Author Topic: Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention  (Read 3239 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
« on: July 27, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
Rush Limbaugh, July 27, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I really don't believe that I have ever seen what I just saw.  I've been thinking.  I've been trying to dig deep into the dark crevices of my memory, and I don't think I've ever seen what I just saw.  Donald Trump just hijacked the Democrat convention after the biggest night of that convention so far.  Donald Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, just concluded, right in time for this program to begin. (They got the memo.)

He just concluded a freewheeling, no-holds-barred, no-controls-on-the-media, "Whatever you want to ask me, ask me," press conference the day after the supposedly biggest event yet in the Democrat National Convention. He just totally hijacked it, and he was brilliant.  He was on his game.  This was the Trump from last fall.  He was confident, he was hilarious, he was taking no BS from anyone in the media. He was challenging Hillary to do the same thing and calling her out, saying she hasn't done a press conference in over a year.

And she can't do what Trump did today.  Hillary Clinton intellectually, personality-wise, is not capable. She's not capable of doing what Donald Trump did today.  I have never seen a Republican presidential nominee even get involved in the Democrat convention.  My experience is that the playbook in the professional, insider world of politics is that when one party is having its convention, the other party goes silent.

They don't run any ads, they don't do any press conferences, they don't do any appearances -- or very few.  It's a courtesy.  It's a courtesy and tradition, I guess, that's been extended.  There have been violations, of course, here and there over the years. But, for the most part, it is a time-honored tradition that has been honored.  Now, during the Republican convention, yeah, the Democrats have daily reaction to it; that always happens.

But what Trump did today, I have never seen in my lifetime: A Republican presidential nominee go out and do a 10-minute, 30-minute, much less one-hour press conference and just refuting everything he's heard at the Democrat convention to date. He just blew it up.  And, in addition to that, he answered questions about this email business and the hack and the Russians and so forth.

It just has the media outraged.  They can't believe that Trump said some of the things that he said when he was commenting before he took questions on the speech by Bill Clinton last night -- which we're gonna get into, of course.  Hang in there.  Trump said -- and this is classic. This is a classic demonstration that he has a performer's ego and understands how to deploy it. He said, "I kept waiting.

<snip>

RUSH: I am in awe here.  This just has not been done.  This is a literally hijacking.  Like I was saying, I expected the first thing out of my mouth today and for awhile was gonna be the Bill Clinton speech last night.  And I heard that Trump was gonna do a presser from Miami, and I said, "Okay, cool." But it wasn't until halfway through, maybe not even halfway through it that I realized the first thing I'm gonna do talking about today is Donald Trump, not Bill Clinton.

The first thing I'm gonna be talking about is Trump and this press conference and not Bill Clinton, not because of partisan preference, just because the news is the news.  And the Democrat convention and what happened last night is now old news because of what Donald Trump did today, and there isn't a Republican -- certainly not a Republican presidential nominee -- who's ever done anything like this or who would.

Pick one. George H. W. Bush? No. This would never happen. He would be too disrespectful. "Not prudent." George W. Bush? Double-down no way.  "Not gonna interfere in the political process. Not gonna sully, not gonna soil, not gonna dirty the process here by interceding in a political fashion. Not gonna do it. Not gonna go there." Who else?  Reagan? Maybe, but that's so... Who knows? But the point is, there isn't a Republican nominee, there isn't a Republican candidate for nominee who would do it.

Read more:  http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/07/27/trump_hijacks_the_democrat_convention
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Hijacks the Democrat Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »
@WAC @R4 TrumPence  @sinkspur  @TomSea  @LonestarDream @ArneFufkin

Thought you'd like to read this!!   :beer:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:05:54 PM by Right_in_Virginia »
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:29:09 PM »
No thanks.  Rush is throne-sniffer-in-chief for Trump. 

Trump doesn't know the difference between the former governor of Virginia (Kaine) and the former governor of New Jersey (Kean).
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 02:38:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, @sinkspur.  Always appreciated.   ^-^

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:45:38 PM »
"I've never met Putin.  I don't know who Putin is."

