Author Topic: Sean Hannity accidentally dredges up disastrous old Donald Trump deal  (Read 1500 times)

Wingnut

Today 5:25 a.m. ET

In May, when Donald Trump was facing scrutiny over promised donations to veterans groups, Sean Hannity's website posted a heartwarming story of how Trump went out of his way to help veterans back in 1991. The article is based on the memories of a Marine reservist, Cpl. Ryan Stickney, who said that Trump sent his own private jet to ferry Stickney and 200 other stranded Marines back home, adding: "I have not seen a Clinton or Sanders plane, or anything else for that matter, sent to support the troops." "The Trump campaign has confirmed to Hannity.com that Mr. Trump did indeed send his plane to make two trips from North Carolina to Miami, Florida, to transport over 200 Gulf War Marines back home," the article says.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler looked into the story at the request of a reader, and on Thursday he rendered his verdict: "Sean Hannity needs to correct this article, if not pull it down. The Trump campaign earns Four Pinocchios for confirming a story that is easily debunked." The airplane, captured on photo by Cpl. Stickney, was not Trump's private jet but clearly part of the Trump Shuttle fleet, under contract with the Defense Department to transport troops in 1991. Furthermore, Trump had lost control of the airline in 1991 for failing to make loan payments, and the Trump Shuttle aircraft were flying for the Pentagon because, Kessler said, Trump "made a bad deal," agreeing to buy too many planes for his airline.

More with Trump Video at link

http://theweek.com/speedreads/642248/sean-hannity-accidentally-dredges-disastrous-old-donald-trump-deal

Offline sinkspur

Re: Sean Hannity accidentally dredges up disastrous old Donald Trump deal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »
It's increasingly clear that Trump never did a charitable thing in his life, at least not one that he didn't take credit for and get publicity for.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »
It's increasingly clear that Trump never did a charitable thing in his life, at least not one that he didn't take credit for and get publicity for.

I despise Trump as much as the next guy.  He's a con and his supporters are idiots and probably ruined our country because we will get the She-Devil.

That said, I am going to vote for Don the Con because he will probably surround himself with reasonably competent Republicans who will steer his stupid self in the right direction.  Even if it is a random direction, it will be better than Straight to Hell, which is where the She-Devil wants to send the USA.

I would, thus, encourage silent disgust at Trump and ending posting of negative stories, focusing instead on the She-Devil.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »

I would, thus, encourage silent disgust at Trump and ending posting of negative stories, focusing instead on the She-Devil.

My disgust will not be silent nor will I stop posting true story's about the Lunatic who wishes to be king.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:04:22 pm »
My disgust will not be silent nor will I stop posting true story's about the Lunatic who wishes to be king.

I fully understand and respect your position.  I am self-censoring (as opposed to TOS) and limiting myself to the occasional snarky comment for the greater good.

Reasonable minds can differ on the better approach.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »

Keep them coming.  Nice to hear the truth!

Offline r9etb

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 06:15:28 pm »
That said, I am going to vote for Don the Con because he will probably surround himself with reasonably competent Republicans who will steer his stupid self in the right direction.

What makes you believe this could happen?  His presidential campaign rather strongly suggests the opposite.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 06:47:12 pm »
What makes you believe this could happen?  His presidential campaign rather strongly suggests the opposite.

I can't disagree.  But with Don the Con, we have a CHANCE (probably a random chance) of a good result.  Hillary we know will be bad.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »
Do you think it would be dishonest to not call out both Clinton and Trump for their issues?
I do.
I have no trouble with anyone, scrutinizing any candidate, from any party.
We can't live on trust alone that this person will stop breaking the law and this other person will hire all the right people.
Blind faith in any leader, even if it may be for the greater good, could end up getting people hurt, and, possibly, killed.

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 10:30:28 pm »
Do you think it would be dishonest to not call out both Clinton and Trump for their issues?
I do.
I have no trouble with anyone, scrutinizing any candidate, from any party.
We can't live on trust alone that this person will stop breaking the law and this other person will hire all the right people.
Blind faith in any leader, even if it may be for the greater good, could end up getting people hurt, and, possibly, killed.

Where on Earth are you getting that I have "blind faith" in any leader, let alone Don the Con (as I have consistently referred to said Cheeto Jesus).

I despise the man and his idiot supporters.

I do think wise, however, to selectively self-edit (note the word "self") because Hillary is absolutely going to be terrible, while Don the Con is only probably going to be terrible.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »
Where on Earth are you getting that I have "blind faith" in any leader, let alone Don the Con (as I have consistently referred to said Cheeto Jesus).

I despise the man and his idiot supporters.

I do think wise, however, to selectively self-edit (note the word "self") because Hillary is absolutely going to be terrible, while Don the Con is only probably going to be terrible.

Okay, fair enough.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »
while Don the Con is only probably going to be terrible.

Considering the train wreck that is his campaign, I think the probability is pretty damned high that he's going to be terrible.

His only redeeming quality as president, would be the rapidity with which he's impeached, convicted, and put out to pasture.

Offline cornfed

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 12:22:14 am »

Agreed.  I am amazed that Don really doesn't admit making a mistake or apologizing.  Still on the fence to vote for him.