Author Topic: Poll: Dem Hassan leads Ayotte by 10 in NH Senate race  (Read 1812 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Dem Hassan leads Ayotte by 10 in NH Senate race
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »
August 04, 2016, 08:53 am
Poll: Dem Hassan leads Ayotte by 10 in NH Senate race

By Jesse Byrnes

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) trails her Democratic challenger, Gov. Maggie Hassan, by 10 points, according to a new poll released Thursday.

Hassan has 50 percent support in the WBUR poll, with Ayotte at 40 percent. It's the biggest lead for Hassan to date in polls of the race.

The poll also found Democrat Hillary Clinton ahead of Republican Donald Trump by 15 percentage points in the presidential race in New Hampshire. Clinton has 47 percent support to Trump's 32 percent. In a head-to-head race without third-party candidates, Clinton's lead is 17 points.

More than 6 in 10 New Hampshire voters, 63 percent, said Trump was unfit to be president, while 31 percent said he was fit.

Views of Clinton were more split, with 48 saying she was fit compared to 46 percent saying she was not.

"There's a very close relationship between the votes for Kelly Ayotte and Donald Trump," explained Steve Koczela, president of MassInc Polling, which conducted the WBUR poll.

"Their support is sort of locked together. And with the direction that Donald Trump seems to be heading in, Kelly Ayotte's task is to somehow decouple those two," he said.

Trump swiped at Ayotte earlier this week in an interview with The Washington Post.

“I don’t know Kelly Ayotte,” Trump said. “I know she’s given me no support — zero support — and yet I’m leading her in the polls. I’m doing very well in New Hampshire."

The poll of 609 likely New Hampshire voters was conducted July 29–Aug. 1 via landlines and cellphones with a margin of error of 4 percentage points.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/290362-new-hampshire-poll-ayotte-trails-by-10-points
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Poll: Dem Hassan leads Ayotte by 10 in NH Senate race
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:11:32 pm »
I hope Ayotte can survive this.

It's not just whether Trump could hurt her status, Governors like Jindal or Walker or Christie can all run into problems if the State's economy is not doing well.  Jindal had a low approval rating at the end, love the guy but the economy was ailing.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 04:24:40 pm »
I hope that Ayotte goes down hard.  She was one of Palin's original "Mama Grizzlies" who turned her back on the Conservatives who got her elected, and became a disciple of McCain and Graham.  Can't stand her, so I hope the Rat beats her.

And then there was THIS:

New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5e2a7fa5e3a2422cbd8772cad436a1d9/new-hampshires-ayotte-plays-foil-ted-cruz
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:29:30 pm »
I hope that Ayotte goes down hard.  She was one of Palin's original "Mama Grizzlies" who turned her back on the Conservatives who got her elected, and became a disciple of McCain and Graham.  Can't stand her, so I hope the Rat beats her.

And then there was THIS:

New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5e2a7fa5e3a2422cbd8772cad436a1d9/new-hampshires-ayotte-plays-foil-ted-cruz

Maybe Lindsay or McCain can give her a job cleaning toilets. It would be a lateral move as she has done exactly that for them all along.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 04:33:47 pm »

It is so disheartening to hear crap like this.   Ayotte's ACU rating is a solid 86%,  yet you'd prefer she be replaced with a Dem who'd likely have an ACU rating of 5%.  Remember,  she's a GOP Senator from New England - a rara avis.  You can't expect to survive in New England as a social conservative.   But she's poison to you.   Good God.   

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we have met the enemy, and he is us.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:19 pm »
Kelly Ayotte is at the very least, a moderately conservative Republican. Her opponent is (surprise!) a down-the-line leftist who never wavers from the Democrat party line.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 04:47:13 pm »
Maybe Lindsay or McCain can give her a job cleaning toilets. It would be a lateral move as she has done exactly that for them all along.

I remember the ugly scene during a closed-door Republican Senators meeting when she got up into Cruz's face, screaming at him, because DeMint's American Enterprise Institute was holding her feet to the fire over her leftward drift.

