Author Topic: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper  (Read 86836 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2016, 12:59:45 am »
I drew unemployment many many years ago during a downturn, but learned then that those are part of the industry. This last time the flags went up when oil dropped below 100, when it broke support at 80, I really started putting money away (self-employed don't get unemployment). By the time my rig was laid down, Everything was paid off and I had enough to get by for a year. Of course, a lot of pending purchases and upgrades were put on hold, but everything is livable and functional, and paid off.
Funny how you go from paying 100K in taxes one year to making less than 20K the next.
I had a friend who applied for food stamps in '82 (which looked like the oil patch in '86 elsewhere), and the woman (who literally hung over the sides of her chair seat) told him he could have eight dollars the first month and maybe ten dollars the second. He shredded the application booklet over her desk and told her to gather it up and use it for a suppository.
I never bothered to apply. A country boy can survive...

It was never about helping people when they need help! It was, and is, about keeping certain voting blocks voting for Democrats no matter what!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2016, 01:05:40 am »
It was never about helping people when they need help! It was, and is, about keeping certain voting blocks voting for Democrats no matter what!
Exactly right. Recall LBJ's comments about how that would have a specific bloc voting Democrat for the next 50 years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2016, 01:13:10 am »
Exactly right. Recall LBJ's comments about how that would have a specific bloc voting Democrat for the next 50 years.

:thumbsup:  :beer:

But most have no idea about that unfortunately.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2016, 02:27:35 am »
His 50 years are up. And so is theirs.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:05 am »
His 50 years are up. And so is theirs.
It's beginning to look that way. Silly liberals, they always overreach. They went a Fergusson too far.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2016, 02:37:58 am »
I'm pretty cynical. Hillary is the great powers' darling. Gonna be interesting times when she can't make it. What is plan b? What yuge crisis will they create?

Maybe they'll look around and say, "What this place needs is a big fat hairy war".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

« Reply #506 on: August 22, 2016, 05:29:34 am »
I see hillary met with her true masters--the Rothchilds. Her victory assured. The die is cast. The dye is cast. So I abstain. I cannot give tacit approval to a system I believe to be defunct.

"Hillary has taken her role as a fricatrice so seriously she makes the Whore of Babylon look like a virgin."

Interesting that you see the Rothchilds as the power behind the throne.  Classic anti-semtic trope, the Z.O.G. (Zionist Occupied Government).

Offline verga

« Reply #507 on: August 22, 2016, 09:21:23 am »
@Bigun @Smokin Joe exactly what I thought when I read bigun's comment. I drew unemployment back in my 20's. Since then IO have been unemployed twice. I took any job I could just to carry myself through.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #508 on: October 01, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »
For various reasons, I have been inactive here for quite a time. The current political scene has, perhaps, brought me back. And I thought back to this thread which we had in 2016. It was the best discussion I ever participated in.

My "misgivings" about HRC are confirmed 100% in light of what is being revealed about Democrat criminality in their 2016 power grab in a failed attempt to win a third and fourth Obama term. It, of course, failed. But, it looked like they had gotten away with it.

Last night, Rudy made me cheer out loud on Hannity. When asked if he would testify if subpoenaed, his words were sharp enough, but the look of his face was pure B'rer Rabbit..... "PLEASE, Don't throw me in that briar  ptch."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #509 on: October 01, 2019, 02:46:17 pm »
Glad you’re back, @don-o

These certainly are troubling times. We’ll need every republican, conservative, Independent and disaffected democrat of conscience on board. We can’t let the Comeys, Pelosis, Schiffs and Tlaibs get away with this.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #510 on: October 01, 2019, 02:53:35 pm »
For various reasons, I have been inactive here for quite a time. The current political scene has, perhaps, brought me back. And I thought back to this thread which we had in 2016. It was the best discussion I ever participated in.

My "misgivings" about HRC are confirmed 100% in light of what is being revealed about Democrat criminality in their 2016 power grab in a failed attempt to win a third and fourth Obama term. It, of course, failed. But, it looked like they had gotten away with it.

Last night, Rudy made me cheer out loud on Hannity. When asked if he would testify if subpoenaed, his words were sharp enough, but the look of his face was pure B'rer Rabbit..... "PLEASE, Don't throw me in that briar  ptch."

The rats realize that and so of course are subpoena-ing documents only. Giuliani needs to refuse and loudly demand to appear before the committee in person. I'd pay-per-view that one.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #511 on: October 01, 2019, 03:00:36 pm »
The rats realize that and so of course are subpoena-ing documents only. Giuliani needs to refuse and loudly demand to appear before the committee in person. I'd pay-per-view that one.
Say he refuses to supply documents and they issue contempt of Congress? Does that allow him to  demand a hearing? I would pay as well!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #512 on: October 01, 2019, 07:24:38 pm »
Good to see you @don-o.  Very troubling times indeed.

Offline corbe

« Reply #513 on: October 01, 2019, 07:29:31 pm »
   Welcome back @don-o
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.