Author Topic: Photography  (Read 3578 times)

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Photography
« on: July 27, 2016, 05:00:13 am »
@Cripplecreek @AbaraXas ~ I like to take pictures from time to time [candid, black & white documentary-type photos usually], and from what I've seen so far, there are [at least] one or two other regular members on these boards who shoot as well. Does GOPBR already have a running photo thread? If not, is there any interest in same? Please let me know.

A couple-few pictures taken recently at an antique car show in our area.

"Buzz"
photo by MLizzy

"Little GTO"
photo by MLizzy

"Old Times"
photo by MLizzy

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Photography
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:43:39 am »
So much win. From composition to someone who still appreciates BW.  Maybe Myst will let us create a tog forum.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:27:37 am »
One of my great grandfather's photos from my hometown.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 10:28:41 am »
So much win. From composition to someone who still appreciates BW.  Maybe Myst will let us create a tog forum.

Thank you @RAT Patrol and @AbaraXas !! I'm not sure what a "tog forum" is, but I'll ping @mystery-ak and see if she is interested.

I saw one of your rock photos, btw @AbaraXas and a video too. Is this your line of work? Very nice!

They are not the type of photo I usually take [not experienced], but I have got one or two:

"7th Heaven"
photo by MLizzy
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:33:57 am »

Awesome photograph @Cripplecreek ~ I loved the way they did things way back when. I've seen some of your own images on Twitter! You do great work!

https://twitter.com/RichardJSunkle

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 11:23:34 pm »
My mother's cousin on graduation day at Fort Rucker in 67-69ish.

He was a chopper pilot in Vietnam. After his tour he left the military. His brother was a fighter pilot and had a 30 year career.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:27:23 pm »

Awesome picture, what town?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 11:32:56 pm »
So much win. From composition to someone who still appreciates BW.  Maybe Myst will let us create a tog forum

No idea what that is but if it involves old b/w photos I am all for it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 11:34:08 pm »
Awesome picture, what town?

Hanover Michigan. A Google street view photo of the same spot from recently

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 11:45:33 pm »
When [abouts] was the picture of your great-grandfather taken? The same building is there! The steps have changed, but not that much else? That's cool.

Oh, and do you happen to know what's in your gg's right hand?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 11:50:46 pm »
When [abouts] was the picture of your great-grandfather taken? The same building is there! The steps have changed, but not that much else? That's cool.

Oh, and do you happen to know what's in your gg's right hand?

I'm not sure of the year but we figure right around 1920ish.

The two closest buildings are still there. The 3rd was torn down when I was a kid.

My great grandfather was the photographer. I'm guessing the object in the attendant's hand is an oil can. (That garage is still there today as well)

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 04:49:23 am »
My mother's cousin on graduation day at Fort Rucker in 67-69ish.

He was a chopper pilot in Vietnam. After his tour he left the military. His brother was a fighter pilot and had a 30 year career.
Very nice pictures; I know that time well. I graduated high school in 1968. My boyfriend went to Vietnam shortly thereafter; maybe he knew your mother's cousin! :)

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

Loves me some black and white.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 05:57:08 pm »
Loves me some black and white.

Love the photo! Lighting is superb! Your pup has the (good) life.

We have two such pals; they don't always sit still.

"Bella and Addy"
photo by MLizzy

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 10:03:16 pm »
A couple-few favorite pics from '75-'77. Simpler times.

"Maggie and my dad"
photo by MLizzy

"Visitors"
photo by MLizzy

"Young friends"
photo by MLizzy

"I used to know her"
photo by MLizzy

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »
My dad my sisters and I in about 1970. (Figuring since I was born in 64)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 10:25:54 pm »
My dad in the middle...WW11...

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 10:50:20 pm »
For a little color.

My Rose of Sharon are bangin right now and will keep blooming till we get a good frost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 10:58:47 pm »
Mom and Dad

Support the USO

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »
How local roads were maintained in 1914.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »
Locals playing baseball in my hometown. I'm guessing it was taken in the late 20s or early 30s.

I thank God my great grandfather was a photographer.

I posted this one at TOS a while back. My hometown from the church steeple in about 1913. He my great grandmother and both grandparents are buried almost exactly under the spot where the photo was taken from.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 11:30:58 pm »
Love em all!

My dad's hobby was photography..everywhere we were stationed he always set up his darkroom..I have hundreds of photos.
Support the USO

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:40 am »
For a little color.

My Rose of Sharon are bangin right now and will keep blooming till we get a good frost.

Nice flower pics @Cripplecreek ~ Do you know the name of the lily? I believe that's the one I tried to grow from seed, but nothing happened. How tall does it get?

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:53 am »

"I used to know her"
photo by MLizzy

That is an awesome picture.  You have a good eye.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2016, 02:04:57 am »
Love em all!

My dad's hobby was photography..everywhere we were stationed he always set up his darkroom..I have hundreds of photos.

@mystery-ak ~ Love your pics; your mom's expression so cool; pretty lady ~ looking forward to more. @Cripplecreek ~ That baseball shot is really good; how long of an exposure do you think that was? Look at the cars in the background? T-o-o much.