:thumbsdown:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 04:50:25 pm »
It is so disheartening to hear crap like this.   Ayotte's ACU rating is a solid 86%,  yet you'd prefer she be replaced with a Dem who'd likely have an ACU rating of 5%.  Remember,  she's a GOP Senator from New England - a rara avis.  You can't expect to survive in New England as a social conservative.   But she's poison to you.   Good God.   

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we have met the enemy, and he is us.

Nope.  I have a long memory and a bunch of old bookmarks to stories about her growing liberalism and rubbing noses with Obama, so she's going the way of Snowe and Collins.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »
Nope.  I have a long memory and a bunch of old bookmarks to stories about her growing liberalism and rubbing noses with Obama, so she's going the way of Snowe and Collins.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Then don't complain when the Senate flips.   The perfect is the enemy of the good, you know. 

Or maybe you don't.   

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 05:01:25 pm »
Then don't complain when the Senate flips.   The perfect is the enemy of the good, you know. 

Or maybe you don't.   

Honestly, at this point, I don't care.  The Republicans are no better than the Democrats.  Hatch and Graham after all gave us Kagan and Sotomajor, as well as Lynch, so what's the point?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 05:05:59 pm »

Or maybe you don't.   

The Senate was going to flip anyway, it was a matter of how much. R's have 2/3 of the seats to defend, and the majority has not performed as McConnell promised they would during the 2014 midterms.

Recent history illustrates that the average Dem does better than the average Pubbie during Presidential election years. Pubbies make up for it during mid-terms. Schumer best not make any long term plans for his tenure as Majority Leader.

There's still over 3 months to go, and the average voter usually doesn't start paying attention until after Labor Day.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 05:08:31 pm »
Honestly, at this point, I don't care.  The Republicans are no better than the Democrats.  Hatch and Graham after all gave us Kagan and Sotomajor, as well as Lynch, so what's the point?

No kidding...virtually everyone who's been in Congress more than 10 years is part of the problem. I'm still hoping for a Cruz/Brat ticket...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 05:13:57 pm »

I agree.  Ayotte is very influential in the GOP Senate Caucus.  I happen to like her.  Dumb to oppose her, but Trump's dragging her down.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 05:16:00 pm »

Hatch and Graham didn't give us anybody.  The Senate approved Lynch and Kagan and Sotomayor when it was in Democrat hands.

Or do you not know how the Senate works?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 05:29:26 pm »

Or maybe you don't.   
With the mess our country is in, I don't think that's true anymore. We need perfect to undo it at this point. Settling just sends us further down the road to progressivism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 05:35:27 pm »
With the mess our country is in, I don't think that's true anymore. We need perfect to undo it at this point. Settling just sends us further down the road to progressivism.

But you're not going to get "perfect", and insistence on perfection just guarantees a genuinely bad result. 

We live in the world as it is, not as we'd wish it to be.   I've always been an advocate of incremental progress, which is why I was so supportive of John Kasich, who poll after poll said could actually WIN - and who'd sign into law a GOP Congress's conservative legislation.

Instead we will get Clinton and a Dem Congress.   Trump's right about one thing - the Dems are a whole hell of a lot better than us at strategic thinking.   

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 06:21:46 pm »
But you're not going to get "perfect", and insistence on perfection just guarantees a genuinely bad result. 

We live in the world as it is, not as we'd wish it to be.   I've always been an advocate of incremental progress, which is why I was so supportive of John Kasich, who poll after poll said could actually WIN - and who'd sign into law a GOP Congress's conservative legislation.

Instead we will get Clinton and a Dem Congress.   Trump's right about one thing - the Dems are a whole hell of a lot better than us at strategic thinking.   

No is perfect cause human beings is not perfect. That is true the Dems do a lot better when it comes to strategy and think long term while people here think short term.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »

Most modern conservatives are mindless drones who do and think whatever talk radio tells them to do and think. You're wasting your time I'm afraid.

geronl

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 06:42:31 pm »
Trump is the best thing that has ever happened to the Democrats. This was going to be a big GOP year before he started

geronl

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »

The Trump Effect.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »
Most modern conservatives are mindless drones who do and think whatever talk radio tells them to do and think. You're wasting your time I'm afraid.

Sadly you right..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/