I'm going to guess this is the same kind of "I don't know who David Duke is." statement.  Is the guy capable of using words to say what he actually means?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »
"I've never met Putin.  I don't know who Putin is."

I'm going to guess this is the same kind of "I don't know who David Duke is." statement.  Is the guy capable of using words to say what he actually means?

It's just like with comedians; no matter how hard they tried, they wouldn't be succe$$ful by telling all truth. Nor could they be successful by telling all lies.

I believe the world is laughing at us now, while Trump is on stage [his supporters nearby], enjoying every minute of his show.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Trump "One of the saddest things I see are college students that work so hard, they go to colleges, good colleges.  They're good students, they do a great job.  Number one they get out they have no jobs, because our jobs are going to Mexico, they're going to China, they're going to Japan, they're going all over the place.  They're not coming here.  Just like my friend who builds the plants but he doesn't build them here much.  And the saddest thing I see is, these students, are leveraged in debt, up to their, up to their neck. They can't breathe.  They're scared.  They're so scared they have leveraged their entire life, they've leveraged their entire life.  They have loans.  And I have to tell you the colleges are viewing the students as just a conduit because the students get government money, passes through, but the number get higher and higher because college costs are out of control because the colleges say "what difference does it make?"  You take a look at the salaries being paid, you take a look at what's going on at the colleges, because all it is is a pass through.  And the students are a conduit.  So the colleges are costing so much money.  We are going to help the students.  Maybe it doesn't fit beautifully within the republican framework, but I've told this during various times to lots of different people and nobody has a problem with it. We have to help our students.  Our students are under tremendous pressure to a point it is making them sick.  Our students are under tremendous pressure.  We have to help our students and I'm going to have a plan over the next four weeks."

Report asks further related question.

Trump :  "Everything is on the table. You'll see.  Everything.  It's a very important, it's a very important subject."

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 04:21:11 PM »
.../
I believe the world is laughing at us now, while Trump is on stage [his supporters nearby], enjoying every minute of his show.

Interesting take @mlizzy    I think the world is silently cheering him on.  Today the world is living through the ramifications and turmoil of an America weakened and without direction and vision ----and they're not liking it.  I think all of the rational Western world understands we will not survive a President Hillary.

I think President Trump will be quite welcomed on the world stage.   ^-^

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:22:17 PM by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »
Best election.....EVER!!!!  @Right_in_Virginia

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »
Trump "One of the saddest things I see are college students that work so hard, they go to colleges, good colleges.  They're good students, they do a great job.  Number one they get out they have no jobs, because our jobs are going to Mexico, they're going to China, they're going to Japan, they're going all over the place.  They're not coming here.  Just like my friend who builds the plants but he doesn't build them here much.  And the saddest thing I see is, these students, are leveraged in debt, up to their, up to their neck. They can't breathe.  They're scared.  They're so scared they have leveraged their entire life, they've leveraged their entire life.  They have loans.  And I have to tell you the colleges are viewing the students as just a conduit because the students get government money, passes through, but the number get higher and higher because college costs are out of control because the colleges say "what difference does it make?"  You take a look at the salaries being paid, you take a look at what's going on at the colleges, because all it is is a pass through.  And the students are a conduit.  So the colleges are costing so much money.  We are going to help the students.  Maybe it doesn't fit beautifully within the republican framework, but I've told this during various times to lots of different people and nobody has a problem with it. We have to help our students.  Our students are under tremendous pressure to a point it is making them sick.  Our students are under tremendous pressure.  We have to help our students and I'm going to have a plan over the next four weeks."

Report asks further related question.

Trump :  "Everything is on the table. You'll see.  Everything.  It's a very important, it's a very important subject."

The title of this thread ought to be TRUMP HIJACKS THE DEMOCRAT PLATFORM AND AGENDA FOR HIMSELF

I guess "Free college" for all those students is next.

Funny how far to the Left Trump is to Bernie Sanders and Hillary on several key issues.

