Author Topic: Breitbart Shows Just How Massive Trump's Jacksonville Rally Was  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Breitbart Shows Just How Massive Trump's Jacksonville Rally Was
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 12:47:22 am »
Really, last I know. The primary season is not over. 

Is truth so rare with you, that this comment is your norm?

Here's what Cruz is doing @Fantom

Ted Cruz on post-convention losing streak
The Washington Times , August 3, 2016, Stephen Dinan

Ted Cruz has gone quiet after his daring convention speech, firing off fundraising pleas for his 2018 Senate campaign but otherwise keeping a low profile as analysts say he does the hard work of rebuilding his political brand.

He’s stuck his neck out, both personally and online, to boost several conservatives in the Cruz mold — only to see them lose their primaries.

And Mr. Cruz has fired off statements, both on Twitter and through his Senate office, pursuing some of his favorite policy issues, including bashing President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran and demanding an end to sanctuary cities. But the candidate, who was a frequent fixture on the airwaves for much of the previous year, has been strikingly absent after he was jeered off the stage in Cleveland two weeks ago.

Neither his Senate office nor his campaign responded to requests for comment about the senator’s activities.

“It does seem that he’s gone to ground,” said Cal Jillson, a political scientist at Southern Methodist University.

Mr. Jillson said the lower-key schedule is to be expected after the long primary, and particularly with Mr. Cruz’s day job in the Senate on hold as the chamber is off on a seven-week vacation.

Mr. Cruz’s one public appearance was to present the key to an accessible home to a wounded veteran, Jack Zimmerman.

Instead of being out and about, Mr. Cruz appears to be worried about his campaign bottom line, firing off a couple of pleas to supporters to pony up contributions ahead of his re-election race — which isn’t for another two years.

Immediately after his convention speech, Mr. Cruz seemed to sense a vulnerability after several high-profile Democrats signaled they may take a look at challenging him in 2018.

“This November, it is critical we elect conservatives up and down the ballot in order to prevent a liberal takeover of Washington D.C. But our opponents are already making plans to defeat us, so we cannot afford to wait to engage until 2018,” Mr. Cruz said in his appeal.

<snip>

And he’s dipped his toe back into elections.

Just days after his convention speech, Mr. Cruz appeared in Georgia to campaign with state Sen. Mike Crane, who The Atlanta Journal-Constitution described as a state-level version of Mr. Cruz. The crowd at the Crane event gave Mr. Cruz a standing ovation when he mentioned his convention speech, which he called his “little-noticed talk,” the paper reported.

Still, it was for naught: Mr. Crane was defeated in a GOP primary runoff for a seat in Congress just days after Mr. Cruz campaigned with him.

And then, over the last few days, Mr. Cruz went to bat for Rep. Tim Huelskamp, a Kansas Republican and close ally in both stances and strategy. Both had been harshly critical of their party’s congressional leaders.

But Mr. Cruz’s backing was ineffective, as Mr. Huelskamp lost his primary Tuesday to an establishment-backed Republican, Roger Marshall.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/3/ted-cruz-quiet-after-convention-speech-working-to-/

Offline Fantom

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 12:47:31 am »
And there have only been a couple of primaries since the end of May, Cruz endorsements are 2 for 3.  (Gerin (Michigan) and Glenn (Colorado) wins, Huelskamp (Kansas) loss).

Thanxs for the info.. I know Ted was in Georgia awhile back and the crowds were enthusiastic... unlike what the media frenzy was portraying at the time.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 12:54:46 am »
A number TOTALLY not inflated by bots.

No, it's not.  It's tallied in real time by the streaming site....and it fluctuates as people enter and leave.  The number I quoted was at the close of the rally ... it was actually higher at other times.   :shrug: 

Offline Fantom

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:57:40 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 12:59:14 am »
And yet...... http://www.dailywire.com/news/6697/ted-cruz-just-endorsed-someone-hank-berrien

Strange thing truth...huh.

Okay ... but it doesn't negate the reporting in TWT.   :shrug:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 01:06:06 am »
Okay ... but it doesn't negate the reporting in TWT.   :shrug:

This does.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/20/ted-cruz-colorado-darryl-glenn-obama-orlando-shooting/

Former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz endorsed U.S. Senate candidate Darryl Glenn at a campaign event Monday in Denver, calling him “a principled fighter” and asking Colorado voters to send him “reinforcements” in Washington.

“Colorado represents one of the best pickup opportunities across the country to replace a liberal Democrat with a principled constitutionalist conservative,” Cruz said in an exclusive interview with The Denver Post. “In this race we are blessed to have an extraordinary candidate.”

Likewise, as the primary season is not over... your first statement is false on it's face.

Running and hiding behind the skirts of a media article notwithstanding.

You SHOULD be ashamed of yourself.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 01:20:43 am »
No he's not.   Everyone he's campaigned for has lost their primary.   :shrug:

Trump too.  Endorsed and made robo calls for Rene Ellmers, who lost her primary.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 01:21:42 am »
Seems that is The Donalds snicker candidate too.

