Author Topic: Federal Judge Allows Suit Against Trump University to Proceed via 8/2 ruling  (Read 806 times)

Wingnut

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/politics/trump-university-case.html

A federal lawsuit by former Trump University students against the school’s founder, Donald J. Trump, will proceed toward trial, the judge in the case ruled on Tuesday.

In a written decision, Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel rejected a motion by Mr. Trump’s lawyers to dismiss the case, concluding that the aggrieved former students had raised a genuine question about whether Mr. Trump had “knowingly participated in a scheme to defraud.”

The case, in federal court in San Diego, has been a nagging concern for Mr. Trump’s Republican campaign for the presidency, as he pushes back against claims made by former students that his school cheated them out of their tuition by using high-pressure sales tactics and deceptive claims about what they would learn.

At one point, Mr. Trump publicly denounced the rulings of Judge Curiel, who was born in Indiana, and questioned whether he would be biased because of his Mexican heritage. Mr. Trump’s political opponents have repeatedly turned the case against him, including during the recent Democratic National Convention.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Good!  It NEEDS to go to trial and now it will!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Good!  It NEEDS to go to trial and now it will!

888high58888