Author Topic: CNN/ORC Poll: Trump Takes Presidential Lead Post-RNC; Hillary Clinton's negatives are now 4% higher than Trump's  (Read 297 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PJ MEDIA

URL: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/25/cnnorc-poll-trump-takes-presidential-lead-post-rnc/

by: Liz Sheld

Presidential candidate Donald Trump has taken the lead in the presidential horse race according to the latest CNN/ORC poll. Post-RNC, Trump leads Clinton with 44% of the vote, while Clinton garners 39%.  Libertarian Gary Johnson has 9% of registered voters' support and Jill Stein has 3%.

In a 2-way head-to-head, Trump leads Clinton 48% to 45%.

CNN notes that it hasn't seen a convention bounce in its polling since 2000, when both Bush and Gore got an 8% bounce in the post-convention surveys.

Trump's support is growing among independent voters. Forty-three percent of independents say they are inclined to support Trump, while 41% were dissuaded from doing so following the convention. This is a 12% increase from pre-convention polls, which showed Trump with 31% of independents inclined to support him.

Another notable finding in the survey is that Trump's favorability rating is rising. Following the RNC, 46% of registered voters hold a favorable image of Trump while 39% viewed Trump positively prior to the convention. On the other hand, 41% hold a favorable opinion of Hillary Clinton while 55% have a negative view of the former first lady. Clinton's negatives are now 4% higher than Trump's.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Online LMAO

We'll see if this holds but assuming this is true, Hillary's negatives rising while Trump's decline may be 100% related to the email scandal. It appears that may be hurting her more than the press wants to admit. And it's something people can understand. First, being careless with Classified information while SOS and then asking people to make you CIC is a tough sell.

Secondly, people believe a crime was committed and that she "got away with it." This reinforces the belief that two sets of laws exist. One for people like Hillary and another for everyone else.

This raucous convention isn't going to help her situation, either
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:16:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

geronl

45% of the GOP still want a new nominee