Author Topic: Citing Clinton, sailor seeks leniency in submarine photos case  (Read 1230 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Citing Clinton, sailor seeks leniency in submarine photos case

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/08/sailor-seeks-leniency-in-submarine-photos-case-by-citing-clinton-226995#ixzz4HOxKZV2L

A Navy sailor facing the possibility of years in prison for taking a handful of classified photos inside a nuclear submarine is making a bid for leniency by citing the decision not to prosecute Hillary Clinton over classified information authorities say was found in her private email account.

Petty Officer First Class Kristian Saucier, 29, is set to be sentenced Friday on a single felony charge of retaining national defense information without permission. In May, Saucier pleaded guilty in federal court in Bridgeport, Conn., admitting that while working on the U.S.S. Alexandria in 2009 he took and kept six photos showing parts of the sub's propulsion system he knew to be classified.

The defense and prosecutors agree that sentencing guidelines in the case call for a prison term of 63 to 78 months, but defense attorney Derrick Hogan cited the treatment of Clinton as he argued in a filing last week that Saucier should get probation instead.

"Democratic Presidential Candidate and former Secretary of State Hilary [sic] Clinton...has come under scrutiny for engaging in acts similar to Mr. Saucier," Hogan wrote. He noted that FBI Director James Comey said 110 emails in 52 email chains in Clinton's account contained information deemed classified at the time, including eight chains with "top secret" information and 36 with "secret" information.

"In our case, Mr. Saucier possessed six (6) photographs classified as 'confidential/restricted,' far less than Clinton's 110 emails," Hogan wrote. "It will be unjust and unfair for Mr. Saucier to receive any sentence other than probation for a crime those more powerful than him will likely avoid."

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Citing Clinton, sailor seeks leniency in submarine photos case
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:05:49 pm »
This thread is dedicated to those members who are posting that a Clinton Presidency "won't be all THAT bad."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:04:10 pm »
Did he stuff them in his undies, a la Sandy Berger?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »

Thanks Comey.

This is going to get outta control.

Obviously we have sets of laws, one for the common people, and one for the elites.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
This thread is dedicated to those members who are posting that a Clinton Presidency "won't be all THAT bad."
It "won't be all THAT bad"  because the Press won't tell you how bad it is.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »

Thanks Comey.

This is going to get outta control.

Obviously we have sets of laws, one for the common people, and one for the elites.

The more I think of July 5, the more I believe that he was stating his considered opinion that, as currently constituted, the system is so corrupted that she is going to skate. Her ascension to the WH assures that that corruption is preserved and she remains safe.

But, I guess that's "not all that bad..."

Offline unknown

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 06:25:58 pm »
The more I think of July 5, the more I believe that he was stating his considered opinion that, as currently constituted, the system is so corrupted that she is going to skate. Her ascension to the WH assures that that corruption is preserved and she remains safe.

But, I guess that's "not all that bad..."

I agree with you.

Nevertheless, he needed to do his duty. His duty was to bring charges. Then let the chips fall where they may. Instead. He failed!! He failed us. He failed his family. He failed America.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)