CHUMPS will never see it.  They will continue to think Trump is the greatest thing since Jesus.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
I think all of the rational Western world understands we will not survive a President Hillary. I think President Trump will be quite welcomed on the world stage.   ^-^

It's difficult to welcome him though, when you don't know what the heck he is going to do. But I agree with you regarding Hillary. She must not get in the White House. :0001:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
Interesting take @mlizzy    I think the world is silently cheering him on.  Today the world is living through the ramifications and turmoil of an America weakened and without direction and vision ----and they're not liking it.  I think all of the rational Western world understands we will not survive a President Hillary.

The Pope said we are in war, again.  Trump took off when he called attention to murder by an illegal immigrant in a sanctuary city, and to murder by an unvetted muslim refugee in San Bernardino.

Increasingly folks in Europe, are witnessing the impact of uncontrolled immigration and voting favorably towards conservative/right. If they haven't yet, they will be soon.

Those people wish Trump well. They may think "If that can happen in the US, maybe it can happen here, too."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »

For comic relief.  Not much else.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »
The Pope said we are in war, again.  Trump took off when he called attention to murder by an illegal immigrant in a sanctuary city, and to murder by an unvetted muslim refugee in San Bernardino.

Increasingly folks in Europe, are witnessing the impact of uncontrolled immigration and voting favorably towards conservative/right. If they haven't yet, they will be soon.

Those people wish Trump well. They may think "If that can happen in the US, maybe it can happen here, too."

The Chinese love Trump:

Another place that would prefer a more quiet America is China, a country that has been sharply at odds with the U.S. over Beijing's expansionist policies in the South China Sea and its human rights policies, to name just a couple of issues. There, Trump is gaining some support, despite his threats to declare a trade war. China, like Russia and like some Sri Lankans, would prefer a weaker Washington, one with less global power.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/25/opinions/who-in-world-supports-trump/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 05:34:35 PM »
The title of this thread ought to be TRUMP HIJACKS THE DEMOCRAT PLATFORM AND AGENDA FOR HIMSELF

I guess "Free college" for all those students is next.

Funny how far to the Left Trump is to Bernie Sanders and Hillary on several key issues.

CHUMPS will never see it.  They will continue to think Trump is the greatest thing since Jesus.

Well, he said everything was on the table, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise if that's a part of his plan.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »
@WAC @R4 TrumPence  @sinkspur  @TomSea  @LonestarDream @ArneFufkin

Thought you'd like to read this!!   :beer:

Had posted similar analysis on the open thread, before this came out.

Trump did well today.  Only complaint is the somewhat minor collateral damage done to Cruz and Kasich.

Trump will need all of our Senators to move his  agenda at some point.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »
Trump is correctly diagnosing big government as the issue in making the students the 'conduit'

They have loans.  And I have to tell you the colleges are viewing the students as just a conduit because the students get government money, passes through, but the number get higher and higher because college costs are out of control because the colleges say "what difference does it make?"  You take a look at the salaries being paid, you take a look at what's going on at the colleges, because all it is is a pass through.  And the students are a conduit.  So the colleges are costing so much money. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline WAC

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
Had posted similar analysis on the open thread, before this came out.
Trump did well today.  Only complaint is the somewhat minor collateral damage done to Cruz and Kasich.
Trump will need all of our Senators to move his  agenda at some point.

He did very good today......and he's leading......sent my son his ten steps for reforming the VA.....( He's a big shot there).....sent me back thumbs up. He's had plenty of issues he's had to contend with regarding employees who won't work any harder than they have to....and they don't because they know they can't be fired, and they have no incentive to work hard.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »
Trump is correctly diagnosing big government as the issue in making the students the 'conduit'

We'll find out in a few days, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that his "fix" will be more big government because that seems to be his MO.

Offline WAC

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:18 PM »
YUP!!!  :beer: @flowers

Rush was spot on about Trump......I really enjoyed the Press conference and so did the journalists......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf