Author Topic: LOOK who’s going to CHALLENGE TED CRUZ for his U.S. Senate seat!  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: LOOK who’s going to CHALLENGE TED CRUZ for his U.S. Senate seat!
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
Good point.  Then all he has is excessive exposure unless he can recoup his liabilities.  Otherwise, he is in fact destitute.

If I may, a personal observation from preparing tax returns for 30 years. Trump's tax returns would be quite revealing regarding the amount of wealth he has. All you need to do is look at the K-1s from the hundreds of LLCs, Sub-S corporations, and partnerships he is involved in. In each K-1, the amount of equity is shown, from there it would give the reader a much better idea of his net worth. Those K-1s also show the ingress and egress of capital accounts during the tax year, too.

My superiors at the FDIC availed themselves of my knowledge during my five years there. When an offer in compromise was made regarding a business loan modification, I'd take a look at their business returns to see the history of capital transactions by each partner. In one instance, they increased their bid from $16 million to $27 million virtually overnight, on a loan with an original value of $40 Million. We took the offer, because that reflected the market value of the underlying asset at the time.

The longer Trump holds out in releasing his returns, the worse he looks IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »
I wonder why he sold his yacht to a Saudi Prince?

needed the money?

Offline etcb

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »
I wonder if some of you anti-Trumpers realize how much you sound like the pro-Trumpers on FR? Just some food for thought.

I'm pro Cruz all the way. I voted for him for TX senate, voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him again for whatever office given the chance.

I will also very likely vote for Trump.  I haven't forgotten who the Clintons are.  Obama has already done the heavy lifting for Hillary.   Putting the final nail into our once constitutional republic coffin will be a cakewalk for her. Don't kid yourselves into thinking any differently.  No matter how bad you think Trump is, he's not as bad as Hillary and he's going to have lots of resistance by both parties to get anything done.  Not so for Hillary. She will have the red carpet and magic pen.  I'll take my chances with Trump.

I don't care if you vote or not, just please don't become that which chased you off from FR. It's kinda sad and painful to watch. I happen to have the utmost respect for mystery-ak and R4whoeverthisweek.  I am 100+% sure they didn't set this place up to be an anti anything or who site except for the Dems.

/rant
Thanks for your comment.  As a fellow refugee from FR, I have had the same feeling.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 05:29:58 pm »
Seems that one of the reasons Ted Cruz fired Katrina Pierson from his senate campaign was that she was caught emailing jokes about Greg Abbott being in a wheelchair or something

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »
But there is a difference between Trump supporters and Clinton supporters.  Otherwise they'd all be supporting and voting for Clinton.  I suspect the Trump supporters on this forum are mostly silent...for the same reason the anti Trump posters left FR.
Actually they are not silent here at all, and unlike TOS, no one here gets banned for supporting or not supporting anyone, and that's why the #Never Trumps aren't at FR, because over there they can't handle anyone that does not worship their Lord Trump so they Zot them and ban them. If you want a place that is all monochrome and supporting of Trump then FR is the place to be.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »
He is a minority partner in at least one property and can't sell. He only "gets paid" if it is sold.

Let me assure you (as a real estate broker for over 25 years) that partial interests in commercial real estate holdings are sold, traded, refinanced, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2016, 06:24:39 pm »
One of the owners of this site is pro Trump. They have been mostly silent lately because even they...in their blind support for Orange Jesus cant find any way to defend or spin the mind numbingly stupid things hes been saying and doing lately.

Actually, I have been quite busy making calls for Trump, McCrory, etal.... :0012: :broc: :woohoo:

oh everyone, please get back on topic.   :beer:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 06:27:56 pm by R4 TrumPence »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »
Let me assure you (as a real estate broker for over 25 years) that partial interests in commercial real estate holdings are sold, traded, refinanced, etc.

Yep!  That's how it works!!! Been there done that 888high58888

Realtor 11years and counting :seeya:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2016, 06:36:14 pm »
I wonder if some of you anti-Trumpers realize how much you sound like the pro-Trumpers on FR? Just some food for thought.

I'm pro Cruz all the way. I voted for him for TX senate, voted for him in the primaries and will vote for him again for whatever office given the chance.

I will also very likely vote for Trump.  I haven't forgotten who the Clintons are.  Obama has already done the heavy lifting for Hillary.   Putting the final nail into our once constitutional republic coffin will be a cakewalk for her. Don't kid yourselves into thinking any differently.  No matter how bad you think Trump is, he's not as bad as Hillary and he's going to have lots of resistance by both parties to get anything done.  Not so for Hillary. She will have the red carpet and magic pen.  I'll take my chances with Trump.

I don't care if you vote or not, just please don't become that which chased you off from FR. It's kinda sad and painful to watch. I happen to have the utmost respect for mystery-ak and R4whoeverthisweek.  I am 100+% sure they didn't set this place up to be an anti anything or who site except for the Dems.

/rant

Well at least you can admit it is taking a chance.  Can't wait for Trump to appoint his pro abortionist sister Judge to the Supreme Court.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:21 pm »

/rant

Thank you MAF, for the articulate, informative, and thoughtful post. It is refreshing. :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »
But there is a difference between Trump supporters and Clinton supporters.  Otherwise they'd all be supporting and voting for Clinton.  I suspect the Trump supporters on this forum are mostly silent...for the same reason the anti Trump posters left FR.
MOST of the neverTrumps on this board were either zotted outright from TOS or left because it was toxic, punitive and made very clear from the owner that we were not welcome to even lurk there.

The few Trump militants on this board - get their digs into the neverTrumps, but because of board policy - no one gets zotted or banned simply over whom they support, not support or ridicule, unless it crosses over into personal assault and  bash-the-mods territory.

I'm not here to support Trump. I'm here (today) to bring awareness to how Trump voters, like me, not necessarily a "supporter", are being treated on this forum.

I'm certain there are generalizations being made because of the way FR has become so crazy, but if a distinction is not made, how do posters here know you aren't talking about them ahen you call them hateful and crazy? ( not you specifically)

I just think there needs to be some caution about not becoming that which you can't stand and fled from FR.

Not possible.  We have no power to ban anyone or ginning up a mob start insulting you, threatening you and telling you to get off this site simply because you do not share in total, our complete political viewpoint.  There's a big difference in running the risk of being banned over stating whom you support or posting anything seen as a negative about the creatures and cretins running for office.

Open vociferous debate is what has been eliminated from TOS for groupthink conformity.  Open and heated debate still exists here, within set boundaries, despite the fact some may not like it.

Complaining about how you are 'treated' is often a tactic employed to silence opposition.   The old place is just an echo chamber, and this place is not despite the fact the majority here are non-Trump refugees from there.   Becoming what TOS became in the opposition to Trump alone is not likely here given the owners.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 07:15:43 pm »

/rant

A good *rant* and points well taken.

We try very hard here to keep TBR a respected forum. We have brilliant posters on both sides of the issues. It's not always possible to keep peace on a busy political forum but we try. It basically up to the members on what kind of forum you want..do you want a reverse of FR?...I surely hope not. It's always been our goal here that all opinions matter and they should not be demeaned in any way. Please keep that in mind when you are writing your response to another poster please.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2016, 07:28:53 pm »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2016, 07:30:05 pm »
I'm not here to support Trump. I'm here (today) to bring awareness to how Trump voters, like me, not necessarily a "supporter", are being treated on this forum.

I'm certain there are generalizations being made because of the way FR has become so crazy, but if a distinction is not made, how do posters here know you aren't talking about them ahen you call them hateful and crazy? ( not you specifically)

I just think there needs to be some caution about not becoming that which you can't stand and fled from FR.

That ship sailed months ago...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »

Really?  Where's the list of zotted Briefers?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 07:48:24 pm »
And no one threw you off the pier?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Just because we disagree doesn't mean we are as nasty about it as the folks there were, and you aren't under constant threat of being banned because you disagree with us.

What a difference that makes.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:52:10 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2016, 08:16:44 pm »

Again, wheres that gleeful list of zotted former members that have been contributors here for years?

Care to produce it?

If you honestly think that of this board, why are you still here? 

If you require groupthink then you already have myriad former Conservative forums and social media groups that are now 100% Pro-Trump echo chambers that have forcibly run off or banned every single person who they even remotely suspected of not worshipping the spray-tanned prince.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775