Interesting............ RiV KNOWS that it is forbidden on this forum to accuse people who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton, because it is a baldfaced LIE, and yet she does it anyway.

And just think........... she's a moderator in the Trump play space......

And has no problem with both lying and breaking the TBR rules.

Why am I not surprised that Trump attracts ethic-challenged groupies???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 01:27:09 am »
Interesting............ RiV KNOWS that it is forbidden on this forum to accuse people who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton, because it is a baldfaced LIE, and yet she does it anyway.

I was not going to bring that up..but yes.  So I just turned it instead.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30:02 am »
But she's not because she's ethics-challenged......... and desperately in love.

Why..oh why do I feel like I just stepped in it?

Having been married.. I know the right answer..Yes Mams..  :smokin:

'''''''
[

P.S My Cat just typed those last two lines...you figure it out.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30:22 am »
I was not going to bring that up..but yes.  So I just turned it instead.

The hypocrisy jumped out at me.  One who is supposed to be able to mediate threads with equity breaks the rules with impunity.

It's pathetic.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 01:31:24 am »
Why..oh why do I feel like I just stepped in it?

Having been married.. I know the right answer..Yes Mams..  :smokin:

'''''''
[

P.S My Cat just typed those last two lines...you figure it out.

:silly:

btw, your cat makes more sense when he types than Donald Trump does when he tweets.

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 01:56:20 am »
Interesting............ RiV KNOWS that it is forbidden on this forum to accuse people who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton,

Relax, MusicLady .... I've apologized.

Stand down.

Silver Pines

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 02:01:56 am »
How many folks is YOUR candidate attracting?   :pondering:

@Right_in_Virginia

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz  5h5 hours ago

Real talk: Trump is cratering. 📉

He needs to overhaul his general-election strategy if he wants to have any hope of winning in 95 days.

Charles C. W. CookeVerified account

A bloodbath. And it was always going to be one.

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 02:08:43 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Frank Luntz ‏@FrankLuntz  5h5 hours ago

Real talk: Trump is cratering. 📉

He needs to overhaul his general-election strategy if he wants to have any hope of winning in 95 days.

Charles C. W. CookeVerified account

A bloodbath. And it was always going to be one.

Are you pleased with or upset by this opinion @CatherineofAragon ?

geronl

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 02:39:29 am »
Once upon a time, I got to thinking. I haven't done it again since.

Me, I said, what do you want, really really want?

and do you know what the answer was?

I'll tell you.

Stuffed Crust Pizza!

and I never needed to think ever since.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 02:41:03 am »
Are you pleased with or upset by this opinion @CatherineofAragon ?

It isn't an opinion that Trump is going down.  It's hard reality.

That's what happens when you nominate a flailing, incompetent, braying oaf.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 02:42:14 am »
It isn't an opinion that Trump is going down.  It's hard reality.

That's what happens when you nominate a flailing, incompetent, braying oaf.

You have a way with words, @CatherineofAragon !   :patriot:

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 02:43:29 am »
Geron, you know he hated having to eat that pizza without his bone china from Harrod's and his gold-plated cutlery with the mink tassels.

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2016, 02:44:39 am »
You have a way with words, @CatherineofAragon !   :patriot:

:beer:

Thank you, musiclady!

geronl

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 02:47:40 am »
Geron, you know he hated having to eat that pizza without his bone china from Harrod's and his gold-plated cutlery with the mink tassels.

lol. apparently he does eat a lot of junk food though

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2016, 02:57:31 am »
lol. apparently he does eat a lot of junk food though

Result:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2016, 03:17:49 am »
Interesting............ RiV KNOWS that it is forbidden on this forum to accuse people who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton, because it is a baldfaced LIE, and yet she does it anyway. And just think........... she's a moderator in the Trump play space...... And has no problem with both lying and breaking the TBR rules. Why am I not surprised that Trump attracts ethic-challenged groupies???

An edit to my post to make it more exact:  I noticed that (accusing people who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton) - her post was, "Well ... actually this was your candidate's crowd:" and the picture was Clinton at a gathering. 

RIV is snarky with her comments to never Trumpers, no deep thinking, may have an IQ problem, so she is on my Ignore list.  I don't see her posts very often due to that.  Yes, she is a moderator.  It would be good if she could change her method of responding to members.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:03:08 am by Victoria33 »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2016, 03:20:36 am »
I noticed that - her post said something like, "Your candidate, Hillary Clinton..."
She is snarky with her comments to never Trumpers, no deep thinking, may have an IQ problem, so she is on my Ignore list.  I don't see her posts very often due to that.  Yes, she is a moderator and also an owner of this forum.  It would be good if she could change her method of responding to members.

RiV is not an owner here. The only two owners are @R4 TrumPence and @mystery-ak