immediately following the Democratic National Convention, Donald Trump began to unravel in a series of stunningly bizarre and self-destructive rants that included insulting the family of a soldier killed in action. Republicans have begun to come out en masse to denounce his actions and say they might even vote for Hillary Clinton. These included Senator Susan Collins, 50 security experts who signed a letter calling Trump unfit to be President, and other lawmakers and business leaders. Congressman Mike Coffman even ran an ad saying, “Honestly, I don’t care for him much.”

Hillary Clinton has now open up a double digit lead over Trump, according to some surveys. Director of NATOSource Jorge Benitez called him, “The most dangerous man in the world.” Donald Trump’s mental health is even becoming an issue. House Speaker Paul Ryan, despite Trump’s initial refusal to endorse him, easily won his primary race against Paul Nehlen, a “Donald Trump-inspired opponent.”

Today, the growing consensus is that Trump is poised to lose the election. The New York Daily News took it further and called for Trump to end his campaign now, “in a reckoning with his own madness.” The sentiment seems to be supported by the latest Reuters/Ipsos poll, which finds that nearly 1 in 5 Republicans want Trump to drop out.

Cruz has been quiet, these days, watching the show. Only recently, the world was calling his speech at the Republican National Convention political suicide. Might they soon be calling it his golden ticket to the White House?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mario-almonte/whos-sorry-now-as-donald-_b_11432036.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Oh, Huffington Post; well, that ultra-liberal website certainly fits the views of the Never Trumpers, liberals.

Check this previous article by the Author:
"It doesn't matter- Why Jeb Bush Will Win The Republican Nomination"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/mario-almonte-384

I guess Never-Trumpers now resort to posting pro-Hillary articles.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Oh, Huffington Post; well, that ultra-liberal website certainly fits the views of the Never Trumpers, liberals.

Someday you will regret your cultist type support of Heez Nuts
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

I was about to post "Trump supporters attacking the source in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...," but you beat my countdown.  :silly: :silly: :silly:

What's hilarious is that through the primary season the HuffPost was routinely posted at TOS by the Trump supporters when they had articles attacking Cruz.  I always read critically, especially liberal sources like HuffPost, but being liberal doesn't necessarily make them wrong.

Care to take on the substance?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:57:03 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline sinkspur

This is a pro-Cruz article.  It barely mentions Hillary. 

The bottom is falling out for Trump.  I just can't see him watching his poll numbers sink for the next 80 days.  He'll come up with some kind of excuse and quit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Just_Victor

This is a pro-Cruz article.  It barely mentions Hillary. 

The bottom is falling out for Trump.  I just can't see him watching his poll numbers sink for the next 80 days.  He'll come up with some kind of excuse and quit.

I don't know @sinkspur, the whole, "Trump is gonna quit cause he can't win," narrative feels like wishful thinking to me.  I'm pretty sure we're stuck with him for the duration of the election season.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I don't know @sinkspur, the whole, "Trump is gonna quit cause he can't win," narrative feels like wishful thinking to me.  I'm pretty sure we're stuck with him for the duration of the election season.

More likely Trump sees a means of profiting from losing. He'll return to his democrat friends and promise to help destroy republicans in return for democrat favors.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The sentiment seems to be supported by the latest Reuters/Ipsos poll, which finds that nearly 1 in 5 Republicans want Trump to drop out.

What more will it take for the majority of Republicans to demand the plug be pulled on this fool?   Are we all resigned to the inevitability of a Clinton presidency?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sorry, but we will be holding you and your ilk responsible for delivering the worst PoTUS candidate in history.  This is on your hands now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Rivergirl

No.  Senator Cruz loves America far too much to be enjoying the disaster that is DT.

Offline ConstitutionRose

No.  Senator Cruz loves America far too much to be enjoying the disaster that is DT.

Agreed. It would be only human that he felt some small satisfaction in being vindicated, but I doubt he is enjoying anything about this disaster.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Just_Victor

Good point.  Being vindicated is scant consolation for what this country is in for over the next 4 to 8 years.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Agreed. It would be only human that he felt some small satisfaction in being vindicated, but I doubt he is enjoying anything about this disaster.

Like Sam Houston's warning about the civil war it destroyed his career and took his son. I doubt there was any joy in being right. Probably just sad vindication.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

True. But there is something to say for Karma. Don't forget Karma
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
True. But there is something to say for Karma. Don't forget Karma

Karma?  Karma?

The comedian?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

My thoughts exactly.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Karma?  Karma?

The comedian?

Karma Sandiego? That was a kids game, right?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

You can spam and hope and deceive all you want, Tom...... but somewhere inside, you have to know that being "Never Trump" means being more conservative than you are, and that our objections to him are that he, Donald J. Trump, is a hardcore liberal.

It's disturbing, but slightly amusing, that someone like you, who is in love with a Democrat like Trump, is working so hard to accuse the rest of us of being what you are....... the supporter of liberalism.

btw, I agree with those upthread who said that Cruz loves America, so he is grieving as we are, that America has chosen two corrupt liberals, and that we don't have a conservative option in the two major parties.

Trump, on the other hand, is probably rejoicing that he has succeeded in electing his pal, Hillary.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:56:44 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Someday you will regret your cultist type support of Heez Nuts

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Silver Pines

@TomSea, so all the polls are wrong, then?  Every one which shows Trump losing, and losing badly, in almost every state and every demographic?

Here in Virginia, he's even losing the MILITARY vote.  When was the last time a Republican candidate lost the military?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Silver Pines

What more will it take for the majority of Republicans to demand the plug be pulled on this fool?   Are we all resigned to the inevitability of a Clinton presidency?   

@Jazzhead

Jonah Goldberg ‏@JonahNRO  2h2 hours ago

HEY @Reince! Give him an exit. GIVE HIM AN EXIT? [Why can't I increase font size!?] GIVE HIM A F***ING EXIT!

Offline Just_Victor

Karma?  Karma?

The comedian?

Karma comedian.   That was Culture Club, right?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Karma comedian.   That was Culture Club, right?

Yes.